Kemper owner today

• Always smiling...! :)

The combination of the KPA with my 2 QSC K8 speakers works fine. Pressing CABINET shows a dozen of cabs. But do I need them when I now have external speakers?

See, there's still some misconception on your side.:)
    A profile contains a whole signal chain: amp, cab, plus how the cab is microphoned.
    You want to amplify this signal chain as neutral as possible.
    The QSR's as such are a good choice because they are FRFR (full range flat response).
    But IF you want to hear a Marshall Head with another cab, e.g. a Mesa you'll apply another cab to the rig.
    You can apply any cab of any rig to any other rig.
    This gives you lots of options.

See also the WiKPA in my sig... :)

• I'll be the last one to deny this....! It's sounds good now though, so I haven't consider to try different cabs. What I did is:
    I choose an amp and a cab, add a small amount of reverb and delay to it, EQ'ed some things until it sounded acceptable. I agree that I might be not on the right track in the way it should be done! But I guess that's still due to lack of experience with the KPA. I still have a lot of questions marks.... in time....

• For an audition I have to play: Killing in the name of (from RATM). Playing the song is no problem but doing the whammy is!

For the time being I now use the Roland FC-200 which I simply use for choosing rigs: 1 = song 1, 2 = song 2 etc. So I haven't been able yet to use program changes within a song (like switching from clean to crunch or lead or defeat a chorus or a delay when necessary in verses or choruses).

Anyone to tell if it's possible to assign a whammy in this particular song and how this is done with the controller I have?

• (I'm sorry...I forget to write :Please)

I guess it won't do with the pedal on the Roland FC-200 because that one is for Volume. Must I buy another pedal, exclusively for expression purposes or are there other solutions. And then...how to program for whammy? I really want to join this band....!

• Not really, unfortunately.

I have set 7 rigs in the KPA which I control with my Roland FC-200. 1 = rig 1, 2 = rig 2 aso. No problem sofar.
    I connected a guitar cable to Pedal 2 on the rear of the KPA. I haven't a clue where the other end of that cable should go into the FC-200.
    [Blocked Image: http://nl.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2mw7afo&s=8#.VDL7BxbwDHl
    And then I can't figure out (with the manual!) how to assign a whammy to a rig. Nothings works...

Any suggestions... :huh:

• No need for connecting a cable from the KPA to the FC-200 as there is already a pedal on the FC-200 to control volume or whammy or Wha with it. Assign Midi CC#7 for volume and #1 or #4 (can't remember exactly) for Whammy and Wha to the pedal. This needs programming the FC-200 not only the KPA.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• I can't understand this midipedal with its CC's. I have bought a new expression pedal from Boss, FV-500H, thinking this would make things easier. How wrong was I. The pedal is brand new but the problems are here to stay.
    In STOMPS I choose for PEDAL PITCH (hopefully that's the Whammy. I connected a guitar cable to input 1 on the rear and on the pedal to EXP.
    Then to SYSTEM. There's Heel Pitch, Toe Pitch aso., I can dial the soft buttons below to adjust both pitches. But the expression pedal is nowhere responding... (sigh....)

• Another issue..

I'v read that the the KPA wah's are better than most regular wah's on the market.
    I tried to get a normal wah-sound, like Dunlop's Cry Baby. I use Stomp A: WahWah. I switched a lot between Manual, Peak, Pedal Range, Peak and Peak Range but I don't get the deep and high Wah-tone. I guess this is due to the influence that turning of knobs to each other has. What is the best starting point from here to get a decent and killing wah-sound?

I assume that it must be possible to get Jimmy Hendrix' wah as well as Joe Satriani's smooth (automatic?) wah in The Extremist.

• Awesome...! I'm sometimes confused by the TYPE knob and the BROWSE knob. Now I know that you can pick any type of fx through the TYPE knob and find many expressions/examples of that particular type under the BROWSE knob which makes it easier to tweak, rather than to start from scratch.
    I understand that by RTFM you mean: Read the FINE/FRIENDLY manual....

Thanks!