M Britt Kemper Profiles

• I am glad you feel the same with your TAG's ,it is not secret anymore ! :D

Update : my credit card get stacked in ATM machine today , so I can buy Mike's profiles only next week or so.
    Meanwhile , I tried his free 72 Marshall and get blew up .
    And yes , playing low volume with QSC - it is very ,very good profile.
    But playing loud through real amp/cab - transform this profile to Marshall Beast !
    Probably the best sounding Marshall up to date in my KPA , but more important -it fit my Anderson Drop Top so well, as no any profile .
    It seems that they are born for each other -WITHOUT ANY TWEAKING -just as is .
    And to second what Chase said , for the first time my powerful Drop Top doesn't feel over-pronounced ,it felt just right !
    More , as I go higher with volume , tone get better and with more open and airy ,but no harsh, no way ,just bells like frequencies !
    Bass, middle and highs are so well mixed and synergized , as only real amp can do . Amazing !

On the end, (maybe I'll open new thread for this subject) rhythm chops and solo tones are identical .
    I want to say, lots of profiles have that powerful sound when one play power chords, but soloing is sometimes tiny , so pedals must be used to fatter the tone .
    Not with this profile , endless sustain and fat single tones are so obvious , and have the same power as chords .
    (very, very interesting, if not the main impression about this 72 Marshall profile ......)
    Still have to try Bulldog , it might be even better !

It might be the best profile for Anderson guitars I know of up to date , but let see, let wait a bit ...

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

Edited 3 times, last by Rescator ().

• Another successful night using all MB profiles....Anyone that thinks these don't sound amazing have not played these LOUD through a decent PA ( we use 4 15 inch mains and 2 18 inch subs at the very least for any show). For the first time I used the 3P crunch profile as my main crunch tone all night with a tele and my les paul and I was the happiest I've been on stage yet. I at first hadn't used this profile as I thought it might be a tad too midrangey for my taste, but I actually had not cranked it up to a decent volume and WOW I'm glad I did. This profile just absolutely punches through the mix SO well, with no EQing no tweaking no nothing. That extra midrange just sounds exactly how the guitar should sound in a full mix, I wish everyone could have heard us last night: but if you bought this pack then you are already aware of what I'm talking about :) Could be my favorite all time profile in my KPA, and that is tough for me to say, but for me, this is THE modern country/country rock rhythm tone, however it just spews of british glory and the marshall vibe could work for just about any modern rock. Absolutely fantastic job, highly impressed and just extremely thankful for MB putting these out there and available, I have become such a better and more comfortable player with these tones hitting me in the face through my monitors all night!

• Thanks for the support and great feedback. Yes, stock Anderson pickups do seem to have a bigger frequency response, especially on the top end. I have stock pickups in my Anderson Hollow T and that's the guitar I do most of my profile testing with. If I can get the profile dialed in on that guitar, it usually still sounds good with starts or humbuckers.

And I've noticed the treble response from powered speakers changing with volume as well. They may sound muffled at low volumes but then clear up when you crank them up. That's why I find myself bouncing back and forth while working on the profiles to make sure I'm auditioning them accurately. I switch between headphones, in-ear monitors (UE7's), studio monitors, FRFR powered speakers (Mackie SRM550, SA1521), and my FRFR Atomic 50w wedge. They all sound slightly different so I have to fight the urge to eq them for any one of them. I get them where I'm pretty satisfied with the profile on most all of them and then I test the profile during soundcheck through our Digidesign D-Show console with Sennheiser wireless iems. I treat that as the end goal… getting them to sound good onstage. Some profiles are easier to dial than others for sure. And sometimes I have to re-do the profiles if I didn't get the mic blend perfect the first time. All that is to say that I'm very glad so many of you are happy with the treble on my profiles. I still tried to leave plenty of tweaking room for those that like brighter sounds, but I'm not a quiet player onstage and the treble becomes more pronounced as volume increases, so I may err on the side of warm over bright, but I still like to hear clarity. The benefit of that is that the single notes do still sound full and I'm glad someone else picked up on that.

Keep the feedback coming. It all helps! Thanks!

• Thanks for the support and great feedback. Yes, stock Anderson pickups do seem to have a bigger frequency response, especially on the top end. I have stock pickups in my Anderson Hollow T and that's the guitar I do most of my profile testing with. If I can get the profile dialed in on that guitar, it usually still sounds good with starts or humbuckers.

And I've noticed the treble response from powered speakers changing with volume as well. They may sound muffled at low volumes but then clear up when you crank them up. That's why I find myself bouncing back and forth while working on the profiles to make sure I'm auditioning them accurately. I switch between headphones, in-ear monitors (UE7's), studio monitors, FRFR powered speakers (Mackie SRM550, SA1521), and my FRFR Atomic 50w wedge. They all sound slightly different so I have to fight the urge to eq them for any one of them. I get them where I'm pretty satisfied with the profile on most all of them and then I test the profile during soundcheck through our Digidesign D-Show console with Sennheiser wireless iems. I treat that as the end goal… getting them to sound good onstage. Some profiles are easier to dial than others for sure. And sometimes I have to re-do the profiles if I didn't get the mic blend perfect the first time. All that is to say that I'm very glad so many of you are happy with the treble on my profiles. I still tried to leave plenty of tweaking room for those that like brighter sounds, but I'm not a quiet player onstage and the treble becomes more pronounced as volume increases, so I may err on the side of warm over bright, but I still like to hear clarity. The benefit of that is that the single notes do still sound full and I'm glad someone else picked up on that.

Keep the feedback coming. It all helps! Thanks!

