M Britt Kemper Profiles

• Hi Diego,

I'm always glad that the backing tracks to my tunes gives players happiness and inspiration.

I have nothing against people like you using them so fire away. I like the way you treat it.

Cheers,

Mats N

• Wow--what I nice surprise to wake up to this morning. I've only breezed through a bunch of them, but they definitely have more of a "Pack 2" vibe as far the the openness goes. I always felt that Pack 1 was a little on the dark side, but I could always correct for it on my end. The Bletchley, Matcheless and Trainwreck all sound really good to me. So far I like these better -- much appreciated! :)

I'm curious what you did to improve them though. I wouldn't think that you had the time to re-profile them all. Is it all just in the Amp and Cabinet settings or something?

• Thanks guys! I'm glad you're enjoying Pack 1 v.2. I have been editing/tweaking/comparing a lot of the Pack 3 profiles and I always go back and compare to existing profiles. I ended up spending some time with Pack 1 and just felt that they didn't "fit" with Pack 2 and the D-Pack sonically and I just wanted to make them more consistent with each other, especially considering there are some cool amps in Pack 1. Apart from the 4 newer Matchless profiles they are the same profiles with just some mild tweaking. For the most part, it was a matter of adjusting the definition/comp/clarity in the amp module section as well as some minor eq-ing on the front. I also removed the non-essential stomp modules that were still saved with some of the profiles. I cleaned up the tags a little bit and adjusted some of the delays and reverbs as well to make them a little more in line with my newer profile packs. Pack 1 was my first pack and was really a collection of profiles I was collecting for myself in the beginning so it wasn't as "tight" as I wanted it to be, so I just tightened it up and made it a little more polished like Pack 2 and D-Pack. I wasn't really expecting or planning on updating Pack 1 but after I started listening and tweaking, I felt that I could make them a little better and wanted the newer version to be the one on the site, so I just took a little time copying and pasting to make sure everyone who already bought pack 1 would get the newer version.

I've pretty much assembled the profiles for Pack 3 so it's just a matter of recording clips and uploading and then updating the website, adding pages, etc. I think there is some good stuff in Pack 3 and will fill a few small holes between the previous packs. I always hesitate to pick favorites because I like that different players pick different favorites and make those work wonderfully for them. Thanks for all the support and I love seeing/hearing clips of you guys playing my profiles, so thanks for that!

• Real loving the tweaks on the FTR37 profiles right now, they sound great, I absolutely love this amp and think if I was going to buy a real amp it would be a definite contender. Thanks Michael!

• Also the new matchless profiles are fantastic. Specifically matchless sc30 BC6. This immediately floored me after hitting one chord. The absolute best matchless sound ive ever heard. Seriously guys, grab your tele and pull up this profile, unbelievable matchless breakup tone with great low end/body. One of my top 5 favorite profiles I've ever heard on the kemper period.

• I KNEW it! I knew there was something wrong with.. just kidding.

This sounds, or I guess WILL sound, awesome when I try them! Looking forward to it.
    We got an ice storm coming in, so no excuses.

Thanks for the update!

• Wait...what's in this NEW pack??

So the new pack is looking like it's going to contain: Bogner Duende, CAA OD100 Classic +, '67 Bassman, British Audio JTM45 Bluesbreaker, '70 Marshall JMP 20w (once belonged to Peter Frampton), Friedman BE100, JED Amp, Bray 4550, Oldfield 5E3 Tweed Deluxe, Blades Firebolt, JTM45 Offset RI, Vox AC15TB (UK), Mojave Peacemaker, Mesa Lonestar, Orange AD30, Soldano HR50 (unique PRS modded prototype), and a Scholz Rockman sustainer.

It's hard to keep finding unique clean sounds but the AC15, 5E3, JED, Lonestar, CAA, Friedman, and Rockman all have somewhat unique and usable clean tones. I was really missing having some classic rock JTM45 tones (Free, AC/DC, Bad Co. era tones), so I sought out some stuff that might cover that. The Offset RI, BA JTM45, Mojave, Orange, Soldano, and Bray all have great overdriven rhythm tones. For my country/rock stuff, the Lonestar, '67 Bassman, AC15, Duende, Tweed Deluxe, JED, and 20w Marshall are all phenomenal for the mild overdrive country/pop/rock thing. And I also went a little heavier than normal with the CAA, Friedman, Bray, Blades, Mojave, and Soldano. I threw in the Rockman because I just wanted to have those tones because they're so unique. I'm trying not to repeat myself and trying to keep finding new tones that might fill gaps. Hopefully this does some of that.