Software Editing

• Speaking from a personal point of view,would it be possible to edit the parameters in software?

My rack is situated under my desk,so every time I need to change something I have to
    go under the desk to reach,my solution is to have the Kemper on top of my desk which
    is less than perfect.

Changing rigs via Rig Manager is fine,but it would be so much easier if it were possible to
    alter EQ,Turn FX on and off,and adjust stomp box settings etc in software.

Just a thought.

Alan

• Hi Allan

A software editor has been already discussed many times in this forum. It seems an editor is far down in the priority list. I share your meaning an editor would be very helpful and would make things easier in some configurations. We have to wait. ;)

• Have you tried Everglade Audios midi control for Windows ?

http://www.evergladesaudio.com…trol/kpa-midi-control-0-2

That is bad-ass! I think i'm going to wait until its in Beta, but, still great to see someone take the initiative. Who knows, maybe this will lighten the load of Mr.K and get some of the other more requested features we want.

Maybe this link should be pinned or posted as a resource for users. Any admin who can make this happen?

• The Alpha has been out since a good while. If you're interested I'd suggest you (all) to d\l and give the dev a feedback, I believe the app suffers from lack of popularity.

As for the pinning... Forget about it :)

• The Alpha has been out since a good while. If you're interested I'd suggest you (all) to d\l and give the dev a feedback, I believe the app suffers from lack of popularity.

As for the pinning... Forget about it :)

+1. AFAIK the software hasn't gone out of pre-beta status.
    And I haven't seen the dev post here for quite a while, sadly so, because I wish this initiative was more of a success.

• Downloaded it today. It's still labeled alpha. Moved a few virtual knobs and everything I tried seemed to work. It didn't crash and it's nice to load the effects via an editor. :thumbup:
    I'll test it a little more but it certainly feels and looks very promising!!!

• Downloaded it today. It's still labeled alpha. Moved a few virtual knobs and everything I tried seemed to work. It didn't crash and it's nice to load the effects via an editor. :thumbup:
    I'll test it a little more but it certainly feels and looks very promising!!!

Thanks. Are there limitations?

• Well, it's still onedirectional. The editor doesn't know what KPA is doing, so if you change a rig on KPA, you don't see the changes in the editor.
    The effect slots start in a kind of "default position" with all controls at minimum. You chose an effect and the effect is loaded into KPA with KPA's default values and the editor's controls are at minimum until you move them. For instance you select a fuzz. It's loaded into KPA with KPA's default value (maybe gain 5.0 treble 3.5 or whatever). Editor shows gain 0.0 treble 0.0. Now you move gain. It goes from 0.1 to whereever you move it. Now the value in KPA and editor are the same.
    Thus it's not as intuitive as it would be if it was bidirectional. Editor can talk to KPA but won't listen to KPA so to say.
    Consequently it's not (yet?) possible to import rigs from KPA into the editor.
    Some effects don't work. E.g. "green scream" seems to load but changing parameters does not change anything. "Mouse" loads but parameters cannot be changed from the editor.
    "Space" is not available. I suppose that the editor might be older than the latest firmwares. That could also explain the behaviour with "green scream", since there were changes some firmwares ago (just a guess).
    When I try to switch rigs from the editor weird things and strange noises happen.
    I haven't checked all stomp effects but some react normal and others not (as I mentioned).
    Over all that editor still looks very promising but probably needs some more work. On his website the author writes that the project is currently on hibernation, :( which is sad, because it really doesn't look that far from completion.

• Yeah, the version is definitely older than a couple of FW updates!

IIRC the dev had hoped in some kind of feedback and specifics from Mothership.

That's true, I had a few private mails with him about this.
    Apparently Kemper weren't interested, sadly so.

• You're right, and I see the limitations now.

• That's true, I had a few private mails with him about this.
    Apparently Kemper weren't interested, sadly so.

That's really sad. I can understand if Mothership don't want to develop an editor (even if I would want them to do so) but it seems little effort to me to supply someone who does such a nice job (and for free!!!) with those specifics and information. Almost looks like deliberately blocking someone from achieving something?! Anyway I can only speculate why they are so reluctant, since obviously they do not plan to come up with an editor themselves. ?(

• I love the Kemper...but it needs a software editor, i'm really surprised this is not on Kemper's number 1 priority list?? I mean look at all the requests for it. It needs to happen

• +1 on the editor...it would make the KPA really more accessible and perhaps with the development of a intuitive GUI would give the user a better understanding on the features and leaves them less abstract. I don't want to bring up other brand or devices but literally all have a libreian and editor ....so there I did it ;)