USB stick not recognised for update (recognised for backups etc though).

• Hi,

my first post around here, as I'm still fairly new to the Kemper, but I'm having an issue with updating already, unfortunately.

So, I formatted a 16GB USB stick on my computer, put it into the Kemper to have it formatted for the Kemper, put it back into the computer and put the update file (kaos.bin, IIRC) in the correct folder. All as instructed in the update folder.

Then, when I plug the USB stick into the Kemper (doesn't matter what mode it's on), the Kemper seems to get stuck. The tuner no longer moves, I can no longer adjust parameters, or whatever. When I switch from the tuner to the browser (e.g.), it just acts as normal again and recognises the USB stick; however, I get no option to update the Kemper. I can backup rigs and whatnot just fine.

FWIW; I'm using the unpowered Rack-version, it's on 2.4.something and I'm trying to update to the latest firmware.

Kind regards,
    Laurens

• Yes, "Format the USB stick on the Kemper" is always a good advice in this cases.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• I tried again and it didn't work again, but then I used another stick and with that, it worked. Really strange, because the other one works with any device (from PC to Mac to PS3 and whatnot). Ah well, got it to do what I needed, so that's the most important thing.

Could it be the formatting, though? I formatted the other stick on my Mac in Mac OS Journaled, and the one that worked was an old one I had laying around that was formatted on Windows in FAT32 or NTFS (not sure).

• I tried again and it didn't work again, but then I used another stick and with that, it worked. Really strange, because the other one works with any device (from PC to Mac to PS3 and whatnot). Ah well, got it to do what I needed, so that's the most important thing.

Could it be the formatting, though? I formatted the other stick on my Mac in Mac OS Journaled, and the one that worked was an old one I had laying around that was formatted on Windows in FAT32 or NTFS (not sure).

Good it works now. I've seen this happen a few times with different sticks.
    I'm pretty sure it's nothing to do with the the existing format as they're re- formatted in the profiler.

THe Profiler can only deal with sticks that were FAT32 formatted.