Kemper for AXE FX II?

• Got the latest firmware on my Kemper and it works flawless. Maybe try to import it via USB storage ^^

I did that and it said the rig is already on my Kemper, but I deleted all the rigs and just moved a few over so I wouldn't have over 800 amps on it. I flipped through "all rigs" and it doesn't show up under that or "recently imported". Maybe I'll have to factory reset and try again.

• Hi! I have had the Axe Fx since 2009. Now I have Axe Fx 2. I bought a Kemper in February and I have not used the Fractal product since. My Axe is now for sale. ☺

I had a similar experience. But either way, I hope the OP finds the best gear for him and is happy with it. :thumbup:

PRS Singlecuts
    Kemper PowerHead/Remote

Quote from skoczy

When you turn the knob on KPA, you wake up the captured souls of tube amps living inside.

• Thanks for the kind replies! As I said.. I'll get my hands on an Axe Fx II this week and will post and subjective(!!!) comparison of both units on the sounds and mixes I can achieve with these. I am really looking forward on this comparison!

• hey Guys!
    Today the Axe Fx II came to me.. finally :)

I dialed in some tones and did this very quick mix just to get an idea!

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• In terms of straight metal sounds the Kemper and Axe are even. They both sound pretty amazing. But playing around with effects and getting in the djenty realm the Axe provides this surgical sound which I could not achieve with the Kemper that easy and fast. But anyways I´m still fidd´ling around with the Axe. I don´t know yet if the extra money is worth it though.
    I´ll keep you updated! :)

• I have thought long and hard about getting an Axe II. Lately I'm not convinced it would benefit me. The clip sounds kinda unnatural or not very tube amp like. There is definitely a place for this but I'm wondering if it can really do the real amp tones as I am looking to get somewhere inbetween. Agree that it is tough to get those processed sounding tones out of the Kemper. I suppose this is where profiling the Axe would come it.

Once you have your ideal tone on the Axe would you mind profiling it and let us know the results?

• I'm not loving the Axe sound you've got there, to be honest. Sounds kinda plasticky to me.
    Also sounds like it has potential, but i guess the XFX2 has been known to have a steeper learning curve.

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• Here´s a short comparsion I did. I think you can tell a general difference between both units but not that one was exceptionally better than the other. I tweaked the profiles/presets but there´s no post eq, or post production.
    Amps used: Diezel Herbert, Framus Cobra, Mesa Mk4. The gain stages may vary from amp to amp. ^^

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I personally like the Axe Diezel and the Kemper Mk4 best! But I think the Axe is bit tighter, of course you can get similar tones with the Kemper 2 but also playing the Axe feels bit mighter (don´t know how describe it :P ).

• Wow. That comparison is not even fair. The AXE wins that by a landslide.

If I am understanding correctly the 1st, 3rd, and 5th takes were the AXE and the 2nd, 4th, and 6th were the KPA?

If so I know what I'm doing.

actually I beg to differ I thought the best clips were the first (axe) and last(kemper) and the middle pretty nasty lol...esp the 2nd

I think at this point if you have some of the biggest metal producers in the world using the kemper.....its safe to say its doing its job quite well

I've heard great stuff from all units and bad as well

• I personally like the Axe Diezel and the Kemper Mk4 best! But I think the Axe is bit tighter, of course you can get similar tones with the Kemper 2 but also playing the Axe feels bit mighter (don´t know how describe it :P ).

lol we must have similar ears I just saw that hahah

while I say its nice that you like them as well...wait till the next FW update....that axe preset won't sound the same lol
    THAT was one of the big reasons I stuck with the kemper

• Yep! I think 2 the Kemper does a nice job and if you keep on trying you'll get the tone you want. But I was not able to get this diezel sound with the Kemper in this very little amount of time as I did with the axe. So that is that. Plus the editor is sooo good! But then again... Just profile the axe and it's nothing special anymore :D I just don't feel (at least now) like keeping both units. Decisions have to be made! :D