M Britt Kemper Profiles

• I got Pack 1 about 2 weeks ago and I immediately replaced other profiles for my live tones. Using the 3P Klon & Matchbox so far. Trying to decide between Pack 2 & 3 or Modern atm, I play a large variety of covers but I lean towards making them always a little heavier than the originals. Michael please get your hands on a Friedman Steve Stevens and profile soon! :)

I know this is an M Britt thread and I have all Mike's packs and really dig them all but I also have some from others I like equally well and as it happens I just picked up the Friedman SS profiles from TAF and really like them for covering that sort of tone. I can highly recommend them so check em out I believe he has clips of it on his site.

• Do you like it equally when recording and actually amplified?

I've found (and I'm sorry if this has been mentioned in the previous 59 pages :) and this is of course completely FWIW/YMMV) that with my setup mbritt's profiles work much better amplified and loud and Andy/Jimi much better recorded...

I'm just trying to be as truthful to my experience and personal opinion that I'm clearly presenting only as a personal opinion no more no less in an honest and truthful discussion about equipment.

I've found (and I'm sorry if this has been mentioned in the previous 59 pages :) and this is of course completely FWIW/YMMV) that with my setup mbritt's profiles work much better amplified and loud and Andy/Jimi much better recorded...

I think in general this is a fair assessment of the raw (the way you get 'em) profiles - Mikes tend to be more live (loud / large venue) ready and Andy's and Michael Wagners (to name another) tend to lend themselves to fitting in recorded studio type work better. But having said that I think either can be tweaked to fit the other role very nicely as well.

I don't record, purely live player. This would make sense as I find for live use I'm either using Mikes or tweaking others to to get the volume & EQ's to get close to Mr. Britts. I have the TAF ones, and I'm not giving up on them,I just need to find the time to tweak, but I have found some great profiles & just trying to enjoy playing for awhile as I have been auditioning profiles/and or tweaking for weeks now.
    I am going to get the BE & 1987x from Taf soon, as I hear good things about them & I tend to like the mic's used on those rather than the SS profiles. First I gotta get my hands on Pack 2!!
    In fairness to all commercial profilers, it's horses for courses & people are finding different experiences with all of them, which I think is great

• Just wanted to let everyone know that I've added some free trial rigs on my site for those who want to try them before they spend the money. There are 2-3 rigs from each pack in a Sample Pack. You can get to the link by joining the mailing list or if you are already on the mailing list you can go directly to: M Britt Profiles Sample Pack

This should let interested parties know if my profiles are their cup o' tea before they spend their hard-earned $. I'm having a little trouble testing the mailing list links currently as mail chimp is not cooperating tonight. Please just let me know if anyone is having difficulty with that and I'll continue to work on that end. The direct link should work either way. Keep in mind that the newer profiles were done using 3.0 firmware.

• Just wanted to let everyone know that I've added some free trial rigs on my site for those who want to try them before they spend the money. There are 2-3 rigs from each pack in a Sample Pack. You can get to the link by joining the mailing list or if you are already on the mailing list you can go directly to: M Britt Profiles Sample Pack

This should let interested parties know if my profiles are their cup o' tea before they spend their hard-earned $. I'm having a little trouble testing the mailing list links currently as mail chimp is not cooperating tonight. Please just let me know if anyone is having difficulty with that and I'll continue to work on that end. The direct link should work either way. Keep in mind that the newer profiles were done using 3.0 firmware.

Thanks for doing that, Mike!

• I exhibited at a Guitar Expo over the weekend.

You think you have time to decide what Profiles you should use when different guitarists sit down and start playing a Tokai into the Kemper.
    You don't, things get hectic very quickly when a dozen or two people are buzzing around you and you've literally got 20 seconds to impress them or they'll be walking away to check out the stand next to you.

I setup my Kemper through a Alto poweramp into two 2X12 Marshall cabs and Mains Out into an Alto 112 Powered Speaker...I mixed the sound about 50/50 between the Marshalls and the Alto.

