M Britt Kemper Profiles

• I've just played for the first time the JTM 45 2 from Michael. Just amazing tone..!

I couldn't stop playing.

MBritt profiles makes me re-discover my Kemper and my guitars every day hehe :)

That JTM 45 is one of my fave amps!

My name is Chris & I'm a guitar-a-holic!

• [Blocked Image: http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c205/lonegtr/B2BACF16-1B4C-4564-84D5-CD18128CCFDB_zps62p7ctdq.jpg]
    We recorded basic tracks today for 4 more new songs at Oceanway Studios in Nashville. I got to use my Remote for the first time in the studio. I used it for a live show last Saturday and so far it's been great. I used the /13 JRT, 70 Marshall SL, 65 Champ, and AC15 I believe. I've been trying to whittle the rigs I use down because my KPA is getting so full. I made a folder in RM with about 20 rigs to choose from today and used a few of those for tracking. I got great compliments from the engineers as well as the other studio musicians. It was so incredibly nice not having to lug amps and cabinets into the studio.

• Killer pic Michael! I gotta say, I may have heard the 65 champ Michael profiled and everyone that loves that amp is in for a serious treat. Could be my favorite fender tone yet. Can't wait for the new pack to drop, and of course can't wait to hear the new record!

• It is the "Brit JTM45 2" you are talking about? Or did I miss out something?

Yep, the Brit JTM 45. It's a custom amp made for me by my friends at British Audio Service here in Nashville. We did a blind test with a real Marshall JTM 45 as there were making the amp and they were really identical. The profiles came out great of course. Michael is a profiling master!

• Michael's Dumble continue to inspire new tunes.

Here's a happy smooth jazzy pop tune called Stitches Removed.

Guitar for lead is a Collings I-35LC using the Dumble profile.
    The distorted rhythm guitar part is a James Tyler SE through the KPA but this time with the MB 70 Marshall SL 4.
    The clean rhythm is the same Tyler using the MB 3P MBC BF Cln.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Cheers,

Mats N

• I'm debuting the MBritt Little Walter 50 and Bogner Ecstasy profiles this Saturday night. I've never found a way to use my Telecaster with the band before having his profiles....they just work brilliantly. ( We play Al Green, Ceelo Green, Steely Dan, Hall & Oates, AC/DC, Bon Jovi, etc.)

I have noticed most profiles being a little bassy (which is easily remedied with some EQ adjustments).
    I attribute this to the fact that I know Michael is afforded the opportunity to play quite a bit louder on his stage than I am in my corner of the room with the band. (Sigh....we don't usually get a stage.....we're told to move a couple of tables and deal with it.)
    Doesn't the low end tend to fade away the louder one gets? Maybe this is why it sounds perfect at louder volumes, yet muddier at lower volume.

It's not a concern, really. As mentioned above, it's easily fixed for my setup. Bravo, Michael! :thumbup:

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• Very nice, Mats! :)

-- Arnold H. Glasow

-- Me

• I gigged last weekend with my KPA & Britt profiles. Very small sound system and only vocals in the PA. I used one of my Tech 21 Power Engines. I used a 3rd Power Blackface for clean and it cut thru perfectly. I added a little Green Screamer to push that for some solo stuff. The Brit JTM45 made for a very nice medium crunch. I used the Pure Booster to push single note line & some solos. The 67 Lowman was next in line "gain-wise" and I went all out for big rock solos with the Sold A PRS3. All in all...very happy with my tone. Got quite a few compliments on it. That doesn't always happen in Nashville. Lot's of tube amp purist's here.

• I gigged last weekend with my KPA & Britt profiles. Very small sound system and only vocals in the PA. I used one of my Tech 21 Power Engines. I used a 3rd Power Blackface for clean and it cut thru perfectly. I added a little Green Screamer to push that for some solo stuff. The Brit JTM45 made for a very nice medium crunch. I used the Pure Booster to push single note line & some solos. The 67 Lowman was next in line "gain-wise" and I went all out for big rock solos with the Sold A PRS3. All in all...very happy with my tone. Got quite a few compliments on it. That doesn't always happen in Nashville. Lot's of tube amp purist's here.

