Output light showing it's clipping at every volume.

• So, another thread, because I thought updating my first thread would be a less convenient should someone ever have the same problem.

My first recording session with the Kemper besides noodling around and I notice the output light keeps blinking red. I tried lowering the master volume, which I keep at 5.0 normally, but that didn't help. I went to the output settings and set the main output to -50 dB and it's still doing it. No clipping in the DAW or on the interface, though and it sounds just fine, but I would like to know why the Kemper thinks it's clipping. The input light is bright green at all times.

I just updated to 2.6 so it might be a little bug in the FW, and I wouldn't know if it's the FW because I only noticed now - post update.

Cheers.

• What is clipping is the rig volume, not the Master. It means the D/A converter is being (gently) clipping.
    Use the lower rightmost knob :) the Master volume has fo be used when the input of the device behind the Profiler clips (DAW, active cab).

• The output led represents all outputs. Meaning, it will only be correct for outputs which are not attenuated.

Lower the rig volume. There's no point having it that high, and you avoid the possibility of ever clipping any output.

• Nope. It was just high rig volume somehow. I normally keep them at 0 and -3 or -6 where needed, but the profile I was using had jumped up, apparently. No harm done, however, it was only a demo session, not an actual recording session where the best signal matters. :)

Still figuring the unit out, so I might ask more questions later.

• There's no rule in rig's levels, if you change the value and resave, and then share the profile, it will be higher than it was for every user. You can just turn volume down and resave :)