M Britt Kemper Profiles

• I'm guessing there would be at least a couple of old Fenders in Nashville to borrow or rent ;)

I'll see if I can scare some up. I know I have access to a 62 Bandmaster and I've done some 58 Tweed Deluxe profiles. I'll have to see if I have any additional generous friends… ha. So glad you guys are liking the new profiles!

Mike

• Hi Gianfranco
    Well obviously that is true but the Dumble amp has a OD and a Boost switch. If the boost switch is engaged you get a completely different tone cause it shuts down the Tone stack. It also gives more distortion. So It's a question of how THIS profile was made. With the boost on or off.

Hi Steven,
    Yeah, sorry, what I meant is that they might have used the same profile but with different guitars and techniques the sound can change a lot :)

• Wern't you the one disparaging the profiles as Country and American?

• ahhh yes I second this! I personally feel the only thing really lacking that I would love to see is some dr z profiles of various variety. I feel IN MY OPINION there are very few if any quality Dr Z profiles available. I would love to see Michaels take on a straight Dr. Z pack, and maybe some even with their own cabinets. a Z wreck comes to mind, but that could be wishful thinking. I am perfectly content with what I have, and have really no use for anything else other than Micheal's 2 packs for what I do personally, but the Dr. Z sound/tone is quite heavily used in the style of music I play, and would buy a pack of all Dr.Z amps done by Michael in an instant. I have a feeling this could possibly ( I may be assuming too much here, just going by how connected Michael is in Nashville presumably, and how many musicians use Dr.Z there) also be easy for Michael to obtain a few. Any thoughts on this Michael?

• Was this slight or several led's? The reason I ask is that the gain control on the Kemper would be different than the amp unless they by happenstance follow the same gain structure. Since I am mostly interested in the Dumble/Dumble clones this is of interest to me. Thanks.

I'm not Mike but as I'm somewhat involved I'll chime in.
    I went both ways with the gain on the Dumble profile I used for my tunes/clips and lowered the gain a bit for my Carlton style tune and increased a bit for the Robben Ford tune. Not by much. I'll try to find out.

Cheers,

Mats N

• Michael.

Please try find a Dr Z Route 66 for your next pack.

Thanks

I second that!

Michael, just wanted to add my two cents here... your Pack 2 is awesome. I really dig most of the profiles. My favorites at the moment are of course the Dumble and also the Bogner. Really well focused mid range.

Thanks for this amazing work! :thumbup:

• Wern't you the one disparaging the profiles as Country and American?

No, I didn't disparage any profiles, I just don't like pack 1 that much whereas I really like pack 2. I also have nothing against country-music or the American people. I like many of the modern country guys like Keith Urban or Brad Paisley, I once met Bruce Bouton and Brent Mason in Nashville, outstanding musicians. I just don't like American politics and the very aggressive military and economic behaviour of the US, but that's a different story and shouldn't be discussed here.

We are talking here about profiles and not about music-styles, am I right? I just said that country-music never made in Europe, seems to be a typical American music-style. Maybe it's comparable with dance-music, very popular in Europe, but not that big in the States. Different countries, different cultures, different music, that's normal.

It's just funny to talk about "great American guitar tones" using profiles of Vox, Diezel and Bogner-amps.... ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

Edited once, last by guenterhaas ().

• No, I didn't disparage any profiles, I just don't like pack 1 that much whereas I really like pack 2. I also have nothing against country-music or the American people. I like many of the modern country guys like Keith Urban or Brad Paisley, I once met Bruce Bouton and Brent Mason in Nashville, outstanding musicians. I just don't like American politics and the very aggressive military and economic behaviour of the US, but that's a different story and shouldn't be discussed here.

We are talking here about profiles and not about music-styles, am I right? I just said that country-music never made in Europe, seems to be a typical American music-style. Maybe it's comparable with dance-music, very popular in Europe, but not that big in the States. Different countries, different cultures, different music, that's normal.

It's just funny to talk about "great American guitar tones" using profiles of Vox, Diezel and Bogner-amps.... ;)

....and what about Fender, Morgan, Little Walter, Custom Audio, Victoria or even Naylor???? :)

• Hi,

Mike and I have discussed what profile I used on "In No Time" that has been discussed here and elsewhere. We have found it to be the "Dumble N 3-2" which is included in Mike's Profile Pack 2.

My tweaks to the rig are as follows:
    Graphc EQ in Stomp D with 80HZ = -6,6dB and 160Hz = -3,6. The rst is flat.
    Gain = 6.1
    Amp Definition = 6.9, Power Sagging = 2.1, Compressor = 1.2, Clarity = 2.9, Tube Shape = 3.3. The rest is at 0.
    EQ: Bass = -3.2, Middle = +1,3, Treble = -0.8, Presence = -1.2
    Cabinet: Low Shift = -0.7, Character: -3.0. The rest at 0.

The key to getting this sound right (as I hear it), is to work with the guitar volume and play the dynamics with your pick.

Here's the tune for reference:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I hope you'll enjoy it!

Cheers,

Mats N