Kemper owner today

• I try to dig deeper (but I might be scratching the surfce...):

I have a rig no. 6 set with a wah (expression)
    I have the same rig but now saved as rig no. 7 and now with a whammy (expression)

Using my midicontroller pressing 6 or 7 leaves me just with the last setting (whammy) and the wah is gone.
    Or: again first set with a wah, but then the whammy is gone.

Obviously, I'm doing this wrong but I want the same rig to be used with 2 different fx. That I therefor have to use 2 controllers on my midicontroller is no problem, but now it saves only one.
    Any help? :)

• Awesome...! I'm sometimes confused by the TYPE knob and the BROWSE knob. Now I know that you can pick any type of fx through the TYPE knob and find many expressions/examples of that particular type under the BROWSE knob which makes it easier to tweak, rather than to start from scratch.
    I understand that by RTFM you mean: Read the FINE/FRIENDLY manual....

Thanks!

If its any consolation, I still grab the TYPE knob sometimes when I want to browse presets :)

• When I'm in rig mode that TYPE knob it only shows Non-Favorites, My Rigs, Current Author aso. Nothing to tweak here. I can only use this knob for scrolling to fx from the STOMPS section and then accessing tweaking parameters for a chosen fx preset...right?

• TYPE knob shows what's availabe in STOMPS under ABCD. Picking an effect there and then go to BROWSE shows different presets for that fx for easier tweaking than from scratch....
    Under PROFILING MODE I have these same possibilities as under BROWSER MODE...

• I have to re ask my question above (from October 11:

I try to dig deeper (but I might be scratching the surfce...): I have a rig no. 6 set with a wah (expression)
    I have the same rig but now saved as rig no. 7 and now with a whammy (expression) Using my midicontroller pressing 6 or 7 leaves me just with the last setting (whammy) and the wah is gone. Or: again first set with a wah, but then the whammy is gone.

Obviously, I'm doing this wrong but I want the same rig to be used with 2 different fx. That I therefor have to use 2 controllers on my midicontroller is no problem, but now it saves only one.
    Any help?

• Thanks for your suggestions! I tried but I can't figure out why it doesn't work. Probably due to my lack of knowledge about midi.
    Here's what I've done;
    Rig no 6 works fine with the whammy.
    Now rig 7: I push SYSTEM, page 6: MIDI Settings

The right of the screen says:
    - CC01 (expression) but there's no activity when pressing the expression pedal.
    -under that is: CC04: (pitch) pressing the expression pedal goes from 0 to all the way up but there's no pitching to be heard.
    - under that is: CC07: Volume. Pressing the volume pedal on the FC-200 it reacts from 0 to all the way up - 100.
    Midi Global Channel is Channel 1.

Next I put the mode on the FC-200 controller to CC. But by pressing pedals on the FC-200 I can't see what I've done. Where/How would I notice that I have set something to Wah (Midi CC#1)

I tried also the 2 functions in the upper screen:
    - Wah pedal to Vol. and
    - Wah pedal to Pitch
    Engaging the first one leaves me with only 100% volume (volume pedal FC-200 is idle)
    Engaging the second one has no effect whatsoever on both pedals .

BTW: you write: "In the Kemper master settings,"Pitch to Wah" should be turned On."
    But the function PITCH to WAH is not in the screen. Do I look in the wrong direction?

Can you follow...?

• The FC-200:

Since you could see the CC04 pedal working, and pitch works in program 6, I think one of your FC-200 pedals is currently set to send MIDI CC 04. And, you could see the CC07 volume pedal working, too. One of these pedals needs to be changed send to MIDI CC 01 (this will enable Wah or Pitch from the same pedal).

I don't have an FC-200 pedal, so I can't tell you how to update the pedal settings. The owners manual is here: media.rolandus.com/manuals/FC-200_OM.pdf

Also: If you bought it used, the previous owner may have made custom pedal settings. In the manual, there should be a way to restore the Factory Settings in the FC-200.

In the Kemper:

"I have a rig no. 6 set with a wah (expression)"
    "Rig no 6 works fine with the whammy"

Your wah Rig should be saved with the Stomp button Light ON for the wah,

Your Pitch Rig should be saved with the Stomp button light On for the Pitch effect.

You are correct about the parameter I mentioned: The parameter is called "Wah Pedal to Pitch"

Click that parameter ON. That setting will enable Pitch or Wah control from a pedal transmitting MIDI CC 01 .

• I got it....! :):):) (but after a long time and don't ask me why!)

But now I seriously wonder having bought the wrong pedal. The problem is that I have to program a wah or whammy in the rig. So when I start playing, wah or whammy is allready ON and colours the sound heavily. But I need the fx only in the solo. So I miss an on/off swith on this pedal (like a Cry Baby) ....
    I didn't think of that before...! I'm sorry, Paults. You helped me a lot!!

Can I solve this problem somehow or does it mean: returning to the shop and buying something else...?

• I was to soon with my victory...unfortunately.
    I found out it's impossible to control an independent wah or whammy with a rig with this pedal. It's just one or the other. Saving these fx in 2 different rigs result in remaining one and the other stays idle.

Is this a KPA problem or this Boss 500H pedal problem. I can't get to it.
    It's a drag....

• "The Profiler offers a feature to share a Wah Pedal to control Volume and Pitch as well. These can be activated via global switches in the System Menu. In other words, if there is no active Wah nor Pitch effect in your current rig, the pedal controls volume. If such effects are active in your current rig it controls those instead of volume. This functionality applies regardless, if you connect an analog expression pedal directly and assign Wah Pedal functionality to it or if you send MIDI Control Change #1 from any MIDI controller."

• Hi Paults,

The Boss is connected to input 1 on the rear. And producing the whammy is no problem. The trouble begins with the wah. Using another rig for that disconnect the whammy (pitch pedal) on the previous rig. I'm beginning to think that you need 2 expression pedals for these fx.

And another problem: Driving a KPA wah through this pedal means that there's a coloured wah constantly because the Boss has no on/off (like a Cry Baby)

I have been thinking about a Ground Control (Voodoo Lab) but my KPA-dealer (who has very few knowledge of the KPA, after all he's only a salesman....(!)) told me that won't proble solve the problem too.

I'm very curious on experiences of people how they play live with the KPA and control these effects separately from any saved rig (just like a few stand alone stompboxes, but controlled by a external controller, whatever brand that may be.)
    The dealer told me also that Kemper just next year will release his KPA controller but I should consider the fact that this will be in the range of $ 1000....
    I guess my FC-200 will not the trick. Still I'm looking for flexibility and not for tapdancing...
    So what next?

• Connect the Boss pedal to Input 2. THAT is the jack for what you want. And, set Wah Pedal to Pitch = ON

Mine works fine that way.

You can have both Pitch and Wah be automatically bypassed at the pedal all the way up, or all the way down.

The wah can be set to not turn on until you move the pedal, using "Bypass @ toe" or "Bypass @ Heel".
    If you move the pedal, the wah comes on.

Pitch can also be set to "0" pitch change with the pedal at Toe or Heel. Move the pedal, the pitch changes.

Note: As far as the FC-200 goes, ask a separate question in the "Other Gear" section about it - there are people who use it, but your questions are hidden in this "hello" thread.