FW 2.6 thread

• I use my KPA exclusively for recording (thru convertors because I work at 48k). I've found that quite often I have to really work at EQing the low end with something like DMG Equilibrium to remove the low end wallow that is overpowering if left in the mix.

I've just played a Strat thru some Profiles I previously made (of late 50's Bassman (2), Bandmaster, Super, Low Power Twin, High Power Twin - made w/ U-67 w/ 55 Strat) with 2.6 beta for the past hour and I am not hearing that low muddy blossom and above that area there is nice power in the warmth region. (Edit: I should mention that all of the profiles are quite clean.) Additionally I am hearing with LFC On (vs.Off) the Profiles giving me a much more balanced cohesive smooth sound overall. Quite remarkable. Even the effects (if used on the profile) sound better ie. reverbs more transparent etc I guess because the guitar signal is without baggage. (Edit: Monitors are nearfield Neumann A-310s).

Edit: All twenty profiles were clearly better sounding with LFC On.

I guess I'll wait for final release and try profiling again but what I am hearing with 2.6 beta is very nice.

Excellent work gentlemen.

Will

Edited 4 times, last by WillB ().

• Big +1 on all of that!

• that's interesting

• ... You freaking nerd :D

Yep, someone has to do it :)

The idea of calling up a rig and having the real time option of using the new LFC as on or off. Maximum flexibility!
    Of course having a foot controller that will send these multiple messages is required :)

Keep the upgrades coming.
    Sean

• Sounds interesting. Sean's last profiles are killer , but he has to put some serious work into it. Maybe some of t he other profiles will now sound right.
    Will B , I hope you put these profiles on the R.Ex. We still need some killer tweeds.

• Second little noodle with FW2.60 https://soundcloud.com/per-anders/the-kicker

i didn't bother doing any EQ or Hi/Lo-pass and while it shows there's now enough definition in the sounds from FW2.60 that I really feel you don't need to be quite as brutal as before to get separation in a mix, so going in reverse easier mix = better tracking = higher quality output from the Kemper in my eyes at least. Well done Christoph & Team!

Hi, I just saw the "improved support for gordius foot controller", i didn't about Gordius

Yeah, it's certainly one of the best MIDI controllers around... You have total control on what to send, where, how and when. You can send multiple commands on any genre, and basically can "invent" your own controller and use your device in any creative ways. Provided the controlled device can respond to MIDI commands, your fantasy is the limit.
    :)

• Sharing my first impressions on 2.6: since we perceive frequencies in relationship to one another, changing the bass characteristics of the KPA will affect not only low frequencies, but the tone as a whole. I'm pleased that it changed for the better IMHO, so even the mids and highs seem different; I feel profiles now sound more realistic overall. Thanks Kemper team :thumbup:

• Even I didn't want to install any FW-betas anymore, I couldn't resist and I'm surprised: great improvement and better, more defined overall sound. :thumbup:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• Thanks, i just checked everything that could have defaulted, and all my connections are good. It seems that the new beta causes the issue. No one else experiencing this? ?(

I experienced it as well. I found the the Direct Volume in the Output section was at max. I turned it down all the way and the feedback went away. I'm not finding any other issues with the effect loop now that the feedback is gone.

• I thought 2.6 would not effect current profiles?
    Seems to me a lot of profiles sound much better.
    Especially the latest Amp Pack 9 from The Amp Factory.

Emilio

It seems to be kind of unclear whats actually up there but a lot of people (including me - and you) think they notice a difference.