M Britt Kemper Profiles

• Thanks guys.

Sorry flabby was the only word that comes to mind. I was only describing how they sound with my guitar and setup. Was certainly not a reflection on the profiles, which i find the best out there.

Thank you JerEvil & Michael. I really appreciate the input. You are right on the crunch lab as I took a look at its EQ curve myself, and its exactly as your describe. Will try your suggestions and report back.

Take care.

All profiles of Michaels have the same characteristic, so I know its my setup thats is the problem and not Michael'' incredible profiles..

This is my only criticism, that, as I understand it, many profiles use the same cabinet, which gives each a similar sound. The "flabby" description is not what I would use, however, just a bit dark, but outstanding.

• I have all of Michael's packs and find use for the majority of the profiles in each pack whether it's live or in the studio.

Yes, some of the profiles can a bit dark and lower volumes but that's easily fixed. I believe they are meant to sound great and stage volume which is why they may seem a bit dark at lower volumes. Not the case AT ALL at band volumes in my experience.

Great profiles and I have nothing but good things to say about them and the value they offer.

• Again, slight adjustments to the "Character/Power Sag/Definition" parameters really can make quite a difference. Some profiles will sound right to you and through your setup "out of the box", some will need to be finessed. I am really liking Pack 3.

• Finally picked up pack 2. One word: Awesome! Tons of great tones, but the stand out for me (humbucker guitar, playing style etc..) was the 70 Marshall. Wow, that one kept me playing for awhile and put a huge smile on my face! Thanks again Michael for the fantastic profiles! :thumbup:

• Finally picked up pack 2. One word: Awesome! Tons of great tones, but the stand out for me (humbucker guitar, playing style etc..) was the 70 Marshall. Wow, that one kept me playing for awhile and put a huge smile on my face! Thanks again Michael for the fantastic profiles! :thumbup:

Pack 2 is really nice. I have been using a bunch of the profiles from both packs (especially the Princeton, it works great in my context live). Thanks again Michael!

• Hello Amigauser,
    like Vesmedic said, do not apologize it is clear u are here for help and are being honest about what you hear; there is nothing wrong with that.
    let me share an experience with you if i may.
    I love high gain sounds and have a jp myself along with other 7 string guitars. But i love "vintage" sounds too!
    I got a lonestar head not too long ago and tried it with the jp guitar, although mine is an older 7 mystic (no
    crunchlab) with if i remember correctly has a D-sonic.
    i was pretty disappointed, although i was patient because i thought surely i am not dialing the amp right. I kinda became patient by going through mesa amps haha
    this time however it wasn't the learning curve i got so used to. I picked up a strat and wow i fell in love with the amp. it is as if this amp was made to turn low output pickups into a thick creamy and warm tone whereas the jp sounded- for a lack of a better term-
    Extremely "metallic" no soul if u want.
    now does that mean that people can't get great sound with this combination? No. It is just my experience so keep that in mind. For example,although this was not what i was after specifically when getting the lonestar, petrucci used this combination for a while and he gets great tones! Just didn't work for me.
    I wish i had a les paul to compare as well; it seems more fair than comparing humbucks with single coils.
    in respect to the output level. I aslo took a profile andplayed with the input sense levels but the kemper still reacted like the amp and the sound was still there.
    maybe give the eq a chance like was previously mentioned or try to get your hands on a different guitar to try Michael's profiles even if for one hour and see if your experience is close to mine.
    goodluck!

• You are spot on Risp.

Tried them on my les paul custom and they are stunning with no tweaking needed. Phenomenal sound.

Hmm double thinking keeping the jp6 now.

Was checking out those Suhr Classic pro's earlier with HSS. Lovely guitars.

I will ponder on. I know now its the guitar and not the profiles.

• I watched a rig rundown with Petrucci in the studio with his amps and stuff. He had some bass rolled out of his amps (not sure if that is because he has a big 'v' on his graphic eq). Everything from cables and pickups to speakers can have a pretty big effect, so it's hard to make a total one-size-fits-all profile without tweaking. I hope you can get some good tones after some knob twisting.

