How to profile resource/who's the best profiler poll

• I'd like to see polls where you can rank your top 3, rather than choose a top one.

There are a plethora of pro profilers that sound awesome. I'd like to give a shoutout to Andy, Armin and Pete who have not only kept their cool when questioned, but publicly and privately respond and are rather selfless in explaining and sharing their techniques. We are lucky to have a gang of friendly and responsive profilers!

BTW, where is Db9091?!? ;)

• I'd like to see polls where you can rank your top 3, rather than choose a top one.

There are a plethora of pro profilers that sound awesome. I'd like to give a shoutout to Andy, Armin and Pete who have not only kept their cool when questioned, but publicly and privately respond and are rather selfless in explaining and sharing their techniques. We are lucky to have a gang of friendly and responsive profilers!

BTW, where is Db9091?!? ;)

+1

• Of course it comes down to personal taste but sinmix just nails all the metal sounds for me. quadtrack any of his high-gain profiles and you will have a wall of brutality right in front of you and thats amazing!

I´m missing Stymphalian Productions on that list btw!

• Andy did for sure an awesome work, creates the biggest amount of profiles and profiles the most amps - more then anybody else.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

When will mankind be able to get by without ratings?

And where's my popcorn?

[Blocked Image: http://www.brickwall.pl/gify/1.gif]

There is no magic, all you need is:

- Great Amps,
    - Great Different cabinets,
    - Great Boost (OD808,TS,MXR? :thumbup: )
    - Great mic and mic pos
    - a lot of time and patience :D
    - objective assessment of other users

Done! :thumbup: now it's time for Fun! :thumbup:

Stay Metal!

• My preference in profiles greatly depends on the intended use and style/genre. I voted for Andy (TAF) simply because I have more of his profiles than anyone else and I tend to use them the most (when practicing/jamming). If I need a profile for high-gain recording I typically choose one from Sinmix, Stymphalian, or ArthurD (who I don't see on the poll, by the way). Each seller/creator of profiles tends to shine in certain areas. Very difficult to choose "the best" overall.

• I have purchased profiles from a number of folks on the list.

In all honesty, it's a matter of rating each profile on it's merits for me.

Sometimes I am thrilled with a profile and it's staying on my KPA for regular use or for particular recording situations. I have also purchased some that have not been what am after whatsoever.

My criteria is rather particular. That's why I have the KPA. It's possible to get the amps I want the way I want them.

Sometimes the amp or the the placement of mic/s or often the settings on the amp which was profiled will make or break what I'm seeking. There are instances where the speaker that was used for the profile just misses the mark.

Here again, there's always some difference between amps of the same brand and model. I have been playing for a long, long time and the KPA really is THE solution for someone like me that needs very specific and sometimes subtle nuance from an amp to be just right for me.

There's profiles from folks on that list that have been remarkable keepers and some which have not done it for me.

For that reason I can't say someone's the "best". It might be accurate and inaccurate depending on a particular profile.

Edited once, last by 1fastdog ().

• db9091 and Stymphalian Productions added to poll

I was joking about db9091 (as that is me, haha) but if I had to put on one Free Exchange profiler whose profile I play all the time it's AGUS and his Vox AC 15 Handwired, just like you are ear level to the speaker in the room with it.

I think if you aren't polling 10%, you should just post the profiles of that person you use and with which guitar maybe. On your poll it would just be "Other" after the major profilers.

• Sinmix gets my vote. The modern metal tones have been the hardest to achieve for me and his profiles just seem to work best. Classic rock, blues, crunch, clean - I find lots of those that are great both free and commercial.

Sinmix gets my vote. The modern metal tones have been the hardest to
    achieve for me and his profiles just seem to work best. Classic rock,
    blues, crunch, clean - I find lots of those that are great both free and
    commercial.

Thx man!

Personally I would have added Thumas, he is my favourite poll and it's free !

:thumbup:

Stay Metal!