A Confession!

• I think it's really cool you have a good attitude and an open mind. Most wouldn't have gotten to a third unit having given up, and that is understandable.
    But I generally like how you roll with the downs with class!

That said, I'm not letting you NEAR my KPA! ;)

• OT: I've never understood why trading between the U.S. and Canada is so complicated. It seems so counter- productive.

Yeah, some weird 19Th Cent. borders-protection issue going. Maybe buying bananas/oil/paper/cars would be much cheaper on the other side... :rolleyes:

It would certainly not be the first time that protectionist rules are set for blocking spontaneuos commercial trends/fluxes.
    When the USSR whas still on, their oil cost 5 times less that in Western Europe. Italians from North-East used to cross the border to Jugoslavia to fill their cars' tanks. At a certain stage they just did not allow it any longer... end of the story.

• Yeah. Negotiations take place when involved parts believe they have something to gain, and none of them is strong enough to impart its will.
    Nations are like young teens, after all.

• I think it's really cool you have a good attitude and an open mind. Most wouldn't have gotten to a third unit having given up, and that is understandable.
    But I generally like how you roll with the downs with class!

That said, I'm not letting you NEAR my KPA! ;)

LoL! :D No worries! I'll stay away! For me, it was just luck of the draw. I'm really careful with my stuff and take very good care of it. At the end of the day, I've had three different versions: The lunchbox, the powered rack and now the non-powered rack. I guess it isn't unlike so many individuals who have already had several Axe FX units. I know of one guy on the forums who is on his 4th unit as he keeps coming back to it. At 3, I hope this is it for me!!!
    I've already noticed that the new unit has a much tighter glass fit with no movement, not like my last one which had a lot of movement in it to the point that dust was getting behind to the lcd. So, that is a good start.
    Thus far, the new unit is working just fine with no issues! No flanging or crackles like I had on some the same presets with the other unit using the same firmware. That is a good piece to note as well.

and to the rest....yes, the NAFTA free trade act is a joke. There are so many restrictions on items and in many cases, the cost to bring them a few hours north of the border is not even worth it because you get clobbered with the brokerage fees. I always laugh when I see someone shipping for free from California to New York. Yet when I try to get it shipped from Buffalo, which is an hour and a bit south of me, we get hit with ridiculous fees. It isn't right at all.

• What seems so weird to me is that the U.S. wants to negotiate that infamous free trading agreement with the E.U. and still there's this border protection to Canada.
    Sorry for being so O.T.

Classic neo-colonialism. I don't think anything was wrong in allowing the latest WTO deal to fall through. After all, the Industrial Revolution shows us that nations need to grow through domestic consumption, rather than export-driven economy. The developed nations still do it to each other, e.g. the US and Canada. But they're telling the Third World, "Give us access to your market," after systematically pillaging them for over two centuries. For shame.