Top Jimi - OUSTANDING PROFILES

• I just want to put a word in for Top Jimi Profiles. I LOVE their profiles. I am a die hard, 56 year old player of 42 years. I have owned and adored a ton of vintage amps...particularly went through a Plexi phase in the 80s and owned about 10 late 60s Marshall Plexis and a slew of early 70s metal panels. I have also done the vintage and boutique Fender Tweed amps and have a lot of experience with Voxes. Anyway, I have been blown away by the Top Jimi profiles of the Marshall, Vox, and Fender amps. They are exactly what I was looking for...they are exactly what I expected as far as as sound and response to playing--just like the amps that were captured. I have seriously thought about purging all the other commercial profiles and going with these. I don't need em...and I have purchased most of the others. No knock on the others, and I'm glad there are options...but with rare exception, they always sound a bit thick/over eq'd, off...more what I would expect from a computer or modeled amp. Top Jimi's don't. I have been so pleased with every amp Top Jimi has offered. CANT WAIT FOR THE TWEED HARVARD AND TWEED CHAMP!!!! Anyway, just my opinion, but if you have not tried them, please do. AND I AM NOT AFFILIATED WITH TOP JIMI IN ANY WAY.

Kemperfan

• I purchased a couple of the TJ Bassmans, the Superlead, and the Vox AC30 and have been incredibly happy with them. They sound fantastic and feel great as well. Recommended.

They are the only commercial profiles I have purchased besides the David Gilmour Hiwatt from TAF which is also outstanding.

I would (and likely will) purchase from both again without question.

• I am a die hard, 56 year old player of 42 years.

:thumbup:

They are exactly what I was looking for...they are exactly what I expected as far as as sound and response to playing--just like the amps that were captured.

Yep, TopJimi profiles are absolutely top notch. Great rock guitar tones, with minimal tweaking. I have also purchased many packs from Jimi (all Marshall, many Fender and Vox), been very happy so far! To me they work equally well for recording or for live playing. :)

• thanks Ingols. indeed I was listening to them right now, after months. and have to say that even that of Andy (TAF) is superb.

as a matter of fact I used them for my debut CD, coming out first october.

will try to post some teasers soon

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• Thank you very much for the kind words. I'm glad the profiles we're providing are inspiring folks to make great music!

We recorded the demos for the '60 Champ last night, and the '59 Twin a few nights ago. Will release these soon. '59 Harvard and '64 Vibroverb soon thereafter.

Michael, again, fantastic clips!

• Thank you very much for the kind words. I'm glad the profiles we're providing are inspiring folks to make great music!

We recorded the demos for the '60 Champ last night, and the '59 Twin a few nights ago. Will release these soon. '59 Harvard and '64 Vibroverb soon thereafter.

Michael, again, fantastic clips!

Jimi.....my pleasure. and thanks for the appreciation.

in a matter of days you will be able to hear my album, entirely made by TAF profiles and yours (except for some sounds). Beta listeners have gone crazy about my guitar sound so far. so I'm confident that you will like it too.

Michael

p.s.: one of these days I'll try the Silver Jubilee: the sound clips on your website are great!

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

• I started recording the cd in october 2013 and finished january 2014. the first three months I didn't know about your profiles and had TAF ones. then I tried yours and dare to record something. you know that when an album is started it is hard to change things and even dangerous.

nevertheless I did use the '78 one for several parts. I would say about 30 if not 40% of the CD guitars, which is a lot considering the CD mostly finished. I'm quite sure the results are outstanding!

just few more days...and after the release I'll post some songs in my soundcloud for public listening.

michael