Top Jimi: '87 Marshall Silver Jubilee Now Available!

• Hey gibson,

It's one of the lead channel high gain profiles, or "Ld High". Almost all the profiles are in pairs, with one being done with V30 speakers and the other with Greenbacks. The profile for this part of the clip is using Greenbacks. I'll get the exact name of the profile for you tonight.

Jimi

Thanks Jimi!!

• Hi Jimi, I noticed an issue with the normal channel cabinet. I hear loud pops, like a clipping "boom" (input and output leds are green)

To hear it, put a lead booster in the stomp section (with volume=+2 for example) and a studio equalizer in the x section (with these settings: low gain=1.3 low frequency=200.1 high gain=1.3 high freq=5015.0 mid1 gain=1.3 mid1 freq=1007.0 mid1 q factor=0.707 mid2 gain=0.9 mid2 freq=1499.2 mid2 q factor=0.707 mix=100% ducking=0 volume=0)

If you lock the lead booster, the studio equalizer and the cabinet used for jubilee clean channel and scroll the rigs, you will hear loud pops, even with the high gain rigs (be careful! keep the rig volume very low)
    If you disable the studio equalizer pops seem to disappear; I would not exclude though issues with other combinations of stompboxes

• Hey gibson,

It's one of the lead channel high gain profiles, or "Ld High". Almost all the profiles are in pairs, with one being done with V30 speakers and the other with Greenbacks. The profile for this part of the clip is using Greenbacks. I'll get the exact name of the profile for you tonight.

Jimi

The profile from the second clip is "TJ-Jubilee Ld High-2".

Hi Jimi,

I was looking these yesterday and based on the profile details the only Ld channel profiles having greenback cabs were the ones having TS as boosters, all other Ld profiles had V30 cab. So is the contradiction in the quoted messages, in the profile descriptions or in my eyes only?

If the previous observation is true, just curious why there's no more Ld+greenback profiles, didn't they translate/work as well as V30 in that area?

• Jimi,

I absolutely love the Silver Jubilee profiles, especially the high gains 2-5. You managed to capture the very unique tone of that amp which makes it very recognizable the moment you hear it. I also purchased the 5150 and DSL profiles, but the favorite is definitely the Silver Jubilee. I own a DSL and it seemed to me that the bottom end was a little broken up, mine doesn't sound that way. It seems that amp is very hard to profile and capture the true sound. I profiled mine and it sounds close, but I had to tweak it a bit. Great job keep them coming!!

• All l. Jimi'a profiles have this old school type feel, might be what you are experiencing with the low end: the greenbacks could definitely. Be the cause of the broken up low end feel/sound though for sure. But all of jimi'a profiles kinda have this rolled off high end, tons of midrange, slightly cut bottom end kinda thing going on. I do enjoy it, but not sure how to brighten them up a tad, although the jubilee seems to be not so much so, I'll be picking these up tonight. Jimi has stated he doesn't want to reveal what mics etc he's using during the profiling process, however I'm hopeful he will reveal atleast alittle info to his loyal customers to get an idea what is going on and what/why it is we are hearing what we are hearing? :) I very much enjoy top jimi'a stuff, use a lot of his stuff often. :)

• Hey VESmedic,

The mic procedure leans heavily on the SM57, which gives that old school sound. That mic rolls off some of the low end and some of the extreme highs, and has plenty of mids. I find this type of EQ works fabulously in mixes. The Greenbacks also do this to the tone. I do profiles with V30s as well as the Greenbacks to get more variation.

My personal favorite profiles are almost always the ones with the Greenbacks, except for clean tones. I'm old school. :)

Jimi

• thanks Jimi :) sounds very sm57ish but im no expert, hard to tell sometimes. Any news on when you will be putting up that 64 vibroverb for sale? On a huge vintage Fender kick as of late, really looking forward to that.

• Awesome! I’ll grab them as soon as I’m home. BTW can you tell me if sounds like those in this video are possible? F.E. at 0:36 or 6:49. I know the audio in the video is not the best bu you certainly get the idea - love that sound http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE3dUUj4_4Q

Had to try also myself cathing some of that Frusciante's vibe with these Jubilee profiles. Although obviously lacking the JF's fingers and some nice -55/-62 strat, but anyhow with some EQ tweeks I think the ballpark is indeed achievable with these profiles. Great work Jimi!

Here's couple of short clips I made; first one is just the guitar sound alone and the second one with some bass+drum tracks added (btw. bass played through Kemper also). Guitars tracked using one single profile, but added some touch wah and distortion FXs.

https://soundcloud.com/jjuki/dani-california-guitar

https://soundcloud.com/jjuki/dani-california-instr

• The Fender Super Reverb profiles are spot on! I compared vs a real one (have it for few days from a friend) and hear that both amps come from the same family :-). Especially when played at higher volume. After I installed your profiles I deleted the ones I did a couple of days before ... Thanks! :) :)

Cheers
    sacapuntas

• Just tried these on both a les paul and a strat/type guitar and i must say, i really liked them. For some reason i liked the clean profiles more on the les paul and the gainy ones on the strat, but i'm assuming that it's because i do like brighter guitar sounds overall. I might be wrong but i do think the jubilee is darker/moodier than most marshalls so it makes sense. Top work tho, will get more profiles from TJ in the future (i'm pretty much broke now :D).

Not that i should ask this here but, i did find that the hall reverb that is set on default on the profiles takes away from the overall brightness of them, is that normal? never noticed it before. Might be some ear fatigue on my side tho.