M Britt Kemper Profiles

• Thanks, me too! If nothing else, it will give me a chance to delve into a lot of the other profiles that I have and don't use - the dumble pack has a ton of good tone profiles in it and I am itching to find a project to use them with, let alone all of the vintage pack too! I'm practically salivating at the thought! LOL!

• Hey Michael,

Any chance you will put out some bass amp profiles? Ampeg, Aguilar, etc. Also, would love to see some more of the new Supro amps with its original speaker and a mini pack of some boutique Vox style amps (Bad Cat, Matchless, Jackson). Thanks!

• I'm looking at the packs now. What pack contains the amps you use? or are they strung throughout the packs. I'm trying to decide which pack to start out with.

I'm planning on buying a guitar a year. My Christmas gift. I figure I give my employees one so I might as well get one too :) I bought a new Gibson J-45 this year. Next year it's a TAG!

• Thanks for the positive feedback again! I do have a couple of the new supros already, possibly one with the combo mic'd... Strange amp to me. I will look into doing a bass amp as well very soon, and I'll look into something for acoustic as well.

As as far as the profiles I use, most of them are in Pack 1. The 72 Marshalls from the Vintage Pack are there too, but the majority are still Pack 1. I am always trying out different ones from all the packs though. I've done so many profiles by now that I had to go back and simplify things in my live show for the sake of sanity. Ha

• Thanks for the positive feedback again! I do have a couple of the new supros already, possibly one with the combo mic'd... Strange amp to me. I will look into doing a bass amp as well very soon, and I'll look into something for acoustic as well.

As as far as the profiles I use, most of them are in Pack 1. The 72 Marshalls from the Vintage Pack are there too, but the majority are still Pack 1. I am always trying out different ones from all the packs though. I've done so many profiles by now that I had to go back and simplify things in my live show for the sake of sanity. Ha

+1 for acoustic rigs!

• I'm looking at the packs now. What pack contains the amps you use? or are they strung throughout the packs. I'm trying to decide which pack to start out with.

I'm planning on buying a guitar a year. My Christmas gift. I figure I give my employees one so I might as well get one too :) I bought a new Gibson J-45 this year. Next year it's a TAG!

I started out with pack 1. Its a great place to start like Michael said. It has a nice selection of the amps I was looking for. There are AC30 type amps and I honestly haven't even had the chance to get through them all. The patches are amazing. Barely had to change any of the settings.....or didn't change any of the settings. The Matchless amps are awesome.

• Given how much I love the /13 profiles from pack 2 (just played a gig with rave reviews from the sound guy about how easy it was for him to work with the line out from my kemper and the tone I was getting from the Pack 2 /13 profiles - I may have some clips to share in the near future), I think I might have to get pack 1 just for them. If the pack 1 /13 proflies are as good as those in pack 2, everything else will be gravy.

Yeah, I am starting to sound like a broken record fanboy but I don't give a shit! :D

• +1 for the acoustic profiles.

Sound Engineer, Musician, Animal Rights Activist.

Fender '89 Clapton Strat, EMG DG20, KPA, Martin, SSL, Neve, Manley, Tube-Tech, Millennia, API, Lynx, RME, Avid, Apple, Adam...

• Hi Guys , can any one please recommend what packs to get for blues, blues rock, reggae, ska and funk?
    really appreciate it if you could guys , I trust your opinion ;)
    ill get the D pack later for cleans etc , have a Gibson ,fender and 9 string Agile.

Thanks in Advance :D
    Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

Edited 2 times, last by ashtweth ().

• Hi Guys , can any one please recommend what packs to get for blues, blues rock, reggae, ska and funk?
    ill get the D pack later for cleans etc.

My band plays soul, rock, and country.

Pack 2 has the /13 which is my favorite for breakup/overdriven tones...especially great for single coils.
    The '69 Marshall Plexi Mini-Pack is my favorite pack of Michael's...it's does all the rock stuff.

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

ill get the D pack later for cleans etc , have a Gibson ,fender and 9 string Agile.

Thanks in Advance :D
    Ash

I don't think you can go wrong with either Pack 1 or 2 for what you are after. I have had 2 for a while and just bought 1 and am really happy with both. Pick one or both, learn to set up the auto-wah for your reggae, ska and funk, and you should be good to go.

• Been cranking my newly purchased MXR EVH OD pedal in front of MBritt's /13 FTR37 Pull *- profile today and it's absolutely glorious. The profile is great and the pedal is THE OD I've always wanted, yet never had...until this past Tuesday.

• I don't think you can go wrong with either Pack 1 or 2 for what you are after. I have had 2 for a while and just bought 1 and am really happy with both. Pick one or both, learn to set up the auto-wah for your reggae, ska and funk, and you should be good to go.

Thank you so much man, your advice has been carried out, SOLD! :) I got the dumble pack too, that is truly amazing not just for cleans, you should check it out.

Carl thanks brother, i really needed the single coil stuff, might try and play some country licks too :) I really appreciate the advice my friends, it helps us all out a lot.

sincerley
    Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

Edited once, last by ashtweth ().

• Guys the modern pack kicks ass too, i cracked and robbed my wallet...there is a KILLER absolute KILLER SRV tone on the modern pack..
    you really have put some time into this my friend, i am going through the sinmixx AND its as extensive as this , top Jimi and the other profile i have.

Really you guys are THE Standard for Kemper.
    you wont waste your money on this.
    end of story

all respect
    Ash

• Have to agree the modern pack is killer. I wish the Supros were done a bit better though. Maybe the combo itself has to be mic'd to let their unique tone shine. Andy from PGS has a nice demo of the Supro dual tone (new models) and he manages to get all the right tones out of it. Here is the vid for your reference if you don't mind Michael :)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Just picked up 2 mini packs, the Marshall and Guytron. Marshalls are great and the Guytron I wasn't quite sure what to expect but am really digging these. And here I thought I had enough with Pack 1, 2, 3 and the Dumble pack. Well done Michael!