M Britt Kemper Profiles

• Sounds great ! Just missing the real names in the pdf, I like to know what amp I am playing on ;)

In a valiant effort to not draw unwanted attention from manufacturers' attorneys I opted for the safe route of not using trademarked names. If you have any questions about any of them, I can answer them here. I tried to be a little obvious when possible, humorous when possible, and just plain obvious at times. Bangor=Naylor, Mars=Marshall, Laverne=Shirley, Voice=Vox, Fuschia=Pink, Smart=Swart, Squidley=Quidley, Helos=Helios, Boggy=Bogner, Champion=Champ, Luxe=Deluxe, ProVerb=Pro Reverb, Lamborghini=Mazerati, Sure Sonic=Suhr Hedgehog, Fux=Fuchs, Super Twin Tone=Supro Dual Tone, Zee Script=Dr. Z Prescription, Dunc Convert=Seymour Duncan Convertible, Lab Rats=Lab Series L5, Selma=Selmer Treble-n-Bass 50 Mk3, Polly Tone=Polytone, Jazzy Chorus=Roland Jazz Chorus, Silvery Tone=Silvertone, JK FACS=Jim Kelley F.A.C.S. (foot activated channel switching), Musical Man=Music Man.

I'll be happy to answer any questions about any of the amps as well or additional title info.

• Thanks for the new packs! I find the alternative names to be very confusing when I choose, which pack I want to buy. For example, what is the Voice MayB supposed to be? Maybe you can use the real names of the amps and just say something like... "This profile has a tone inspired by a _____ amp." and the write in your PDF a footer that says, "All product names mentioned on this website are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with M Britt Profiles."

• Thanks for the new packs! I find the alternative names to be very confusing when I choose, which pack I want to buy. For example, what is the Voice MayB supposed to be? Maybe you can use the real names of the amps and just say something like... "This profile has a tone inspired by a _____ amp." and the write in your PDF a footer that says, "All product names mentioned on this website are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with M Britt Profiles."

Yeah, I had done that in the past, but have heard from others that even that wouldn't be enough to keep the legal wolves at bay. The Vox MayB is the little Vox Brian May model, the little white one. I apologize for the cryptic naming but just trying not to ire the manufacturers. I'll be happy to answer any questions about the names here.

• The Quidley profile is killer. It sounds great with any gtr I put in front of it. Cuts thru the band without sounding harsh or too bright. The Helios is a current fave solo profile. The 67 Deluxe is a much used clean tone for me also. Great job once again Mike!

My name is Chris & I'm a guitar-a-holic!

• Hi Michael,

I own 3 of your packs and i gathered the tag informations into 3 excel sheets.
    If you think it can be useful for you or other people, let me know :

here is an example (only kept 2 lines) : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.…s/extractpack1v2_tags.xls
    (Excel or OpenOffice is required to read these sheets)

Regards,

PS : Even if i have more than enough with the contents of packs 1 to 3, i don't know if i will be able to resist to buy the new ones.
    Excellent work !!!

Laurent

• Hey Michael,

Just spent an hour on your Modern Pack. Loving the tones! For the Supro Dual Tone, did you happen to profile any with the linked channels (both channels in parallel)? There weren't any profiles of the Supro being cranked up all the way. Would love to have one with higher gain.

• Line 6 have been naming the amp models for decades, they've never had any legal problems, they still do it today.

Press the "See all HD Amps" icon.

http://line6.com/podhd/hdampsandeffects/

I am not certain, but I assume it may have something to do with Line 6 being a large enough Enterprise, with a corporate legal team, such they cannot be bullied by threats of legal action based upon frivolous Trademark infringement issues. Just receiving a "cease and desist" letter is enough of a pain-in-the-ass / potential expense, that it is not worth the hassle for the "small" businessman.

• I have both of the new packs. Like I said over on TGP, I own a Helios, and Michael's profile is spot on to the real thing. The Dirty Shirley is fantastic. The 72 Marshall is really good too. You can tell I am a "Marshall guy" huh. The Supro is fantastic with my tele and the proverb is great with any guitar I put in front of it. Love the AC50 too.

• Yeah, I apologize for the naming, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. I don't want to piss anyone off. The manufacturers are the ones making the cool amps we get to use in our KPA, so I gotta respect their business too. It shouldn't be too hard to rename them in Rig Manager.

Glad everyone is liking the profiles so far!

• I am not certain, but I assume it may have something to do with Line 6 being a large enough Enterprise, with a corporate legal team, such they cannot be bullied by threats of legal action based upon frivolous Trademark infringement issues. Just receiving a "cease and desist" letter is enough of a pain-in-the-ass / potential expense, that it is not worth the hassle for the "small" businessman.

True

And, I understand Michael's thinking as well, he's correct.

• Michael, Ive been a long time customer who really loves your profiles. Unfortunately since your new stuff requires 3.0 I wont be purchasing anymore. To bad there isnt an alternative for those of use that dont wish to upgrade (although I do understand how this could complicate yout life). However I do wish you continued success with your wonderful stuff!