Powerworks speakers

• I just bought the Powerworks PW100 speaker to try out with my Kemper. I have a Yamaha dxr10 as well. I have to say for less than half the price of the Dxr10 the Powerworks holds it's own very well. It's a very small speaker also. Loud as hell!

I recommend people look into this speaker as a very cheap alternate to the Yamaha. I paid $190 for mine new. They have (4) 4" speakers and a horn tweeter.

• I think to tone is pretty darn good. Pretty comparable to the Yamaha, imo... YMMV.. It mixes fantastic with the Yamaha! It's a tad bright, but easy to dial out. Obviously not a ton of low end with the 4" speakers, but low end is not for guitar anyhow.. I don't really think it sounds thin at all. Great midrange with a little eq. ANd I do feel like I have noticed a tiny bit of latency with the Yamaha that I am not noticing on the Powerworks. Maybe it's just me, not sure.

The guys at the music store were pretty happy with what they were hearing.

• I had the Kustom PA50 and Powerwerks version. It seems to be made by the same company as they are identical. I used a 50 watt version for a while as a stage monitor.

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

• I had the Kustom PA50 and Powerwerks version. It seems to be made by the same company as they are identical. I used a 50 watt version for a while as a stage monitor.

Probably so.. They don't seem to claim to be high end audio gear.. I am using it as an additional monitor onstage.