M Britt Kemper Profiles

• I did tweak all the heavy pack with humbucker a instead of my usual Andersons so that may be one reason they're brighter I also did some custom profiling with Wolf and tried to learn a bit about heavier, edgier tones. Hope they work!

I picked up most of your new packs and it seems like the quality of almost all of the profiles is increasing. I am totally overloaded with profiles! I gotta get back to playing! :)

• I did tweak all the heavy pack with humbucker a instead of my usual Andersons so that may be one reason they're brighter I also did some custom profiling with Wolf and tried to learn a bit about heavier, edgier tones. Hope they work!

Judging by the demos and the accounts here in the thread, I'd say you must've learned something! LOL

• I took today off to do some plumbing work and in a rare happy coincidence, got everything done and finished early. So, of course, I set up two performances with the acoustic preamp profiles and a quick audition makes me think they will work nicely. I'll test drive them at band practice next week and see which ones sit best in the mix at our practice space and hopefully use one of them on a couple of songs at our gig next weekend. (they have their own youtube channel and live stream the show so I should be able to get some video and sound clips from that I think if all goes well.)

• Hi,
    I just bought a Kemper rack some weeks ago, got the first profile M Britt pack earlier this week, took it to a gig, listening at soundcheck on FOH what sounded and felt good. Made some presets for the Kemper remote, tweaked some grease and stomps. And with just a minimum tweak for some more midrange in the FOH, so easy and quick!

I must say that these profiles really are great, they sit perfect in the mix with the rest of the band. My bandmates use in-ears and said the guitar sounded really good and balanced.
    I´ve always had the amp sound on stage (loud...) + the wedges. So I´m interested to know what typ of monitor you guys are using with the Kemper? I´m trying to decide if I should get the in-ear system or a FRFR wedge? The Friedman seems like a good choice? So what are you experience om live monitoring? I saw that Mike has the Friedman, do you use it on stage?

Regards from Sweden!

• Thanks and I'm glad your experience was a positive one! I do have a few FRFR cabs including the CLR and Friedman ASM12. They both sound good with a little tweaking but I'm still using a power section of a tube amp and guitar cab just for feel onstage. My primary means of monitoring is in-ear monitors so the tube amp and cab act more like a sub and work better live for me than an FRFR at this point. it's probably whatever you get used to or make work for you. If I were doing smaller gigs I might use the CLR since its smaller and lighter. Or even the tech 21 power engine.

• Thanks and I'm glad your experience was a positive one! I do have a few FRFR cabs including the CLR and Friedman ASM12. They both sound good with a little tweaking but I'm still using a power section of a tube amp and guitar cab just for feel onstage. …

Ok, I´ll have to look at the CLR cab as well, there are a few options out there to try... Spent som more time playing with the KPA today, and yeah, the profiles are awesome! What I like about them is that they are pure amp/cab and not tweaked with external EQ. I actually deleted everything that was in the KPA, and now only use the first pack to get me the sounds i need. (but just for fun, I still have to get pack 2 and the tweedpack...)

/M

• @HAmmer32261:
    Before buying a Profile, I have to find out which Profiles contains which amps/cabs!
    I would prefer Profiles with a name that shows the profiled Amp! (I know that there is the problem of copyright).
    But other producer of Profiles make it happen in their own way, f.e. TAF.

• @HAmmer32261:
    Before buying a Profile, I have to find out which Profiles contains which amps/cabs!
    I would prefer Profiles with a name that shows the profiled Amp! (I know that there is the problem of copyright).
    But other producer of Profiles make it happen in their own way, f.e. TAF.

Stefans,

Michael provided the answer to your question 2-pages back. If you follow his instructions, you will find a .pdf document that provides a comprehensive cross-reference between his naming convention and the actual reference amp used, for each of his profile packs.

Here is another copy of his instructions:

Thanks for the feedback guys! I appreciate the help. And to answer the question about the new "key"… there may (or may not) be a ";-)" at the bottom of the text box on the main "profiles" page (accessible via top menu bar "profiles"). I sincerely apologize for having to be so stealth but I'm just trying to follow the legal guidelines pertaining to trademarked names and such to stay out of trouble. Let me know how the new profiles hit you as you try them… At some point, I have to quit trying to analyze them and just send them out into the world like children. Ha! Thanks!

• https://soundcloud.com/bo-bistrup/amp-delight

I hope this is allowed in this forum, but it's just to share the joy of my newest purchase, the heavy pack from M Britt. Again i think it's fantastic, great fat tones with really nice highs and beautiful mids, what's not to like :)

Here is 3 pure beauty amp's of M Britt's " Heavy profile pack ".Please do not pay to much attention to the composition as such, it's just there for the purpose of playing noisy guitars :)

Profiles used :Left side : Victor V50-2 4, guitar Gibson Les Paul Standard, Right side : Merlin-L4 , guitar Gibson Es 335, Panned rythmgtr/chords : 5153-21, guitar Manne tele type.
    Second Les Paul solo shameless stolen from Chicago 19 and the great Dan Huff :)

Best regards