M Britt Kemper Profiles

• Heard a Helix clip of a JCM800 today. Sounded pretty good. Made me miss the sound of a good jmp/jcm 800 era amp. Michael had a profile, I think it pack 2 called "79 JMP" that I never bonded with. Sounded kind of dark and lacked the bite I like in those amps. Decided to take a look at the "definition" and it was only 4.3. So I raised that to 7.0 and the amp came to life with my R9. Sounds really good for leads with the green scream in front of it. Lots of sustain. Gonna load this one in and try it at the gig on Saturday.

• Michael had a profile, I think it pack 2 called "79 JMP" that I never bonded with. Sounded kind of dark and lacked the bite I like in those amps. Decided to take a look at the "definition" and it was only 4.3. So I raised that to 7.0 and the amp came to life with my R9.

Michael usually uses single coil pickups the majority of the time so I would think they are EQed ideally with those pickups. Also, many other profiles I have (not Michael's) sound dark at low volume (I don't play loud...only enough to hear myself) so I have to crank the treble and Definition.

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• Hey guys,

I'm not sure if anyone has seen this from my fb page, but wanted to toss it up on here… I was noodling with a Recto profile I did and it started sounding a little like a Big Wreck song that I like so I hit record before I moved on to something else. Excuse the sloppy playing and such (as usual). I had never really learned the song ("A Place To Call Home") so I just kinda figured it out quickly, don't hate, ha! I seldom play anything with this much gain, so I was having a good time noodling on it. Anyway, just a little taste of a new profile hopefully out soon...

https://soundcloud.com/lonestargtr/m-britt-recto-wreck-test

• Welcome to heavy metal brother! ha!!! looks like you got some heaviness in you my friend, :D
    now dont tell me that was a single coil recording?

loving the pack one, D pack and mod pack my friend, will grab the rest soon.
    Looks like Lonestar are going heavy metal!! hehehe

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• I have yet to see an MBritt profile that didn't slap a ring on any one of my guitars.

Entire Plug-n-play for me. Headphones, FRFR, Cabinet. These profiles know how to work for their money and deliver.

• We are do for some new profiles from Michael. Let's hope it's soon. I heard the wooly cotes at the Rockett booth and it sounded spectacular.

And Chris VanTassel who played the Rockett pedals is a great player. When he used the Blue Note, Lenny or the 45 Caliber I was in tone heaven.

Cheers,

Mats N

• I do indeed have the Wooly Coats Extra Spanky and I've done some profiles already. It just got back from getting Jamie's newest tweaks so I'll try to get more profiles next week. I'm still waiting for Chris to get finished .45 Cal and Lenny pedals so I can profile with those as well. I know it's been quiet on the MBritt thread lately but I've been working diligently to put some new profiles together. I've been working on some heavier gain profiles with a couple of guys who are in that world and I've been trying to put together a pack of some stuff that covers a pretty wide variety of stuff. On top of that, I'm doing a web re-design to try to streamline the site a little. I am just trying to make sure anything else I put out hangs with what I've done in the past.

I've been experimenting a lot with direct/merged profiles too and while I have yielded some decent results, I've personally ended up going back to studio profiles for our live shows. I used the merged ones for a couple of months and it sounded good and there was a little cleaner sound coming out of the stage cab (as designed) but there's still some sort of magical mojo I hear in the studio profiles so I've gone back to using those. As a release gets closer I'll make sure everyone knows about it. I'm shooting for the next two weeks and hopefully I can hit my deadline. Thanks again for the support and hope I can make some new, fun guitar tones that folks can use.

• I do indeed have the Wooly Coats Extra Spanky and I've done some profiles already. It just got back from getting Jamie's newest tweaks so I'll try to get more profiles next week. I'm still waiting for Chris to get finished .45 Cal and Lenny pedals so I can profile with those as well. I know it's been quiet on the MBritt thread lately but I've been working diligently to put some new profiles together. I've been working on some heavier gain profiles with a couple of guys who are in that world and I've been trying to put together a pack of some stuff that covers a pretty wide variety of stuff. On top of that, I'm doing a web re-design to try to streamline the site a little. I am just trying to make sure anything else I put out hangs with what I've done in the past.

I've been experimenting a lot with direct/merged profiles too and while I have yielded some decent results, I've personally ended up going back to studio profiles for our live shows. I used the merged ones for a couple of months and it sounded good and there was a little cleaner sound coming out of the stage cab (as designed) but there's still some sort of magical mojo I hear in the studio profiles so I've gone back to using those. As a release gets closer I'll make sure everyone knows about it. I'm shooting for the next two weeks and hopefully I can hit my deadline. Thanks again for the support and hope I can make some new, fun guitar tones that folks can use.

Honestly Michael, your Studio profiles work great for me and I have yet to really NEED merged ones. I am doing a gig on the 12th including some heavy stuff (Slipknot, Shinedown, Sevendust) and your VH4 profiles cover that stuff perfectly.

Exciting news! Are you using a variety of speakers or sticking with the M Britt standard?