M Britt Kemper Profiles

• I got the 2020 pack. Unfortunately with my wife working from home, she has taken over the desk and the computer in my studio/office. So I have to try and disconnect all of her stuff to play during the week and then I have it during the weekend. So I haven't spent a large around of time with all the profiles, but I can tell you this pack is spectacular. So initially, here are the 3 profiles that I absolutely love.

68 Mars-7 I am a Marshall guy and Mike's 70SL3 has been my main gigging profile for years. This profile is absolutely spectacular. Great bite and it's very "woody" with my R9. It reminds me of the Germino Lead55's I have played and the Germino Massonette I owned.

T Royalty - 2-5 With my Es335 this profile is one of the best sounding if not the best sounding AC Profiles I have played. It's punchy and jangly and all the things that make a loud AC30 so great, but it's not quite as brittle on the top end. Which I love

3P- AD brown6- I just spent the last hour with this profile and my R9. Its absolutely incredible. With a Les Paul and humbuckers it sounds like an early marshall. The pick attack is amazing and it has the punch of a real speaker moving air. Think real early zz top. I have a feeling I am gonna spend the rest of the weekend on just this profile alone.

• Had a chance today to upgrade to OS7 / RM 3 and give the 2020 pack a spin. Tons of great stuff, though that's not terribly surprising at this point.

68 Mars-7 I am a Marshall guy and Mike's 70SL3 has been my main gigging profile for years. This profile is absolutely spectacular.

Spectacular is exactly the word I'd use to describe it.

I recently converted my 80s Strat from a Frankenstrat back to its pure stock form and original pickups. I've been working on a Billy Squire-ish thing and the 68 Mars 50 1 8R was the perfect combination with the Strat for bite, attitude and swagger. The various incarnations of the 68 Plexi are going to see some frequent flier miles, as are all the other Marshalls.

With the discount, I think I paid 24 bucks. I realize this is a normal Kemper thing, but I still can't believe I just pulled a twenty out of my wallet and now get to play all these vintage and high dollar amps.

Honestly, there are so many standout amps / profiles in this pack it's going to take a long time to narrow down the favorites. I sense another lost weekend coming...

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

Edited once, last by Chris Duncan ().

• Someone found my Easter egg!! and yes...

Hey Michael,

Do you happen to have a list of all the amp names you used for this pack? I see everything timestamped in this link but I don't know all the official amp names and have no clue what im looking at except a few :). This would be greatly appreciated thanks! Also, what is the TrainWreck amp modeled after? What was the idea in mind with that amp?

• Hey Michael,

Do you happen to have a list of all the amp names you used for this pack? I see everything timestamped in this link but I don't know all the official amp names and have no clue what im looking at except a few :). This would be greatly appreciated thanks! Also, what is the TrainWreck amp modeled after? What was the idea in mind with that amp?

I found most of them to be reasonably intuitive from the name and or pdf doc, but the CA ones are a mystery to me as well.

• Man, that 67 ProVerb is just soooo good. It's the best clean amp profile I have ever played since I got the Kemper. Seriously...

I'll have to spend more time with that one. I feel the same about the Vibro.

IMO, the 2020 is the one pack to get if you only buy one MBritt pack.....and we know none of us can eat just one.
    (I think I have all of them except 2 or 3.)

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• You guys have got my juices flowing!

With the generous discount it comes in at £19.18 of her majesty's English pounds.......well I'd be a fool not to!

'You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead' - Stan Laurel

• Like I said, I can get a few, but IDK the rest. I also dont have a PDF doc

I'd already bought the pack and it's included in the zip file. However, if you haven't purchased it, you can view the same doc here:

2020 pack

Click on the Additional Info tab at the bottom of the page and you'll see it - it's the same pdf that's included with the download.

Hope this helps.

I am pretty sure the CA Tripper is the Carol Ann Triptik

Thanks! I'd not even heard of Carol Ann amps, a quick trip to YouTube shows that I've been missing another cool thing.

• Hey Michael,

I have to try to keep trademark'd brand names out of my advertising, so it makes me have to be creative a bit with the names. Most are probably easy to figure out. And once you buy the pack, it's easy to see in the amp tags in Rig Manager what they are.

As long as this post doesn't get shared around too much as it's on a private forum, it should be pretty safe:

13 LDW = Divided by 13 LDW

3P AD = 3rd Power American Dream

3P BD = 3rd Power British Dream

57 Deluxe = Fender '57 Handwired Tweed Deluxe

63 VibroV = Fender '63 Vibroverb Reissue

67 ProVerb = 1967 Fender Pro Reverb

68 Mars 50 = 1968 Marshall Plexi 50w

72 Mars = 1972 Marshall Lead 50

Boggy Metro = Bogner Metropolis

CA OD100 = Custom Audio Amplifiers OD100

CA Tripper = Carol Ann TripR

Mars 800 = Marshall JCM800 (80's)

Match Club Man = Matchless Clubman

THat Royalty = TopHat King Royale

Too Rocky CRS = 2 Rock Classic Reverb Signature

Wrekt DLM = Trainwreck Dirty Little Monster

As for the Trainwreck, I'm not super familiar with those amps. It belongs to a friend of mine and supposedly it was made after Ken's death by someone close to him using all the same sourced parts Ken used. Both of the wrecks I've tried had the similar gnarly gain to them, very abrasive, but touch sensitive. It's kinda like the difference between a NASCAR and a production car... no comfort features, bells or whistles, just power and as little in the way of the "engine" as possible.

Let me know if you have any other questions that aren't covered in the pdf document above, too.

Mike

• Thanks. Purchased!

• Hi guys and gals.

Looking for advice on my first profile purchase! I love clean and old school country twang sounds. Medium and high gain sounds won't get much of a look in from me I'm afraid. I've homed in on the Dumble and Jim Kelley packs but would like a more general foundational pack to go with them. I've been considering Grab and go and the Vintage pack, but is there a more broad-based pack I should consider? Put another way, which is your favourite pack containing a broad selection of clean and twangy tones?

I'm a new Kemper unpowered toaster owner, living in Wales. No live playing, just a keen bedroom player! I was interested to read one of Michael's posts where he mentioned once owning a 1991 Fender Strat Plus. My main guitar is a green Fender Strat plus bought new in 1989 (or 1988 can't quite remember now!) with Lace Sensor pickups. It's a beauty with a rosewood neck.

Best wishes to all and stay safe of course.

• Good morning all.

Ive just purchased the Mbritt 2020 pack and although this may be a silly question, but where to I save the presets?

I save the rigs to my profiler, performances to performances (obviously) but I'm unsure about the presets.

Not sure if I've come across presets in any of my profiles ive purchased.

Any advice will be gratefully received.

'You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead' - Stan Laurel