I have been having fun doing profiles this past week and I can't wait to test some out on the road soon. I got a Roland Jazz Chorus, a '65 Champ, Polytone Mini-Brute III, '62 brownface Deluxe, Silvertone 1484, and an old Music Man 212. The Champ is like Joe Walsh in a box and the JC50 sounds like so many of my favorite guitar sounds in the 80's that it's just crazy. I also recently picked up a '67 Selmer Treble and Bass 50 as well as a '65 Vox AC50 to profile, hopefully next week. I'm getting a bit overloaded with options for the live show, but it sure is fun. I can easily see the Champ and JC50 making the cut. And if the Selmer profiles as good as it sounds here in my office, it should be great, too. I'm looking forward to hearing the AC50 this week when it arrives.

As for now, I'm just sitting at home waiting for a kidney stone to pass. I was at ER last night briefly while they tried to figure out why I was in so much pain. I don't recommend getting a kidney stone, but I'm glad I was in Nashville and not on the road somewhere.

• MIke

Thanks for the insight about your next profile pack. Sounds interesting. Good to hear that you are struggling to decide what to play in your live show since you have so many good profiles. I had my profiler down to less that 50 profiles at one time. Thanks to you, I am now over 200 and trying to figure out how to whittle them down.

Hope you can pass the stone quickly and with minimum pain. Best of Luck.

Still looking for a show close to your original roots so I can see you live.

• As for now, I'm just sitting at home waiting for a kidney stone to pass. I was at ER last night briefly while they tried to figure out why I was in so much pain. I don't recommend getting a kidney stone, but I'm glad I was in Nashville and not on the road somewhere.

Be sure to erradicate the stones, now a days its easy to do that , and in future control it periodically, which is easy as well . Its very dangerous if it passes to the pancreas. And if the pancreas has a stone , gets inflamated and causes a pancreatitis , which makes organism defences atacking other organs . I am sorry , i dont want to scare you , but information is good, and it happened to my sweet father . It happened too to another friend casually at same time . So nowdays when i listen about kidney stones... , dont be scared but dont take it lightelly .

Best wishes for that Health thing

sorry for being off topic

• I watched a rig rundown with Petrucci in the studio with his amps and stuff. He had some bass rolled out of his amps (not sure if that is because he has a big 'v' on his graphic eq). Everything from cables and pickups to speakers can have a pretty big effect, so it's hard to make a total one-size-fits-all profile without tweaking. I hope you can get some good tones after some knob twisting.

I have been having fun doing profiles this past week and I can't wait to test some out on the road soon. I got a Roland Jazz Chorus, a '65 Champ, Polytone Mini-Brute III, '62 brownface Deluxe, Silvertone 1484, and an old Music Man 212. The Champ is like Joe Walsh in a box and the JC50 sounds like so many of my favorite guitar sounds in the 80's that it's just crazy. I also recently picked up a '67 Selmer Treble and Bass 50 as well as a '65 Vox AC50 to profile, hopefully next week. I'm getting a bit overloaded with options for the live show, but it sure is fun. I can easily see the Champ and JC50 making the cut. And if the Selmer profiles as good as it sounds here in my office, it should be great, too. I'm looking forward to hearing the AC50 this week when it arrives.

As for now, I'm just sitting at home waiting for a kidney stone to pass. I was at ER last night briefly while they tried to figure out why I was in so much pain. I don't recommend getting a kidney stone, but I'm glad I was in Nashville and not on the road somewhere.

Looking forward to to hearing the champ. I've always liked those!

Pray you get better soon, brother! :)

Love the everything complete set I purchased, too!

I am a Profile Whore... Sometimes a Recovering Profile Whore...
    but mostly a Complete and Utter Profile Whore... I want them all... aCk!!! 8|:love:

Just noticed you were passing a kidney stone! I've had those, they are really bad. I can definitely sympathize! Praying for it to pass quickly.