Before the doors opened I decided to set my KPA to "Current Author" M.Britt hoping that would do the trick and lessen the stress on me finding Profiles that sounded great in the demo situation I was in.
    Also keep in mind, over the last few months I haven't exactly spent dozens of hours going through all of Michael's Profiles, I can't say I know them all very well.

Well, for two days all I used was 3 or 4 Profiles, the first M.Britt Profile on my KPA is the /13 so that's where I landed up first.
    I had some of the countries best Jazz guitarists playing a 335 and Tele using the /13, I didn't tweak a thing, it sounded glorious, they were completely stunned at the tone.
    Then I happened to land on the 5E3 Deluxe Profile, same thing, awesome.
    Then another legend sat down, Alistair Coakley, started playing some bluesy Jazz and after a while said give me some serious hard rock tone I feel like some 80s.
    Once again, turned the browse knob and landed on the Naylor SD100...I haven't even heard of a Naylor amp. :)
    The guy said more distortion, I didn't even bother looking for another Profile, I just turned ON the Compressor and Distortion stomp Michael has on that Profile...beautiful singing lead tones, no nasal 'honk', everything just perfect.
    It got better the louder I turned up the volume, I got two warnings from the show organiser, but he's my buddy so he understood. :)
    Although, the hand made acoustic guitar exhibitors a few yards away from me were not too happy.

There were a bunch of boutique hand wired tube amp builders exhibiting on the show including my bud Bill Lange (Mutt Lange's brother).
    There was tube amp noise and tones coming from every direction, believe me when I tell you the Kemper tones were better than anything I heard the entire weekend.

My buddy Grant Fouche, Fouche Custom guitars and I decided to setup outside on the balcony next to the pub...hard to create atmosphere in the daylight sun, but allowed us to play louder than the exhibitors inside the venue. :thumbup:

The venue, the Wanderers Club main building...if you were in LA this would be Beverly Hills. :)

[Blocked Image: http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg494/Tokai_Guitars/Wanderers_zpsdh22mxz6.png]

[Blocked Image: http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg494/Tokai_Guitars/Expo%202_zpsdfhjvr3w.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg494/Tokai_Guitars/Alistair%20Expo%201_zpsrwspzwgz.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg494/Tokai_Guitars/Prime%202_zpsh5x4fwg0.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg494/Tokai_Guitars/Prime%201_zpsnn3dwk3g.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg494/Tokai_Guitars/Sez%20Adamson%20Expo_zpsjrbm7gid.jpg]

• Thanks for the writeup! Sounds like great time was had by all (except the acoustic guys but I'm sure even they appreciated a bit of beautiful noise deep down :thumbup: ).

I'm just trying to be as truthful to my experience and personal opinion that I'm clearly presenting only as a personal opinion no more no less in an honest and truthful discussion about equipment.

Thanks !

• So I finally got around to trying out the Vintage pack I bought (I had 1 1/2 hours while the kids played Splatoon, haha!).
    i worked backwards from Voice and only reached the first Polytone profile before I had to quit. I couldn't stop playing! If the rest of the packs are this standard, then I don't know why I resisted so long! I love TAF, got a few Pete's Profiles favourites, and now I can add MBritt to the list of fave commercial profiles. Thanks!

• Had a proper play through the Vintage pack last night, this time with my 2008 PRS Starla. Every profile works. I haven't had that happen with the Starla before. Three hours of great fun. I think I spent most time on the Musical Man 2 profile with the coil tap. Just a great clean with a lot of response. The compressor stomp in that profile is also grand. I can imagine these being outstanding live.
    After a recommendation from another user, I'll be getting Pack 2 next (and possibly the D Pack, if I like the Dumble profiles of Pack 2), but first I'm going to play the heck out of these.

• Thanks so much for the sample pack, Michael! Each profile sounds and feels so slick, absolutely massaged and produced to perfection. It's like a spa for your guitar playing, lol. I feel like I've stepped into another world where every note I play has already been mixed by Hugh Padgham. No sharp edges or imperfections, nothing piercing, dull, thin or boomy. Everything sounds meaty, sweet and strong. Very different from playing the rawer amp profiles out there. I will always make room for both in my KPA, but these profiles deliver an incredible experience. Well done!