Reamp with Logic Pro X ?

• I've used the Kemper for a year or so and am loving it! During my recordings I've recorded the main stereo out as well as GIT+STACK through S/PDIF and I've used Focusrite Scarlett 6i6. So in essence, that's 4 tracks simultaneously recorded containing the full stack with FX through the main stereo out plus the dry amp track as well as the dry unprocessed GIT signal.
    Now I've got some new (better sounding profiles) so I'd like to reamp the GIT but can't for the life of me understand the signal routing in Logic pro X. I've seen a couple of guides on youtube but that's been with Cubase or other DAW's. Anyone got a reamp setup that can share a quick guide how to route the recorded GIT into the Kemper and back into Logic?
    All the best!

• I am not familiar with your interface, but I have a Focusrite Saffire Pro 24, and I have to set something up in Mix Control (which I guess YOU also have?). Basically, you route one of the "unused" channels (I guess you could say "virtual channels") inside the mixcontrol to whatever output you want to reamp through. I took "DAW8". The routing is below the part with the faders. This sends audio that comes to my DAW8 channel directly out through the SPDIF in my case.

Now, on each channel strip in the mixer in Logic, there is sort of like a "button" you can click, which probably at the moment says "Stereo out". This you need to click and select a different "out". Here I choose DAW7/DAW8 (since I also use the stereo track method). This sends signal to MixControl's DAW7 and DAW8 channels, and mixcontrol sends DAW8 on to my interface out. Mind you, you need to select the right channel in the routing, so you don't send the already affected tone back into the Kemper.
    In mixcontrol, I mute these "virtual" channels - they are still sent out, they are just not playing over the speakers.

Does this rambling answer help?

• Hi
    I'm facing a similar issue now.

I am trying to re-amp through SPDIF. I have successfully recorded the dry track (through setting Output to SPDIF Git Studio). I am also able to send this dry signal back to the kemper (with its Input on SPDIF Input Reamp) and can hear whatever rig I have selected in Kemper play through the Kemper headphone out. HOWEVER, as soon as I want to actually re-amp and therefore change the Output on Kemper from SPDIF Git Studio to SPDIF Master Stereo, I get high pitched feedback noise!!

From what I understand the idea is the Output of my dry track in Logic is sending the signal back to the Kemper - but isn't it meant to since the Kemper receives Input from SPDIF Input Reamp?

For example above, when you say you sent the dry signal to MixControl's DAW7 and DAW8 channels and MixControl sends DAW8 to interface out, doesn't this go back to Kemper through its SPDIF in? (by the way I am not using MixControl, my interface is Metric Halo ULN2).

any help much appreciated, thank you!

• Hello Folks,

Trying to reamp the direct guitar signal recorded in Logic X, using my UAD Apollo Twin Solo, as an interface. I am trying to use the Line out channel 3 from the apollo twin, into the return input of kemper (Which is a normal 3/4" input), even if the audio is not playing, I am getting a high frequency feedback noise. Help please!!! ||||||

• Hello Folks,

Trying to reamp the direct guitar signal recorded in Logic X, using my UAD Apollo Twin Solo, as an interface. I am trying to use the Line out channel 3 from the apollo twin, into the return input of kemper (Which is a normal 3/4" input), even if the audio is not playing, I am getting a high frequency feedback noise. Help please!!! ||||||

Problem with your software monitoring (either daw, or whatever software controls the interface). Make sure the routing is sound, so you're not sending the monitoring signal back to the kemper. I'm betting the INPUT signal is being sent to line out 3

• So I am using Logic Pro X, Saffire Pro24 and Kemper. I am going to delve into this in the next week or two. You have all been warned. Expect a LOT of dumb questions! LOL!