Tag editor that can *add* to multiple entries?

• Hi guys! My name is Sveto and I'm a Kemperholic! :)

The last few days have been quite crazy, with blisters on my fingers etc... LOL. So many rigs, so little time...

I wanted to ask if there is a tag editor that can edit multiple rig names, but just add and keep the previous names. For example i have a couple of (hundert) rigs with the names "Mars Driven", "Fan FloydWall 3", "God Of Compression" etc. And i want to add "ABC" in front of the rig names, so the result is "ABC Mars Driven", "ABC Fan Floydwall 3", "ABC God Of Compression" etc. Obviously it would take ages to edit 700 rig names one for one, so i want to automate it.

I can do that to file names with Directory Opus on my PC. But as we know files names don't mean anything to the Profiler. Can any of the known tag editors do what i need to?

Cheers
    Sveto

• There's the RigManager for editing tags and for a few other things (e.g. prelistening profiles). Never heard/read of this? It's Kemper Software and you can download it via their homepage. I don't know if it can do exactly what you want, but I'm sure other members will chime in and tell you if it's possible or not.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• Hi sveto,

A long time ago, I wrote a python based tag editor that I stopped maintaining.
    It was possible to process excel sheets containing rig tags (and thus it was easy under Excel to change rig names like you want)

I kept a link to a doc i wrote here : https://docs.google.com/presen…P3_YhJxw/edit?usp=sharing
    The doc is also available in my signature

I must tell you that it is not so easy to install (it is required to install python 2.7.x on a PC) but when i was using it, i was able to process thousands of rigs.

In the case you are interested, here is the dropbox link :
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.…749/kpa_tag_inspector.zip

If you don't succeed to have it running , i can try to perform what you want to achieve if i can get access to thes epatches through dropbox for example.

Waiting to hear from you,

Laurent

• Thanks Laurent, i think i remember your name from one of the tag editor threads - you've done quite a bit for the community here, if i'm not mistaken. My hat off to you, sir! :)

I'll look in to your suggestion later tonight, and if i have any questions, i'll post here.