Kemper owner today

• The machine still sounds awesome but drives me crazy...
    I saved a sound in Browser mode and named it 2 Voodoo. I browse to that song with the browser knob. I want to save it as a rig so I press Store As. And then it comes with a totally different name (1962 Electro)... Is this logical?

• The machine still sounds awesome but drives me crazy...
    I saved a sound in Browser mode and named it 2 Voodoo. I browse to that song with the browser knob. I want to save it as a rig so I press Store As. And then it comes with a totally different name (1962 Electro)... Is this logical?

?(
    I use browser mode for everything

1:I have my kemper set up so when I save a rig it goes to my favorites list...(you don't have to do this)

2:I find a rig like and hit store.

3: after I hit store it gives me a chance to RENAME it

4:I leave the name the same just put numbers in front of the name you will see an option to INSERT characters while naming it

5:Then hit store again and it saves it to the kemper.under all rigs and favorites rigs.

Name before save =1962 Electro
    Name after I store and (RENAME) it = 01 1962 Electro

Now if I use the soft RIG buttons like pictured earlier I can press the down button and go all the way to the 0's and be close to my rig name 01 1962 electro.

I have over 100 rigs numbered so if I wanted to get to my rig numbered 106 I would use the up or down soft RIG buttons go to 9 then use the left or right rig buttons or browser knob to get to rig 106 named(106orange Jim root 1)

If you need I can make a video.

This works well even when you get a midi controller because you can match the midi change number of the rig to match it's name.

Good luck sir! :D the Kemper (machine) doesn't make me crazy it makes me
    [Blocked Image: http://media1.giphy.com/media/k9qu4GDdGVDLa/200.gif] HAPPY

Edited 4 times, last by Lash ().

• You cannot browse to a song. You browse to a performance.
    At first the profilier attempts to name a slot after the rig.
    Is that what you mean?

I'll try again:
    I'm in Browser mode. There's a sound I have made (and probably have overwritten a previous one....later on I will do a factory reset when I know how to deal with everything...)

To get that sound I press the blinking right button (load) above the screen.
    Now I want to save this as a rig..
    I press on the blinking button Store (left to the screen) and press Store as (above the screen)
    A black screen on the left says: Store Rig
    So I press again on the blinking button Store.
    In Perform mode there's no sign of this rig. In Browser mode it takes me quite some time scrolling through all presets to find me that rig.... not convenient on stage...

And just one example of how to do everything in the right order would do the trick (or maybe I'm gettin' to old for this... :) )

• In Perform mode there's no sign of this rig. In Browser mode it takes me quite some time scrolling through all presets to find me that rig....
    .. :) )

Well, for one give that rig a unique name in browser mode, like '01 xxmodified rig'.
    In performance mode, of course you will find this rig while scrolling.
    Now you only need to place that rig in a slot and save the performance.

• Well, for one give that rig a unique name in browser mode, like '01 xxmodified rig'.
    In performance mode, of course you will find this rig while scrolling.
    Now you only need to place that rig in a slot and save the performance.

Thank you so much for your effort to show how it is done :rolleyes: So a rig is a complete collection of everything you need to get a desired sound:
    amp and effects. The manual says that the signal starts with the input, but that's locked. Then comes the STOMPS block. But I thought it would be more logical to start with the amps block in section 2 (together with a desirable cab and EQ) and then move on to the effect section on the right. Finally, should I worry about the settings in OUTPUT?

BTW, I see that it still takes you some time to reach for 01HELLO. On stage I guess this is not an option and a (Kemper?) controller would make things easier...?

• BTW, I see that it still takes you some time to reach for 01HELLO. On stage I guess this is not an option and a (Kemper?) controller would make things easier...?

That's why I use a midi foot controller on stage and my midi change numbers match my rig number/name so midi 01 changes to 01Hello

If you was on stage without a midi controller 8| and had your top 10 profiles numbered in order 01 -10 you could reach them very quick if your just switching back and forth between the numbered rigs. On the video i just showed you how to get to a rig even if you were far away from the numbered rigs. On stage you would have them set in order. To get to your next rig (02) its only one push of a button.