Sweet! I might have to pick up a Power Engine.

• I'm debuting the MBritt Little Walter 50 and Bogner Ecstasy profiles this Saturday night. I've never found a way to use my Telecaster with the band before having his profiles....they just work brilliantly. ( We play Al Green, Ceelo Green, Steely Dan, Hall & Oates, AC/DC, Bon Jovi, etc.)

I have noticed most profiles being a little bassy (which is easily remedied with some EQ adjustments).
    I attribute this to the fact that I know Michael is afforded the opportunity to play quite a bit louder on his stage than I am in my corner of the room with the band. (Sigh....we don't usually get a stage.....we're told to move a couple of tables and deal with it.)
    Doesn't the low end tend to fade away the louder one gets? Maybe this is why it sounds perfect at louder volumes, yet muddier at lower volume.

It's not a concern, really. As mentioned above, it's easily fixed for my setup. Bravo, Michael! :thumbup:

Let me know how it goes on Sat. night. And yes, the Power Engines are great little tools for a small rig. I use them to double-check rigs when I'm profiling and for playing around the house. I wouldn't have any qualms about using them for local gigs or smaller stages.

• I'm debuting the MBritt Little Walter 50 and Bogner Ecstasy profiles this Saturday night. I've never found a way to use my Telecaster with the band before having his profiles....they just work brilliantly.

Let me know how it goes on Sat. night.

Wow. Last night was the best tone I've ever had in the band with the Kemper. The Littler Walter 50 is going to be one of my top 5 profiles. It really does clean and overdrive tones well. A great profile for Americana and Tom Petty style guitar sounds. When cranked, it also does a REALLY KILLER AC/DC rhythm guitar tone (along with lead). I could gig all night with that one profile if I had to. With the Kemper I'm getting more into reducing the guitar volume for rhythm tones and wide open for leads. It's really good for that.

The Bogner Ecstasy worked great for the Bon Jovi (LOAP) It also helped that I was using Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounders in the Telecaster. They can do the traditional Tele tone but have the balls for more distorted tones as well. I had replaced a DiMarzio Area-T neck and SD Vintage '54 bridge because they were just too wimpy for modern tunes (YMMV). The Vintage bridge pickup was especially weak. I had this mindset that it's better if it's vintage sounding. Only if you're playing vintage music.

Anyway, I was going back and forth with my Mesa Mark V and the Kemper. The Mark V really needs space to shine and many gigs are small areas to set up. These MBritt profiles are just FABULOUS. :thumbup: I don't miss the Mark V.
    Thank you, Michael, for the work you have done in producing these profiles. They are worth every penny.
    (BTW, I bought years ago and love the first Lonestar album with the video for No News one of my favorites.)

-- Arnold H. Glasow

-- Me

• Man once again, I had a killer night at an outdoor festival with an amazing FOH. Huge stage, so i plugged my kemper monitor out into a sick 66 bassman with a greenback loaded 4x12. All I can say is, I've never had so many comments on my tone for the better obviously. ESPECIALLY on the Morgan CM 50 with klon profile. Guys I am telling you with a tele that is IT for modern country rock type tones . It just absolutely kills everything. Never had so many people blown away by my sound. also I can't remember if the delay I added is from
    the stock profile or not, but it was just absolutely incrsdible the tones I was getting and the atmosphere that particular delay added. Check it out . I am all smiles tonight!

• I use the Kemper with an external (tube) power amp and Orange PPC 212 guitar cab.

I´ve downloaded the new and free "merged" Profiles from Michaels site but I didn´t notice a difference or an improvement over the "non-merged" profiles from Pack 2..... and of course I switched the speaker sim off ! ;)

Has anybody tried it like the way I did (power amp plus guitar cab) ?

I thought the new "merged" technology would make the sound more "neutral" or sometimes more suitable when using the Kemper with a guitar cab (which coloures the sound massively by itself)....

Edited 3 times, last by Tom_Bola ().