YES....the single note fullness....I actually meant to edit my post just before you posted this, because I wanted to mention something along those lines. Using the 3P crunch profile, I was so impressed with how every single note jumped out and sounded full, even on single note runs. It wasn't as if I just "blended" in, the guitar had the fullness you hear when you play by yourself not surrounded by a band getting eaten up by other frequencies etc: I had that space and every little nuance came through with huge punch and clarity. Often it seems when playing live you have to really listen to hear absolutely every note a player is playing: not with this profile in particular. Of course, there are tons variables (FOH, sound engineer, room, mix etc) however Our FOH engineer is extremely consistent and knows my tones and what I'm using, so those variables are somewhat minimized, and this profile in particular STILL stood out in a positive way). Still can't believe the fulness and space I had on my tone last night while still sitting absolutely perfect atleast to me in the mix.

• Another TAG user here (Hollow Cobra S w/ Solid Rosewood Neck) 2 hum buckers. Great guitar
    and Michael's profiles work great with the buckers as well. I haven't found one of the profiles yet that
    I felt had to be tweaked and if there was it was very minimal. At home I find myself plugging in and firing
    up a profile and actually playing and finding the hours going by really quickly without touching any of the
    knobs on the Kemper, just working the volume and tone on the guitar just like I used to when playing through my tube amps! I am trying to settle on which ones I will be using for my next gig. Lots of choices!

Michael I saw your post on some of the upcoming profiles and am waiting to hear about the Dumble. I own a Fuchs ODS(although it hasn't had a lot of playing lately thanks to Micheal lol!)and would love to hear what you can do with the real deal

• "For the first time I used the 3P crunch profile as my main crunch tone all night with a tele and my les paul and I was the happiest I've been on stage yet."

VESMedic - That particular profile is the basis for many of the song profiles I use. Every time I try to replace that profile with a newer one, I end up going back to it because it just fits in the mix. Glad you like it.

• Great , so many Anderson users here :D
    (I know both gibson and dane from Tom Anderson site , hello guys ! 8) )

Mike , just one thing -keep doing your profiles on the same way -do not try to make them nice for the bed room sound , you will lost your "marketing advantage " . 8o

I believe you just discover a new approach -profiles for playing LOUD through PA systems and via real amp and cab-cranked on 11 !

I still cannot take for the grant CK statement that specific guitar has nothing to do with profiling process , and that is all about amp frequencies ???
    Must be something with the fact that Mike done these profiles with his Tom Anderson , very wide in frequency ???
    But if it works, who cares ? !

Vesmedic I am glad you discovered the fullness of one single note in these profiles as well.

All of this doesn't mean other profiles are not good or so, I still have them like them and play them.
    But for LOUD playing, in a loud band situation without almost any tweaking , Mike profiles seems to rule.

I hope it will raise the bar , and other guys will do something in that direction as well !

Cheers,
    Zoran

• I still cannot take for the grant CK statement that specific guitar has nothing to do with profiling process , and that is all about amp frequencies ???
    Must be something with the fact that Mike done these profiles with his Tom Anderson , very wide in frequency ???
    But if it works, who cares ? !

Well, it surely has to to with the fact he's dialing in his amps with his guitars. ;)
    There is the logic.

• I am playing the profiles on my White Falcon and for the most part they sound great right away, most other profiles (and real amps) need quite a bit of bass dialed out when I try them with it because it is a fully hollow bodied guitar. His seem to sound great(almost across the board) Since he dialed them in with his Tom Anderson which has a wide frequency response that helps. Whatever it is, they sound great!

• Well, it surely has to to with the fact he's dialing in his amps with his guitars. ;)
    There is the logic.

Ingolf, you nailed it ! Thanks for the very clever tip which solves lots of dilemmas in here.

• I just have a quick question for you guys using my profiles live… Are most of you using the QSC K10's? Or another powered FRFR? Or a different way? I'm just trying to get a consensus on how your KPR's are being monitored onstage. I recently got a Mackie SRM550 (seemed a bit beefier at the time than the K10) and I am noticing a big tonal/eq difference at different volumes. Thanks!

• I've used them through reference monitors, high end headphones and a 2x12 closed back cab with vintage 30s.
    I can get most of the profiles to sound great with with any of those situations with a little tweaking.

Don't change a thing.
    :)

• I use Yamaha dxr12, but yesterday i was in a rehearsel room with only an old novation keyboard amplifier and your profiles sounded still good. I guess you have found the recipe for profiling a sweet sounding top end for live use. Agree with Paults, don't change the ingredients :)

• I just have a quick question for you guys using my profiles live… Are most of you using the QSC K10's? Or another powered FRFR? Or a different way? I'm just trying to get a consensus on how your KPR's are being monitored onstage. I recently got a Mackie SRM550 (seemed a bit beefier at the time than the K10) and I am noticing a big tonal/eq difference at different volumes. Thanks!

I was using DXR10, but with your profiles I've gone back to an amp and 2 x 12 V30 cab, they sound great and seem to have a little more punch with a dedicated
    guitar cab.

Ezergeezer

I have a powered Toaster Version so I am just using the Kemper's internal amp along with a passive Peavy floor wedge when I play live. The profiles sound great on that setup. I have also played them through studio monitors and headphones and they sound great either way. You may not be able to get a consensus like Paults says, so my vote would be don't change the way you tweak them, it seems to be working great!

Atomic CLR's. Your profiles sound great through them.

• Line6 L3T, Mackie SRM450, HK Elements, Marshall 4x12, RCF Arts here, plus Adam A7, Yamaha NS10m and Roland monitors, Audiotechnica, AKG, Sennheiser and Sony studio headphones.
    Your rigs everywhere are working fine, dynamic, realistic even with the differences!!!!
    Thanks mand keep the good work!!!!