M Britt Kemper Profiles

• Thanks guys! Always glad to hear when the profiles work for anyone else.

There are actually some Z Wreck profiles including the Z Wreck cab in the BoC pack. And I only have a couple of decent Trainwreck profiles so wouldn't even be enough for a mini pack at this point. /13 amps are in the first couple of packs.

• There are actually some Z Wreck profiles including the Z Wreck cab in the BoC pack. And I only have a couple of decent Trainwreck profiles so wouldn't even be enough for a mini pack at this point. /13 amps are in the first couple of packs.

I'd love a /13 separate mini pack as I don't need the whole packs 1&2, and I love cherry picking
    If get yourself some time to work on Z Wreck or Trainwreck (from your profile picture) profiles, that'd be über awesome
    cheers

• I haven't really tried anything new for a long time so I decided to download the 800 pack on last Sunday. OMG! I took my R7 Les Paul and spent hours to jam just with the first profile of J800, I did not even try the other ones yet! What a tone and dynamics! Definitely gonna try that out next time when I play 80's metal songs with my friends. Many thanks @lonestargtr!

I own all of the MBritt profile packs except the rack pack. I have bought packs by others, and while they sound great on the recordings, they don't work live for me. Michael's profiles just seemed to be fine tuned for live performance and the soundmen love them. They just set the EQ flat and we are good to go. I am a marshall guy and my main profiles are 2 of the 70' 100 watt marshall. I think its in pack 2. Soundmen tell me it sounds like a great marshall through a 412. I also use one Dirty shirley, one /13, and his 3rd power clean tone. With that said, I have been longing for a really good JCM800 profile. I have owned Michael's Jcm800 pack since it came out, but went through it when I got it and I didn't hear anything that complimented my other Marshall profile. Last weeek, I decided to go back and re-visit the pack. I don't know how the hell I missed it, but the j800 1 3 profile is spectacular. I can't stop playing it. It has that larger low end that at a JCM800 gave you over a plexi, but it doesn't have that brittleness on the top end that you can get with that amp sometimes. Part of the reason was the bright cap and not being able to crank the amp. I have owned 2 jcm800's and have played countless others and this profile sounds just like a great JCM800 should. Unfortunately I don't have a gig will Oct 22, so I have to wait a few weeks to gig it. For me, getting one great profile that I love and can use live makes any profile pack worth the money. The JCM800 1 3 alone makes that pack worth the price of admission. FYI, I turn down the gain just a hair, turning the last led from bright to a little dim and it just makes that profile kill.

• I have a question for you guys.

I tried the PT100 profile from Pack 2 at a livegig and realised that there was much low end going on there.

Do you guys engage a lowcut in the EQ in the X slot for playing live?

Sorry to reanimate this thread but I must answer this. Been playing with a pop star here all summer and tweaked my profiles after every gig (almost all from MBritt pack 1/2). We have that one song with heavy riffing where I decided I'd try that PT100 profile (from pack 2) you are talking about in spite of it feeling extreme and scooped in the mids (I used his 5150 before that). I was a bit afraid so I initially lowered the bass and cranked the mids a bit but then the next gig I turned off the eq and gave it a try as it was profiled and I was blown away! Probably a bit of a one trick pony but definitely a killing profile.

Another great finds from this summer: I had trouble finding that Nile Rogers kind of strumming sound for pop out of MBritt before (talked about it with Mike earlier in this thread) but I think I got closer with the "Assman SF1" from pack one, where I lowered the gain to almost 0. definitely better than all the Twins I had found on RE. Also, honorable mention to the "Marshall 72 NEW" (pack 1) which came up on top of every A/B comparison I ever did for a Marshall sound.

Also, after listening to my tv broadcasts, I realized my own delay settings were a bit weak at the FOH so I took Mike's (but I set them on the same note interval left and right) and they have better balance of "mix" and "feedback".

Keep up the good work. Cheers.

• This is my PT100 profile I use for a piece of Styx's "Come Sail Away" in our rock medley. You can see I crank the mids and highs a bit. I may have even swapped to a 3P Plexi cab from a different profile to keep the overall tonality in line with the rest of my performances. Even with the settings like this it's pretty balanced. I just listened back to the original Pack 2 version and it is very woofy and dark to me. Sometimes that's what fits your guitar or rig in general. It didn't fit what I wanted so I started copying cabs from rigs that I use in my show performances until I found one that I thought sounded good. I get the creamy Suhr saturation but with the tonality that is more in line with my existing performances.

And for my Nile sound I use a Guytron profile with the gain around 2.

Thanks for the continued support and helpful comments!

[Blocked Image: http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c205/lonegtr/DC2BE888-216F-4842-8900-790F0CEB1FFC_zpsbky2epjy.jpg]

• This is my PT100 profile I use for a piece of Styx's "Come Sail Away" in our rock medley. You can see I crank the mids and highs a bit. I may have even swapped to a 3P Plexi cab from a different profile to keep the overall tonality in line with the rest of my performances.

Was that built off of the PT100 2 3 profile? That is the one I most prefer of the 3 you had in pack 3. Also did you in fact do the cab swap - you say you may have... When using this live for Come Sail Away are you using your Cobra with the P90's or something else? I have been doing this song with a strat plus I have loaded with lace sensors which has a great sound with that PT100 2 3 profile. Would love to try the cab swap you are using if in fact you are. Any chance of trying that specific profile you use for that medley - would love to try it for when I play that song!

• Was that built off of the PT100 2 3 profile? That is the one I most prefer of the 3 you had in pack 3. Also did you in fact do the cab swap - you say you may have... When using this live for Come Sail Away are you using your Cobra with the P90's or something else? I have been doing this song with a strat plus I have loaded with lace sensors which has a great sound with that PT100 2 3 profile. Would love to try the cab swap you are using if in fact you are. Any chance of trying that specific profile you use for that medley - would love to try it for when I play that song!

Here you go (I'm on FW 4.x so you'll need the current firmware to use): STYX SAIL - 2016-10-10 05-31-49.kipr.zip

I do believe it started as PT100 2 3. For that song I've been using an Anderson Drop Top with a Duncan Pearly Gates in the bridge (a pretty bright humbucker). If your strat sounds a bit thin you should be able to back down on these eq tweaks. Enjoy!

• Just a head's up. I just released a pack of profiles I did of a '65 Vox AC30. There's a free sample rig on the product page (computer site only) and it's a cool amp. You can also use the coupon code 5OFFNOW to get $5 off this pack until Nov. 25. Let me know what you think after you try them. They were finished using 5.0 firmware so you'll need 5.0 to ensure proper use. There are also a couple of rig that use some of the new delays too. I really liked the one called Flutter. Thanks!

www.mbrittprofiles.com

• Just a head's up. I just released a pack of profiles I did of a '65 Vox AC30. There's a free sample rig on the product page (computer site only) and it's a cool amp. You can also use the coupon code 5OFFNOW to get $5 off this pack until Nov. 25. Let me know what you think after you try them. They were finished using 5.0 firmware so you'll need 5.0 to ensure proper use. There are also a couple of rig that use some of the new delays too. I really liked the one called Flutter. Thanks!

www.mbrittprofiles.com

Got a gig this weekend that these will be perfect for! Just grabbed them. May need that Colonial pack too...