M Britt Kemper Profiles

• Had my final band practice last night before a string of four shows coming up. I have my Performance Mode set with a great mix to fit
    everything I need:

3rd Power for clean with some chorus and delay (from Pack 1)
    Princeton for slight breakup with my tele style guitar (Lil King from Pack 2)
    JTM45 for classic rock style tunes (from Pack 3 with the Sick as Overdrive baked in)
    Two Dirty Shirley profiles for the more rocking stuff (Pack 4 Modern)

I have to say those Dirty Shirley profiles are just awesome! I don't want to mess with anything right now but I have also been loving the 72 Marshall profiles in the Vintage Pack 4.

I use a lots of different profiles while playing at home (TAF, Pete's, SinMix, Top Jimi, Sweet Spot, etc) but Michael's profiles just do it for me live. Thanks again for your hard work!

• Michael´s profiles are really fine and professional. I even play them at home, where it is safe and free of critique... ^^

But seriously, Michael has just that kinda edge on many others... I´ve got 3 of his packs and I have never found the need to tweek the EQ - or anything else for that matter :rolleyes:=O ...

Keep on rockin´ Michael!

S-J

• Kemper put out a cool new video on Benny Young that I just found this morning... Cool sounds and I even get a mention. Thanks!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Benny Young is currently touring in stadiums (50.000 People and more) with Germany's most successful artist (Helene Fischer), he's playing 2 Kempers (I guess one for spare) and he exclusively uses the MBritt profile pack 3 and one of his own profiles, the rest he deleted.
    That's quite a compliment.... ;)

• Benny Young is currently touring in stadiums (50.000 People and more) with Germany's most successful artist (Helene Fischer), he's playing 2 Kempers (I guess one for spare) and he exclusively uses the MBritt profile pack 3 and one of his own profiles, the rest he deleted.
    That's quite a compliment.... ;)

Wow!

• There are a lot of live videos of the current Helene Fischer tour on youtube. Unfortunately there is not much of the guitars coming through. Would have been interesting to hear the kemper in action with Michels profiles in a big venue like this. Maybe someone else had more luck than me ?!

• Are threre any high gain profiles for metal in any of the packages? Mainly searching for live use. Thanks!

Yes, there are some great profiles that are higher gain sprinkled throughout Mikes pack's 2,3, and the modern one. I have all of Mike's packs and find really nice usable high gain tones from several of the profiles mixed throughout packs 2,3 and the mod pack.

These may not get into the most serious heavy metal tones like sinmix specializes in but there are some profiles of the CAA PT100, a few different Bogner's, a Diezel VH4, A Friedman or two, and several others that I think might get you in the territory of metal depending on the type you're specifically after. I think Pack 2, Pack 3, and the mod pack each have a different selection of some of these.

• Are threre any high gain profiles for metal in any of the packages? Mainly searching for live use. Thanks!

There are some high gain amps, but I'm really not familiar enough with metal guitar tones to create really authentic ones, sadly. I would love to sit down with a real metal guy and listen to his rig and do some profiling like that but it just hasn't happened yet. There are some profiles in some of the packs that might be tweaked for such a purpose but I will readily admit that those tones aren't my forte. My gain needs top out at a plexi hit with a little gain pedal in front.

• There are a lot of live videos of the current Helene Fischer tour on youtube. Unfortunately there is not much of the guitars coming through. Would have been interesting to hear the kemper in action with Michels profiles in a big venue like this. Maybe someone else had more luck than me ?!

I've seen a Helene Fischer-concert recently, her tour-manager is a good friend of mine. Benny Young's sounds were great, very direct and not as "washy" as the sounds of the other guitar-player using the traditional stuff (miked tube-amps and pedals). You could hear Benny's guitars much better, whereas the other guitar-player "disappeared" quite often (now wonder, if you play with a big ensemble, 2 keyboards, 2 guitars, drums, percussion, bass, horns, singers ect.).

Yesterday I've seen Roxette live here in Hamburg (Germany), what a great band and what a huge and excellent guitar-sound. What I didn't know yesterday: 2014 lead-guitarist Christoffer Lundquist and the bass-player switched from real amps to KPAs, here's my thread about it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• I was thinking buying one of the M.Britt's packs recently since I am hearing very good reviews from everywhere. So, I read the first 20ish pages of this thread and purchased Pack 1 (v2) yesterday.

This morning I gave a quick look on the profiles. I was nearly late for the soundcheck, couldn't put my guitar in it's case:) Anyway, at night I used couple of the profiles at gig. They sounded really so good on stage with my '89 Clapton Strat..

I can say that, this pack is nearly %100 usable even without tweaking. They're all production ready.

Thank you Michael. I will buy your other packs when I needed.

We're so lucky to have you guys Michael, Andy and of course the others.

Cheers!

Sound Engineer, Musician, Animal Rights Activist.

Fender '89 Clapton Strat, EMG DG20, KPA, Martin, SSL, Neve, Manley, Tube-Tech, Millennia, API, Lynx, RME, Avid, Apple, Adam...

Edited once, last by Noyan ().

• Which pack has the Friedmans? Brown Eye? I've got packs 2 and the "d". Love em. The Diezel VH4 profiles sound great and a bit of gain can be added to em. I am most into the Marshalls though.

Pack 3 has one called - are you ready - Friedman Ahole! It sounds awesome, one of my personal favorites within this pack.