M Britt Kemper Profiles

• As far as single profiles, Let me give that some thought. At this time I would prefer not to go completely a la carte because it would mean re-doing the website and delivery system and it also seems a bit unfair to those who have already bought the package. I've tried to be reasonable with my pricing (less than a dollar a profile) and if I sold them singly, I'm not sure I could go that low per profile. Maybe I can make a couple of smaller packages at some point down the road to meet in the middle?

• For those folks that have decided not to get the MW Rokpack and have lost patience with Kemper for not releasing the free ones, I strongly suggest you check out lonestargtrs profiles. IMHO they are some of the best I have heard. And for $49.95 you get a wide selection of profiles created by someone with the golden touch. :thumbup:

• Tried these last night and they are damn good. I'm doing a fill in with a classic rock band tonight and have replaced a couple of my go to profiles with a couple of these. The Marshall seems like it will sit great in the mix and has a very in your face feel :thumbup:

• As far as single profiles, Let me give that some thought. At this time I would prefer not to go completely a la carte because it would mean re-doing the website and delivery system and it also seems a bit unfair to those who have already bought the package. I've tried to be reasonable with my pricing (less than a dollar a profile) and if I sold them singly, I'm not sure I could go that low per profile. Maybe I can make a couple of smaller packages at some point down the road to meet in the middle?

A good strategy would be IMO to start selling individual profiles at around 3 $ each. This will certainly make the full pack buyers serene, would justify your extra efforts and -with the success your work is collecting- will help your business grow.

This is what I'd do if I were the one leading the boat :)

• $50 is not out of reach for many , it's not even meal out these days so...so he will sell more profiles this way ..
    If he would of charged more it might have hurt more and sell less.

Sometimes it's good not to get too greedy !!! Not saying MW is, he has a big name and I respect it.

I wanted to buy his set, haven't yet though. Not sure it will fit my bag. At $240 I'd like to try a profile or two before I buy... when are Kemper going to release his profiles ?

but I bought this set ;) at $50 if I didn't like them , it wouldn't hurt too much, but $240 would !!!

• Hi,

I have now spent some time with Michael's profiles and they are truly excellent profiles.

I, like some others in this thread, already had a lot of profiles so I was wondering if I needed the whole package. I did have a load of clean sounds, but they were nowhere near these clean sounds.

After auditioning them and adjusting some to my taste I can report that I would gladly use Michael's profiles as the only profiles for my present situation, the only addition being the Dumble style rigs for my humbucker guitars and jazzier sessions.

Cheers,

Mats N

• Could not resist .... those profiles sound really good and feel just right. Great work. Was just wondering why the compressor is "on" in so many profiles? Is this just a personal preference? May be due to the direction of more Country like stuff? Anyway very good and highly usable.

I am feeling like in those coffee shops ...almost too much options and possibilities nowadays

Cheers
    Sacapuntas

• Could not resist .... those profiles sound really good and feel just right. Great work. Was just wondering why the compressor is "on" in so many profiles? Is this just a personal preference? May be due to the direction of more Country like stuff? Anyway very good and highly usable.

That's a good question about the compressor. When I first started using the Kemper and getting it ready for our live show, I was trying to replicate my then-current rig, which had a Wampler Ego Compressor on almost all the time, but at a really subtle setting. And since I used the best profiles as reference profiles when I made new profiles, those modules were copied onto most of my profiles. It's strictly personal taste as far as the compressor goes. On many if not most of my song presets in our current show I've turned off the compressor. It's whatever works for you. Many of the ones that were left on were just a personal judgement when I was recording the sound cloud clips. I would call up a new profile and start recording and tweak it a tad, sometimes turning the comp off and sometimes leaving it on and then however it got recorded, I saved it.

I really wanted people to be able to make these their own and tweak to their own personal taste so don't be bashful about turning the fx on/off, etc. or eq-ing it to your taste. I tried to leave plenty of room for such things.

As far as the firmware update, all of the available profiles were done prior to the update but all future profiling I will be doing will always be at the most current version.

thanks again guys!
    Mike

• +1 to all the comments about being great profiles. I moved everything (70 profiles) off my profiler into a RM folder and loaded the entire M Britt pack onto my profiler. Beyond being great profiles, the balance between the profiles was the main reason for "cleaning house" on my profiler. I'll probably end up keeping about 50 of these M Britt profiles loaded to the profiler after I finish a deeper review. Once I settle in on the M Britt keepers, I'll then begin to move back some of the keepers from the RM folder. In moving them back, I plan to work really hard to balance them to the M Britt profiles. Up to this point, there was a big imbalance between my profiles and this gives me a baseline and an opportunity to get them right (or at least closer). Hats off to M Britt for great profiles and all the work put into getting them close enough to work "right out of the box." Thanks.

• What about real clean profiles? I have tons of excellent crunch and high gain profiles (MW-pack, Andy and Armin), but I'm still missing good clean profiles (with the Fender "sparkle"), are there good ones in the pack?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de