M Britt Kemper Profiles

• So the new pack is looking like it's going to contain: Bogner Duende, CAA OD100 Classic +, '67 Bassman, British Audio JTM45 Bluesbreaker, '70 Marshall JMP 20w (once belonged to Peter Frampton), Friedman BE100, JED Amp, Bray 4550, Oldfield 5E3 Tweed Deluxe, Blades Firebolt, JTM45 Offset RI, Vox AC15TB (UK), Mojave Peacemaker, Mesa Lonestar, Orange AD30, Soldano HR50 (unique PRS modded prototype), and a Scholz Rockman sustainer.

It's hard to keep finding unique clean sounds but the AC15, 5E3, JED, Lonestar, CAA, Friedman, and Rockman all have somewhat unique and usable clean tones. I was really missing having some classic rock JTM45 tones (Free, AC/DC, Bad Co. era tones), so I sought out some stuff that might cover that. The Offset RI, BA JTM45, Mojave, Orange, Soldano, and Bray all have great overdriven rhythm tones. For my country/rock stuff, the Lonestar, '67 Bassman, AC15, Duende, Tweed Deluxe, JED, and 20w Marshall are all phenomenal for the mild overdrive country/pop/rock thing. And I also went a little heavier than normal with the CAA, Friedman, Bray, Blades, Mojave, and Soldano. I threw in the Rockman because I just wanted to have those tones because they're so unique. I'm trying not to repeat myself and trying to keep finding new tones that might fill gaps. Hopefully this does some of that.

I think a unique CLEAN sound would be the JIM KELLEY REVERB AMP.

I want THAT Clean sound on my kemper... Please make me some....;-)

• Thanks for the update of profile 1 pack ... some nice clarity improvements on my favourite /13 & Trainwreck profile :) - great customer service indeed.

Looking forward already to profile pack 3 :)

Cheers,
    Wolf

• Shadowcast that makes two of us for the kelly haha
    i still havent checked your profiles lonestar so i am waiting for the 3rd pack to just grab them all!

i am very excited to hear the lonestar amp too. I recently got the head and at first felt dissapointed i couldnt make it sound right (kind of a metallic sound) until i tried it with my strat.
    since then only been using a profile of it!
    But why i couldnt make it sound good with my other guitars ill never know!

• Very cool indeed!!! I'm liking the updated profiles which sound now even more consistent. The MB packs have already become the backbone of my lead setup which I've composed after several rehearsals & live shows. I use these also as reference profiles for any new profile candidate in my live setup.

The amp listing for the upcoming pack sounds intriguing to say the least. Was just listening some nice Andy Timmons record with Mesa Lonestar all over it and Mr Warren Haynes with Soldano & Diaz - unique tones there indeed.

Will grab the next one the minute it's available. Not because wouldn't be set without, but just because of the nice variety of cool amps that keep on impressing and most importantly top quality profiling.

• Thanks Michael for v.2! I don't know if anyone else ran into this, but when I tried to upload the v.2 amps, my Kemper only downloaded 1 of them, as though it was the only "new" profile. Tried it a second time, and it said there was nothing new on the USB drive. Any suggestions?

• Thanks Michael for v.2! I don't know if anyone else ran into this, but when I tried to upload the v.2 amps, my Kemper only downloaded 1 of them, as though it was the only "new" profile. Tried it a second time, and it said there was nothing new on the USB drive. Any suggestions?

Did you try deleting the old profiles first? Maybe the Kemper thinks they are the same profiles if the names are the same?

Did you try deleting the old profiles first? Maybe the Kemper thinks they are the same profiles if the names are the same?

That will be my next move, however, the email said, "The edited files will contain the suffix "-" so you can tell them apart once they are loaded.", and I did not see this suffix. Did anyone else actually see this suffix?

• I used two of Michael's Profiles today to do an unusual recording test, not the way you're meant to record a digital device. :)

I used the Ambrosi poweramp into a Marshall 2x12 Cab and mic'd it with an SM57.

This isn't recorded direct, these are Profiles with Cab OFF and what you're hearing is recorded just like you'd record a regular tube amp, by micing the Cab.

Ignore the first section which is a Strat and the Franz Plaza 59 Bassman Profile...after that it's one of Michael's Dumbles and then one of the Marshall 70 SL100 Profiles.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Michael,

I just wanted to say, again, how much I appreciate your profiles. I have been really spending a ton of time with your Bletchley profiles (Belchfire and Bomber). I absolutely adore these tones! I have been using them for all of my Marshall type tones. I used the Belchfire last week at rehearsal and with just my Anderson T and Bulldog and the Atomic CLR I could cover everything from The Eagles to Boston with just the guitar volume knob and pickup change. What a great sounding amp! I am in the process of recording a Joe Satriani cover clip with the Bomber profile. Be on the lookout!

Very much looking forward to pack #3!

• nice . What's the amp on the last track?

• Many thanks for the Britt Pack 1 V2 update!
    It is a huge improvement for me.

Same here. I never liked to play my strat and tele with the kemper - always played with my les paul, but the improvements make my strat sounds awesome! before it was a bit dull.

and again - love your profiles. - best i have bought untill now. - keep on this good stuff.

inspirational thinking: what about an additional fx pack (fx only, no amp/cab rigs)

That will be my next move, however, the email said, "The edited files will contain the suffix "-" so you can tell them apart once they are loaded.", and I did not see this suffix. Did anyone else actually see this suffix?

Did you ever get the problem remedied? I re-checked the files I sent in the email and I see the suffixes and can't see problems on my end. Anyone else have any issues?

guitartone - sounds great! I need to get one of those Ambrosi amps.

Glad the v2 sounds are working. I am especially proud of the new Matchless.

• So the new pack is looking like it's going to contain: Bogner Duende, CAA OD100 Classic +, '67 Bassman, British Audio JTM45 Bluesbreaker, '70 Marshall JMP 20w (once belonged to Peter Frampton), Friedman BE100, JED Amp, Bray 4550, Oldfield 5E3 Tweed Deluxe, Blades Firebolt, JTM45 Offset RI, Vox AC15TB (UK), Mojave Peacemaker, Mesa Lonestar, Orange AD30, Soldano HR50 (unique PRS modded prototype), and a Scholz Rockman sustainer.

It's hard to keep finding unique clean sounds but the AC15, 5E3, JED, Lonestar, CAA, Friedman, and Rockman all have somewhat unique and usable clean tones. I was really missing having some classic rock JTM45 tones (Free, AC/DC, Bad Co. era tones), so I sought out some stuff that might cover that. The Offset RI, BA JTM45, Mojave, Orange, Soldano, and Bray all have great overdriven rhythm tones. For my country/rock stuff, the Lonestar, '67 Bassman, AC15, Duende, Tweed Deluxe, JED, and 20w Marshall are all phenomenal for the mild overdrive country/pop/rock thing. And I also went a little heavier than normal with the CAA, Friedman, Bray, Blades, Mojave, and Soldano. I threw in the Rockman because I just wanted to have those tones because they're so unique. I'm trying not to repeat myself and trying to keep finding new tones that might fill gaps. Hopefully this does some of that.

[Blocked Image: http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a201/gschilling/1977258_10203794005115762_3827332457662836752_n.jpg]

• I've been ummming and arrring whether to get pack one or two (as I can't afford both right now) and I think this solves my dilemma. :thumbup:

Bring on the number three!

I'm just trying to be as truthful to my experience and personal opinion that I'm clearly presenting only as a personal opinion no more no less in an honest and truthful discussion about equipment.