M Britt Kemper Profiles

• I'm like Michael in a way with the direct and merged profiles. I don't think they sound as good as studio. You lose the magic of the technique of micing and studio knowledge. I haven't really heard a direct profile yet or merge for that matter that sounds like the amp to me. I've done my DSL, Rockerverb, Budda, etc...I still prefer the studio versions. They sound more alive IMO. The same goes for Michael's profiles that I've tried. I prefer his studio versions much more than the direct or merged.

• We also had a large event with a big stage and got to open up the Kempers and let our MB profiles breath!!
    I've had a ton of comments about the Kemper since adding it as my main rig, but the guys doing sound thought wow what did you change?? I told them I'm using the right profiles now!! They all said stay with whatever your doing, best sounding profiles they've heard live! Their comment: Well balanced, No ice picks, Fat juicy OD, Spanky clean nice slap and the Tele tones didn't kill em at all.
    The FOH said he was able to lay back and not ride the faders since all of my profiles came across even and tones were great.
    I'm so happy to have these tones and they absolutely get better and better as the volume increases.

Of course I'm using all MBP's, they are as follows
    A Princeton clean twang and a couple of /13's.
    A couple of Dumbles for breakup,
    Crunch is handled by the ODS F6 and the Fuchs ODS Ford.
    Overdrives are the 3P Plexi Klon and the 5150 a bit and the go to gainer is Diezel.
    Here's a couple of pics from Friday.

• Very cool! How are you monitoring on stage? FRFR, guitar cab, In Ear? I am always interested to know what gigging folks are doing. I do a lot of large corporate events/private functions here in Vegas and am currently running merged profiles of my Splawn for all sounds (clean/crunch/mid/high gain) but I know many are loving Michaels profiles live.

Also, how did you rack your Kemper???

• Their comment: Well balanced, No ice picks, Fat juicy OD, Spanky clean nice slap and the Tele tones didn't kill em at all.
    The FOH said he was able to lay back and not ride the faders since all of my profiles came across even and tones were great.

I think exactly this is the advantage of Michael using the same cab for all profiles.

• I think exactly this is the advantage of Michael using the same cab for all profiles.

I totally agree. Using the same mics & the same cab you get very consistent tone, profile to profile. Basically, if one of Micheal's profiles work for you, they pretty much all will.

My name is Chris & I'm a guitar-a-holic!

• That is indeed exactly why I started doing them the way I do them for my own purposes. I can't really judge what sounds good to others, so I just go with what sounds good to me and after I got that 3rd Power cab I just quit futzing around with other cabs on the road because it just sounded right to my ears. One of the cool things about the KPA is the ability to switch the cabs and even use IR's if you so desire. With the newer firmware that transition will be even better, I think, if someone does want to hear their favorite cab.

I use 2 DXR 10's sometimes I mat throw a (yes ingolf!!) a Fender Mustang lll. I had used my Egnater Tourmaster but it was just too heavy for that. The DXR's are plenty normally. I also just mounted my "toaster in the oven" look with a sliding shelf and some aluminum channel. I can take some pics if you like. My setup sounds amazing...of course all powered by MB Profiles

• Well I just bought an avatar loaded 2x12 with V30s for a number of reasons: DI profiles, familiar sound, might buy an amp head as well, and I like the response of 2x12s on big stages. We will see how it works. I was told last weekend I had the fattest sound anyone had heard yet. And even though I was running a bassman and 4x12 on stage for monitoring I had to remind everyone my sound was still direct FOH... Oh well,maybe the amp on stage did add alittle somethingz

• I, too, like hearing a tube amp pushing a guitar speaker onstage even though half of what I hear is through an ear monitor. The foh and monitors are still getting the KPA direct with studio profiles. Sometimes I keep turn off the cab sim but most of the time I turn it on just so there's not as much high end rolling around onstage as that's what people tend to complain about first.

• I'm using ISP Stealth into an Avatar with Classic G12H 75th ann and G12 Vintage 30 25th ann and it's stunningly nice.

(but I'm such an MBritt profile slut I can put them into an iPod earbud and bliss out, lol, so don't listen to me)