M Britt Kemper Profiles

• That's the "amp in another room" variant.
    Necessary condition for the above-mentioned variant is the phenomenon you've just described.

As we say in Italy, "the next room always sounds better".

:D

• I was just playing out my 2x12 then an FRFR monitor.

There's a huge difference in one sense, but both sound great for their own reasons.

My way at looking at it is:
    1) a larger sonic palette to create with
    2) higher functionality in the sonic tool kit for performance
    3) more ear candy to enjoy
    4) extra to argue and complain about for the "glass half empty" folks

Anyways, I'm getting bored with this topic. How's Rome looking today, viabcroce? Raleigh is sunny, warming up, and I'm going for a walk in the city!

• At the risk of bringing this back on topic ; ) I have a question. I love pack 1 and 2 but I'm not a huge fan of the Dumble profiles in pack 2. Will I still like the D-pack? Do you think there enough variation of tone to satisfy someone who doesn't love the Dumble profiles in pack 2?

• To clarify, I meant the topic of "amp in the room".

As to "MBritt is OMG", I can go on and on ad infinitum ;)

BTW, I made my first Performance of "Top 5 MBritt" today! Can't say it was "easy", but at least I have my GOTO performance set up!

• At the risk of bringing this back on topic ; ) I have a question. I love pack 1 and 2 but I'm not a huge fan of the Dumble profiles in pack 2. Will I still like the D-pack? Do you think there enough variation of tone to satisfy someone who doesn't love the Dumble profiles in pack 2?

Theyre a particular type of amp ....If you dont like them in Pack 2 then dont expect them to be all that different ....theyre great profiles though ....transparent and gritty and ballsy etc.....

• I believe the Dumble pack is the same Dumble in pack 2 but more of it. Lots of tonal variety. But also, there are other amps in that pack that are fantastic, so you might be pleased.

I have taken to calling it "Pack 3" considering it's tonal variety. Even the Dumble has a huge variety. But for you, it would be less bang-for-the-buck if you did NOT like the Dumble at all, even the clean.

I suggest you ask MBritt directly via PM to try a profile from another amp or two in that pack to see if they will be worth your investment. He's good that way. MBritt is the nicest guy to PM. He takes answering you seriously.

• Tried the dumble pack in the rehearsel room, again great sound, standing welk up against drum and bass ! I never played trough a dumble, but i like the sound very much, especially with a strat. No tweaking needed , just plug in. Michael, thanx for a great pack again , and thanx for all the effort you put in to them to sound so good live! I don't mean they don't sound good recorded, they do, but MBritts' are imo unbeatable for live use)

• barefly, thanks again for the great feedback. So glad they're working for you.

Maxy, Dumbles definitely aren't for everyone and they were even an acquired taste for me. I didn't like them at first and I keep finding new songs to add them to in our show. It might help to know what it was that you didn't like about the ones in Pack 2 and I can tell if there are differences from those based on what you didn't like. It may be that you're not a Dumble guy. I have a buddy who is a total Marshall guy and he has no use for Fenders. If you're not a Dumble guy, I'll have another pack available soon with some more amp options.

db9091, which amp profiles made the "top 5" performance list?

• Hi Michael,
    I'm absolutely loving your Dumble pack - it is a revelation to me.
    I'm a huge fan of Robben Ford and was always looking for means to 'get' his sound (never had a chance to play through a Dumble for obvious reasons) and now the D-pack 'opened' that door for me - thanks for that :D
    I love how these profiles clean up with the vol knob - amazing.

Looking forward to your next profile pack :)

Cheers,
    Wolf

• My Slot 4 performance set labeled "Top 5 MBritt":

/13 JRT915 84 5
    CAA PT100 Ch2 3
    Diezel VH4 Ch2 N3
    Dumble C CLN $+
    Morgan CM50 Brt 1

This isn't for a specific song or set of songs, more of my "goto" MBritt for writing songs. My "inspiration" set, haha.
    I just looked them up and they're all Pack 2 by coincidence. Also, the mood I was in wanted strong crunch although that Morgan is sweet clean. One of the best.

I think of Pack 2 as a Plug-n-Play sweet spot Pack and the Dumble pack is more of a Recorders "I want Amp X but I need some tonal variety in this mix for the 2nd guitar part" and you can choose the nuance more. Although I do have a few of each amp in my FAVORITES folder, they are all so good. But having them represented there also give the basic tone I'm starting with so that I can then look up the rest from ALL RIGS when choosing variety parts recording.

But like I said, it is NOT easy to pare down to just 5. And when I do, I sort of dig balls-to-the-walls profiles for my LP! That's where I'm coming from with this performance slot.

• I love how these profiles clean up with the vol knob - amazing.

Cheers,
    Wolf

I agree, and if you like that I can truly recommend connecting a control pedal to the KPA and use it as a volume pedal connected before the stomps. If you also use that you will have even more tonal options in real time. I love using this, especially with Michael's Dumble profiles.

Cheers,

Mats N

• Thank you everyone who responded to my question

Maxy, Dumbles definitely aren't for everyone and they were even an acquired taste for me. I didn't like them at first and I keep finding new songs to add them to in our show. It might help to know what it was that you didn't like about the ones in Pack 2 and I can tell if there are differences from those based on what you didn't like. It may be that you're not a Dumble guy. I have a buddy who is a total Marshall guy and he has no use for Fenders. If you're not a Dumble guy, I'll have another pack available soon with some more amp options.

Michael - thanks for taking the time to respond personally. I will play around with the D profiles from pack 2 again tonight and see if I can get a more specific idea of what I'm not jiving with.

• I played through the D profiles again from pack 2 and found I like them much more than I thought I did. In general they might just be too smooth for me though and I'm not sure I need a bunch more profiles with that essence. However, I am tempted to get them because I can hear and feel the quality of the profiles... If I get them I'll report back with my thoughts.