"Compiling" profiles

• Here the word "compiling" is used in the same sense as in "compiling C++ source code".

I was just thinking, would it be possible to make the changes to a certain profile permanent? The reason I ask is because a lot of times what I would call my "base tone" from a profile often needs to have bass and top end cuts, some times adding a bit of midrange - which I wish would be selectable in the tonestack BTW. So all this processing consumes DSP power and thus adds a bit of latency, doesn't it?

Just curious if all the changes we make to a profile can be incorporated into that profile, modifying it permanently and resetting controls like bass, treble, presence, mid to <0.0> so from then on they don't consume any more DSP. Cab high and low shifts are also excellent candidates for that IMO.

• I don't think there's any added latency from using EQ controls or even from adding FX. There isn't any noticeable latency between raw profiles and profiles that have been modified.

I would think so as well, but it would be interesting to hear a statement form the mothership about this.

• While it is interesting, this is one of these cases of actively looking for problems.
    It has the added 'benefit' of making them much more likely to be found, whether or not they exist.

On topic, i'm pretty sure the answer is 'no'.
    If modifying settings was latency-inducing, playback would have to stop and resume once anything was changed, inducing stutter or an audible 'pop'.
    IIRC, the transition is smooth.

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• Indeed all that's needed is a latency test, but I'll go out and say that I *feel* that cab high shift and low shift introduce some added latency. I could be wrong of course, only a proper test would present real evidence. I'll see if I can do it over the weekend.

I'm thinking that another benefit of "compiling" profiles could be improving load times (switching lag). Not sure it makes sense because I have no idea what the architecture of the KPA is, although I think I've read somewhere that it's based on linux.