M Britt Kemper Profiles

• WHERE is the "confidence boost" setting? I don't seem to have it. Oh, I may have deleted that, I think that was just a Pure boost preset named so correct?

I guess you would call it a preset. It's one of the stopboxes. I like it because it reminds me of the way I run my klon boosts. Mostly a clean boost that adds a little gain as well.

• I am so glad that I bought '69 Marshall Pack and Tweedy Pack.

I spent hours playing with the 69 Marshall 50 V1 Cln profile. Now I need to rest my back :thumbup:

Thank you Michael for your amazing work.

Sound Engineer, Musician, Animal Rights Activist.

Fender '89 Clapton Strat, EMG DG20, KPA, Martin, SSL, Neve, Manley, Tube-Tech, Millennia, API, Lynx, RME, Avid, Apple, Adam...

• Did Michael end up revising pack 1? I'm on the fence between getting the very first one I'm getting a modern pack. I remember reading somewhere that he had updated the original profiles from pack one, correct?

• Did Michael end up revising pack 1? I'm on the fence between getting the very first one I'm getting a modern pack. I remember reading somewhere that he had updated the original profiles from pack one, correct?

Yes, pack one has been tweaked and re-released as version 2.

• Yes, that is correct. The one available now is the slightly re-tweaked Pack 1, version 2. It also has a few different Matchless C30 profiles than the original version 1 pack. Many of the profile changes are not very noticeable. A few are more noticeable. I think, overall, the version 2 is more in line with Pack 2 and 3 tonally, although it is still the warmest of the packs. It's very Spinal Tap… big bottoms.

• Is it safe to say that pack one has a focus on clean tones? Are people generally happy with pack one? I avoided this pack but now sort of crave the clean tones people talk about and it seems like there are a lot of clean tones in this pack (as opposed to the modern pack with a completely different focus. Thoughts from owners of pack 1 appreciated! Eventually, I will get both!

KUDOS ALWAYS FOR SPINAL TAP REFERENCES!

"S*h*t Sandwich....they can't write that!"

Edited once, last by oozish ().

• I love pack 1! I could probably use it exclusively... but I have pretty much all the packs (minus a few of the minis) and I feel that way about pack 2 and 3 as well. I haven't spent as much time with the vintage and modern. I often bounce around between 1, 2, 3 and now the tweed mini. I also love the new mini Marshal specially the use of different speakers as they give me better textures for recording doubles. I hope Michael keeps doing packs with more speaker options - I understand it may not be everyones cup of tea but for recording it really helps me... to the point I would probably skip anything that doesn't use some other speaker options.

• +1 on more speaker options being the preferred route (as per the mini pack Marshall).

I really value the different characters that the various cabs offer and much prefer the diversity that comes with using the matching cabs with each head/combo.

• Yes, pack one has been tweaked and re-released as version 2.

I have Pack 1 (first release). How can I get the Version 2?

Sound Engineer, Musician, Animal Rights Activist.

Fender '89 Clapton Strat, EMG DG20, KPA, Martin, SSL, Neve, Manley, Tube-Tech, Millennia, API, Lynx, RME, Avid, Apple, Adam...

• After much deliberation I purchased the modern pack. I know I won't be disappointed with these but haven't had a chance to go through them yet. Looking forward to some new great amps profiled by the master!

• I purchased the Marshall mini pack yesterday. My second MBritt pack. Bought Guido's 2 Marshall packs, too. It'll be interesting to see (hear?) which suits me best. Forgot that the match was on last night, so tonight will be my big 'make clips for the Kemper forum' night, haha! ;)

• I purchased the Marshall mini pack yesterday. My second MBritt pack. Bought Guido's 2 Marshall packs, too. It'll be interesting to see (hear?) which suits me best. Forgot that the match was on last night, so tonight will be my big 'make clips for the Kemper forum' night, haha! ;)

Yes, please chime in your thoughts on this. I'm sure they are all good!

• So I've just sat for the last 4 1/2 hours noodling aimlessly and switching between profiles on the GG Charvel. This guitar is great fun to play, but is a real Frankenstein, not necessarily in a good way. The difference between the humbuckers and the inbetween positions and the middle 'Tele' position is enormous. It really is difficult to find a clean profile that works on all pickups and positions. It likes MBritt's pack more than Guido's, but I'll wager a bet and say it'll be the other way around with the Luke. To be continued...

• I would say It's all about personal taste here. I personally like Michael's profiles a lot too and I know he likes mine. :D
    THX again guys! ;)

Definitely! It all depends on context, too. For example, I'm after Marshall profiles for a specific gig, where the tones are more vintage rock in nature. With the Charvel, MBritt's profiles just seem to have a bit more of that low mid warmth, but that's more down to the brightness of the pickups (to be honest, I think it isn't actually suited to the Marshall sound. Seems more Fender-y to me). For a slightly more modern flavour, your profiles will eat the MBritt ones for breakfast! And I haven't even broken out the Luke, which your profiles were dialled in for! That guitar has a very unique timbre.