One of my rigs died during rehearsal

• I only use 4 rigs with my Lizzy-band and after a couple of songs my main rythmsound just turned totally silent. I tried the other rigs and they were ok. I unplugged my midicontroller(pod hd500) but still no sound. connected it again and played a few more songs using another rig, then tried the silent one again and still nothing. browsed through a number of other rigs and a few of them were also silent. played a few more songs and then back to my "silent rig" and suddenly it was back from the dead! ?( :huh: ...I'm on 2.6 beta...I never did a reboot because we were a bit short of time. both the input and output lights showed "activity".....any ideas?

• I had something similar, although it was from start up. For 5 minutes I thought I'd connected something incorrectly, or that one of my leads had died. As soon as I switched profile, the sound was back. This was using Browser mode in error (I use Performance mode for gigs and rehearsals), so once I'd switched to Performance mode, I never bothered to check the profile in question again. I think I'll have a look at it tonight. I'm on 2.6 Beta too.

Cheers,
    Sam

• Hey Sam, are you aware that Browse and Performance modes save two different instances of the profiles?
    It seems that the "browser" copy became faulty after you saved a copy in Performance mode.

• I had something similar, although it was from start up. For 5 minutes I thought I'd connected something incorrectly, or that one of my leads had died. As soon as I switched profile, the sound was back. This was using Browser mode in error (I use Performance mode for gigs and rehearsals), so once I'd switched to Performance mode, I never bothered to check the profile in question again. I think I'll have a look at it tonight. I'm on 2.6 Beta too.

Cheers,
    Sam

yes similar beaviour..but I don't use performance mode..could still be the same "bug" though...or it could be what viabcroce says...let's investigate further

• Hey Sam, are you aware that Browse and Performance modes save two different instances of the profiles?
    It seems that the "browser" copy became faulty after you saved a copy in Performance mode.

Hmmm, interesting....

yes similar beaviour..but I don't use performance mode..could still be the same "bug" though...or it could be what viabcroce says...let's investigate further

Yes, let's!

Cheers,
    Sam

• I only use 4 rigs with my Lizzy-band and after a couple of songs my main rythmsound just turned totally silent. I tried the other rigs and they were ok. I unplugged my midicontroller(pod hd500) but still no sound. connected it again and played a few more songs using another rig, then tried the silent one again and still nothing. browsed through a number of other rigs and a few of them were also silent. played a few more songs and then back to my "silent rig" and suddenly it was back from the dead! ?( :huh: ...I'm on 2.6 beta...I never did a reboot because we were a bit short of time. both the input and output lights showed "activity".....any ideas?

This used to be a similar bug that was talked about on the forums some time back. Sound would cut out and not come back. I think it was supposedly fixed in a firmware revision. At any rate, the sound did not come back if you changed profiles, so this might be it's latest avatar.

Do you have an expression pedal hooked to your KPA? Could it have killed the volume on the profile?

• This used to be a similar bug that was talked about on the forums some time back. Sound would cut out and not come back. I think it was supposedly fixed in a firmware revision. At any rate, the sound did not come back if you changed profiles, so this might be it's latest avatar.

Do you have an expression pedal hooked to your KPA? Could it have killed the volume on the profile?

I use a pod hd500 as a midicontroller and it has a built-in exp.pedal that I only use as a wah..I doublechecked this too when it happened. I'll contact support if it happens again. the weird thing was that there were several other rigs that were silent too(that are not set up for midi) and when the sound finally came back, it came back for all the rigs. ?(

• i had a similar issue where 50% of the time when turning on my kemper, i would get no sound at all, then it would magically work again. i thought it was my kemper, but it turns out it was just a bad speaker cable connected from the cabinet to the kemper. i played around with it and could get the sound to cut in and out just by turning it a bit.