M Britt Kemper Profiles

• Man, do I love these profiles! Not only are they brilliant for live use, but they record perfectly.

Here are the Pink Taco and Friedman Brown Eye profiles. The only effect I used is the phone filter on the intro/breakdown rhythm tracks.

http://www.dropbox.com/s/95z7p…ho/knowyourenemy.mp3?dl=0

Very cool!

• Thank you, Michael Britt, for taking time out of your busy schedule to invite me onstage to see your rig after soundcheck today! Lonestar is playing at the Jacksonville Fair tonight and I'll be back in a few hours to see the show.

He let me handle several of his Tom Anderson guitars (*nice axes*) including the one I especially drool over....the 3 P90 pickup red, Tele style guitar. :thumbup:

This is the first time I've heard someone else play a Kemper while I had a chance to hear it in a band mix live. (not counting Shania Twain's guitarists in a big arena which was an audio mess due to the acoustics). The tone was ballsy and just as incredible as you hear in Michael's demo clips. Now, I'm really interested in hearing his profiles through a normal guitar cab (with cab off).

The band sounded excellent....playing, vocals...it's all there. Great musicians. I'm looking forward to tonight.

[Blocked Image: http://i110.photobucket.com/al…/IMG_2485_zpsskabuvcj.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://i110.photobucket.com/al…/IMG_2489_zpsr9rqga4i.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n94/1hch1/small_zpslts4eizt.jpg]

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• Hmmm might have to pick those up. Here's a jam of some old riffs using the first Marshall profile from the Vintage Pack

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Sounds awesome as always.

God I love Tylers. I want another.

Hey Sam, can I ask what profile were you using for these riffs? And... that Tyler sounds Amazing from what I can hear, congrats!

• Hey Sam, can I ask what profile were you using for these riffs? And... that Tyler sounds Amazing from what I can hear, congrats!

Hey Luca

Thanks! It really does sound amazing, this Tyler. I can't do it justice, it deserves a MUCH better guitar player than me! The profile is 72 Mars 50 1. It's from the Vintage Pack :)

• Hi Michael, I have a few of your profiles and I really love them, great stuff. I am looking specifically for a couple more amps and wondering if you have any plans to profile them?

Tone King Falcon Grande (20watt) - this has 3 different output stages and would be an interesting amp to have profiles of from each of the output stages.
    Fender '57 tweed bandmaster (3x10 combo) - this is just a classic amp that I would love to have a few really good profiles of with different microphones.

Best regards,
    Chris.

• I haven't stumbled upon those amps yet. I'm always on the lookout locally to find amps that I haven't done. I'll put the Tone Kings on my radar but I don't see many of them in use around Nashville. The tweed bandmaster would be great, but again, pretty rare. I'll see what I can do.

thanks!
    Mike

• I have been meaning to do some clips of some of your newer mini packs. My RigManager was acting up but got it sorted so clips are imminent.

• wow...just got the profile pack 3 mainly for the rockman (our band is doing some boston) and there are so many usable sounds. i may just use this pack for all songs next gig. great stuff mr britt.

• This is sort of a combination of lauding the Pack 2 /13 profiles as well as the Kemper itself...

Last night I auditioned for what I thought was the rhythm guitarist (with 'some' lead opportunities) for a local cover band as I find I am needing some sort of side gig that will give me more of a creative outlet that my main gig can't/won't provide. Showed up and the drummer met me at my car saying I didn't need my amp (he was looking at the Tech 21 Power Engine I use as my monitor) as they used a Power Hub. (neat) So I didn't say anything just brought my Kemper in, set everything up, plugged in my Kemper and headphones and chose a performance with the /13 profiles.

So there I am ready to play wondering where the other guitarist is and they tell me its just going to be me - surprise! OK, no problem although I didn't prepare for it but whatever - I've been focusing on being a sideman for the past several years but I can play some lead, so lets see what happens.

After a few warm up songs, we go for Blind Faith's "Can't Find My Way Home" and after the chick lead singer blew me away with her vocal rendition, she nodded to me for a lead... well, lets just say that the 'fabled' mind-guitar-amp total connection clicked in. I can't say the solo was technically proficient or even *great* but what I will say is that the tone and responsiveness of the profile was opening the doors for me to follow - and I did. I know there are enough gun slingers here not to brag so I will just say they were impressed... and so was I! I can't tell you how long I chased a situation where I wasn't trying to coax or force an amp to where I knew I wanted to be - and now the Kemper with the right profile(s) makes it almost effortless. If only I had this rig 30 years ago... 8o

Not sure if I got the spot yet but reasonably certain I am going to be in the final running. I will say that after the audition they were expressing being really impressed by the tones I was getting out of just three /13 profiles. (not sure which ones or if they were tweaked, will have to follow up on that later)

Thanks Michael, thanks Kemper! You made my night...

• ...the tone and responsiveness of the profile was opening the doors for me to follow - and I did.

Absolutely! Great tone inspires.

I had just received my ADA MP-1 in the late 80s and took it to a rehearsal. I was playing a LOT better than normal and the drummer asked if I had been practicing a lot.
    I just said I received the MP-1 and it was killer sounding. :)

I hope you get the gig!

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me