M Britt Kemper Profiles

I record with a variety of tones, too - it depends largely on the genre. I save the ones I've recorded with on the Kemper (with song-specific names), so I can easily find them and re-use them for similar music.

Solid idea!

• I had not found a perfect purpose for the 5 Dumbles until yesterday when i reamped my version of Samba Pa Ti with the Fuchs Dumble.
    Sounds good to me, Very very good actually. But this is only me. Can be heard here. I tried it for other tracks, which were not so good, but for this one, wow!

Happy Xmas, by the way!

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• Hi,

For some reason I can't not use Michael Britt's profiles.

Here's a track that feels weird to me. Probably because I was very angry when I wrote this tune. Therefore it's not in my usual style because I'm not normally an angry person. So this tune reflects that temporary mood I was in. The sounds are ugly and the lines are angular. The tune is fragmented and the playing disjointed. The groove is, however, as steady as time. Time that passes by not matter what hardship we go through. There are however snippets of sounds in there that I think are quite nice which reflect the support of family and friends.

Good thing is that when I can spend time writing and playing the KPA life seems a bit easier.

All profiles are by Mr Britt except for the clean funk rhythm sound which is no profiles at all. Just a compressor and an EQ in the KPA.
    Here's the track:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Cheers,

Mats N

• Mats, that sounds awesome! Which profiles did you end up using on there?

Ha. ha! More angry, indeed. I don't like angry. I'm a relaxed kind of person and like peace and understanding. But maybe I should let loose the primal powers within me once in a while.

Mike - for the intro riff, the power chords and the solo lead I used the CAA PT100 Ch3. The "melody" or theme was actually from Pack1 when I come to think of it. It was the 3P Black Clean 1 with a boost in Stomp B, Recti Shaper in Stomp C and a Green Screamer in Stomp D.
    The chorus stuff in the middle was also the 3P Black Clean 1 but with a compressor and 3 chorus stomps and an EQ.
    The semi OD was a Bassman. Most of the profiles were tweaked a bit except for the CAA which was just right.

Happy New Year to all!

Mats N

• I was very angry when I wrote this tune

Mats, that was you "very angry"? Sounds more like mildly annoyed to me! ;) . I hear more anger and angst in plenty of others' "regular" stuff, mine included :cursing: .

Very well done - keep up the great work! I'm rehabbing from carpal tunnel surgery, so new recordings will have to wait a bit. I live vicariously through others for the moment. :thumbup:

Play on!

Gary ô¿ô

• Mats, that was you "very angry"? Sounds more like mildly annoyed to me! ;) . I hear more anger and angst in plenty of others' "regular" stuff, mine included :cursing: .

Very well done - keep up the great work! I'm rehabbing from carpal tunnel surgery, so new recordings will have to wait a bit. I live vicariously through others for the moment. :thumbup:

Play on!

Hi Gary,

Yes, I was angry! But I guess I never learned how to play agressively.

Good luck with the rehab. In 2010 I had surgery done to my right hand (in 7 places) and had an 18 month rehab period. Very vexing! In February I'm going to get another operation done to the same hand and I'm not looking forward to it.

Cheers,

Mats N

• Which hand is that Mats? Hate that for you, but glad you're producing a ton now since your production will certainly be curtailed in February, as mine is now.

Gary ô¿ô

• Which hand is that Mats? Hate that for you, but glad you're producing a ton now since your production will certainly be curtailed in February, as mine is now.

Hi Gary,

Again, it's my right hand that's acting up. It's called Dupuytren's and it means I can't straighten out a finger and that I have painful knots in the palm of the hand. So they will put me under and cut it open. According to the doctor (same one as last time) I will be able to ply after a week if I use a pick. Hybrid picking like I'm used to (pick and fingers) will take about two months.

I will still be able to write music using my left hand and my controller keyboard.

Cheers,

Mats N

• Love it Mat. Great tune and great tones. I really like the sound and vibe of the clean middle section.

Going to have to rethink the Michael Britt profiles now that I've had a chance to hear them in a few tracks.

• Love it Mat. Great tune and great tones. I really like the sound and vibe of the clean middle section.

Going to have to rethink the Michael Britt profiles now that I've had a chance to hear them in a few tracks.

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for listening. Glad you enjoyed it!

Cheers,

Mats N