Noiseless single coil pickups

• Do any of you players have the experience with noiseless pickups in Strats and/or Teles compared to standard pickups?

I played Fender Stratocaster Deluxe Player lately with Fender Vintage Noiseless pickups and, yes they are dead quiet but I felt somehow that they sound sterile and Hi-Fi sounding.

Do any of you have the same findings? What pickups do you have in Strats and Teles when you glory famous Morgan AC20?

• I like the Vintage Noiseless in my EC Strat - for what they are - noiseless.

IMHO sound noiseless pickups not as great as regular single coils - but some are close.

For my Tele I use DiMarzio Area T DP 417/418 - and it's the same - works great - but not 100% the same as great SC PU's.

Anyway - for a noisy environment I prefer these two guitars much over any great SC guitar with a lot of hum.

My best (almost noiseless) sound I get from my main 60' Strat and the 'Suhr Noiseless BPSSC' System - 100% SC sound and 90% noiseless.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Hi I got some Hot fender noiselesssomewhat related to Jeff Beck. They are the sweetest thing I could play as far as single coil PU. They are absolutely noiseless, the strat is dead silent on the KPA , I never use ant noise gate on that one.

I really dig the fact that you got the classic famous strat tone with vol & tone pot around 8 , and a good modern heavy tone on 10. For Blues and Jazz just dial them at 3 to 5 et voilà , pure sonic bliss. You 'll play anything with these.

The condo must be chosen carefully in order to have that good tone range, I went to 0.022 µF if I remember well.

A few tracks recorded with that strat ( a cheap chinese squier body & neck , you can tell most of the tone comes from the pickups !!! )

Hard rock : https://soundcloud.com/waraba/riding-the-hawkwind

Sweet floydish track : https://soundcloud.com/waraba/charibde-scylla ( quite the opposite of sterile to me !!! )

Hendrixian balad : http://www.riffworld.com/Members/waraba/stratyricon ( end part is a jazzbox , not the strat )

• Don't get me wrong, I love to have little to no noise, usually.
    But I want to remember us (me included) that sometimes we just get to paranoid about noise in the digital age. Think of Rory Gallagher, all this noise has become part of his performance. Can't imagine him playing noiseless pickups and still getting his expressive guitar work done. :)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Maybe sometimes we just have to allow some noise, depening on the style of music we're after. We like raw and vintage amps, we like the sounds the old masters achieved. But still we keep fighting part of what they had to deal with (and did with great success).

Cheers
    Martin

• I'm using DiMarzio Areas both in my Tele and my Strat, had to dig deep into special wirings and even inverted the magnetic polarity on the middle pickup myself in order to have the out-of-phase positions in the Strat sounding closer to single coils, but it was worth it, I feel I've got 99% there :)

• Right you are, Sir! The same is true for Brian May (and countless others).

• I'm using DiMarzio Areas both in my Tele and my Strat, had to dig deep into special wirings and even inverted the magnetic polarity on the middle pickup myself in order to have the out-of-phase positions in the Strat sounding closer to single coils, but it was worth it, I feel I've got 99% there :)

Yes, I read that DiMarzio Areas are the closest to the raw feel of american standard quack and twang. I played the Fender Vintage Noiseless and yes you can hear characteristic changing when switching pikups positions, but it all is flat and polished like from 30$ ZOOM pedal.

Edited once, last by skoczy ().

• I have the DiMarzio Areas in a Tele and am pretty happy with them.

I'm planning on getting a set of Fishman Fluence pickups for my Strat. I heard them demonstrated at NAMM and really liked what I heard. They've just recently become available but the few reviews I've read have been very positive.

Fishman Fluence Pickups

Brian

• I use Kinman pickups.
    Much better tone than Fender Lace....

http://www.kinman.com/index.php

Emilio

I never liked the Fender Lace Sensors, but the new Fender Noiseless Vintage are much better and perfect for big venue-shows with lights, leds ect. Of course my old '58 strat will sound more authentic, but on tour it's important not to have too much noise (even Rory Gallagher didn't care....).

I also use Lindy Fralin P90 Hum Cancelling-pickups for my Les Paul Goldtop, they are very good and authentic.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de