If you have a windows 7/8 pc or mac you could change the rigs using rig manager. I have speech control setup on my windows 8 pc so I can say UP or DOWN and switch rigs with my voice BOOOM.... I know voice control would not work to good on stage but it's fun at home

[Blocked Image: http://media2.giphy.com/media/RMQ7kUUhfcYj6/200.gif]:thumbup:

performance mode may be the way for you. A lot of people use it. it's a great feature. :thumbup:

Edited 18 times, last by Lash ().

• Thank you so much for your effort to show how it is done :rolleyes: So a rig is a complete collection of everything you need to get a desired sound:
    amp and effects. The manual says that the signal starts with the input, but that's locked. Then comes the STOMPS block. But I thought it would be more logical to start with the amps block in section 2 (together with a desirable cab and EQ) and then move on to the effect section on the right. Finally, should I worry about the settings in OUTPUT?

BTW, I see that it still takes you some time to reach for 01HELLO. On stage I guess this is not an option and a (Kemper?) controller would make things easier...?

You can switch off all the fx in the beginning and start with Amp and cab like everybody. It's easy.
    Furthermore I feel you haven't quite grasped the concept of performance mode yet which helps you to sort copies of rigs that you need in a sensible way. ;)

• That's why I use a midi foot controller on stage and my midi change numbers match my rig number/name so midi 01 changes to 01Hello

I have a Roland FC 200 and I now managed to have 4 rigs under the corresponding switches.: No1 = self made rig 1, No2 = self made rig No2 aso.
    Explaining:
    - midi out FC 200 to midi in KPA
    - press 1 on FC 200
    - browse on KPA to desired sound
    - press knob SYSTEM
    - press STORE and DONE!

But with this midicontroller you only can call up the total sound...no switching off or switching on other effects within the rig..right? I guess this is only possible with something like a Voodoo lab Ground control or maybe a Kemper controller (if the last one allready is on the market...)

• Never worked with CC's. Always just as a programmed on/offf switch.
    Suppose I want to change from a clean sound to a solo sound in the middle of the song (if that's possible), do I use the same switch for that? That would mean foot tapping...right?

• Never worked with CC's. Always just as a programmed on/offf switch.
    Suppose I want to change from a clean sound to a solo sound in the middle of the song (if that's possible), do I use the same switch for that? That would mean foot tapping...right?

There are actually several ways to achieve that: using your guitar's volume know, switching to a different rig, engaging an effect, engaging a booster/eq pre-amp, or raising volume pre-amp with your pedal.
    :)

• There are actually several ways to achieve that: using your guitar's volume know, switching to a different rig, engaging an effect, engaging a booster/eq pre-amp, or raising volume pre-amp with your pedal.

Ok I guess that's for later... first things first.

Now I'm running into the million dollar question and the capability of the KPA: How to sound just as in the song?
    Until now I tweaked a lot and experienced with different amps. But again (as many items in the past with other modelers): How to sound quite as the original?
    I know there are a lot of circumstances involved: type of guitar, EQ, ambience, room, cabinet, pick-ups, knowing which amp was used incl. settings aso but the KPA would be known for dealing with all that. Or is this all just for very experienced sound engineers and not for "common people"? Making simple sounds (like clean sounds with delay settings like U2 or chorused rock Status Quo sounds) have been no problem for me. But what about others if you have just your (expensive) guitar?

• Most sounds on records are heavily produced, rather than aiming at sounding like the records you should aim at sounding like your heroes sound live.

Pretty sure, if you try and play Hendrix with a 335 or an LP you might as well use his amps and it would not be the same, even if you yourself could sound like him.

IMO, when facing a cover what matters most is the credibility of the spirit you put in the song, not the accurate emulation of timbres. But I'm aware there are different opinions around.