Simple pedal for browsing rigs (up/down)

• Hi,

I currently have a FCB with uno4kemper which I'm quite happy with, but I would like to have a small 2 switch pedal to simply browse rigs (previous/next) . I've seen the Boss and Behringer pedals which apparently work fine and also this one in thomann: http://www.thomann.de/gb/lead_foot_fs2.htm that I like because it is dirt cheap, does not use a battery, has a single cable and a small form factor.

Do you think this would be suitable to switch rigs up/down? Any configuration on the KPA side to make it work?.

Thank you for your ideas.

Matt.

• Thanks Martin,

I'll get a Boss then, what about the cables? Do regular lead cables work or do I need a special type?.

Thank you.

Matt.

• As far as I can see it's a latching switch, not a momentary switch. So it won't work.
    Boss FS-6 would be the way to go. :)

Laching switches do work, actually. I use a simple amp switch all the time. You'll just have to presst twice, which makes things slower and less practical.
    :)

• I'll get a Boss then, what about the cables? Do regular lead cables work or do I need a special type?

Cheap cable is fine, no audio transmitted. But you need a TRS (stereo) cable to use Up/Down functionality.
    Set the pedal's switches like shown in the image below (both to momentary mode):
    [Blocked Image: http://www.jacksmusic.com.au/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/f/s/fs_6_rear2.jpg]
    Connect your TRS cable to the middle jack (A&B)
    In your Profiler's SYSTEM menu, go to page 4/9.
    Then if you've connected the Boss FS-6 to Pedal Input 1, select Pedal 1: Switch (stereo) - Rig Up/Down and you're ready to go. :)

• If you like a smaller version of the FS6, I highly recommend this one from Bright Onion Pedals. I just got my second pedal from there. It's pretty much indestructable and fits in every pocket or the back of your rack with some velcro ;)
    James is also a super nice guy and will help you with any question for customising any pedal :thumbup:

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guitars for what I told her they cost.