M Britt Kemper Profiles

• Hm, i think i am gonna make an effort in learning how to post proper :) but thanks for the thumbs up guys, really appreciate it :) and again Mr Britt, really inspiring to work with your profiles :) I will try to post it in My music

Regards Bobiz

• Love the custodian c+ 6
    It works so awesome with my slash les paul custom shop 2004 and dxr10 for live playing
    It cut through the mix
    We play guns n roses etc

Thx mbritt

Cry Baby Slash Classic Wah -> KPA -> main to FOH ->KRK6 -> Monitor out DXR10 -> EXP DVP3 -> Remote: Guitars: Slash Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop - James Tyler Variax JTV59 - Epiphone Les Paul with EMG 81 - Furch GN2 Nylon -> Maybach Lester 60 -> Kemper Powered Cab -/ Focusrite Scarlett

• Thanks and I'm glad your experience was a positive one! I do have a few FRFR cabs including the CLR and Friedman ASM12. They both sound good with a little tweaking but I'm still using a power section of a tube amp and guitar cab just for feel onstage. …

Still havent tried the CLR, but the others usuals by QSC, RCF and Line 6...I still find all of them lacking in the feel department. Can you tell us what you use for Tube Power and and Cab on stage? And what tweaks if any, do you make to the Monitor Out, to help the on stage feel? Thanks!

• Just picked up a CLR and the Diaz and 800 stuff is sounding awesome!
    need to go and check my previous profiles as comparing CLR to studio monitors (dynaudio BM5s with Sub) the studio monitors have boosted mids.

Great profiles as always from Michael.

• Still havent tried the CLR, but the others usuals by QSC, RCF and Line 6...I still find all of them lacking in the feel department. Can you tell us what you use for Tube Power and and Cab on stage? And what tweaks if any, do you make to the Monitor Out, to help the on stage feel? Thanks!

Thanks guys! I haven't tried the CLR onstage yet, but I did try an Atomic Reactor on a gig a while back and I tried the Line 6 L3T at a rehearsal a long time ago. Neither of those just had enough low end punch for what I needed. I get all the clarity I need from my ear monitor so I just need to hear some low end and some body, so I'm currently using a Mesa Lonestar amp's power section into a 3rd Power 212 cab. It's pointed away from stage so it's not just brain darting everyone else onstage but I can feel it from the sound from the back open triangular ports. It's weird, I know, but it works for me. The CLR sounds good but as with all solid state or digital power amps (even the powered Kemper), there is a linear feel that is vastly different than a tube amp. It's kind of the difference between a linear taper pot and a logarithmic (audio) taper pot when it comes to dynamics. Tube amps seems to be idling waiting for something to project and then they push it out but it hits a sort of soft wall before it gets piercing. Digital and SS amps push the sound out at an even rate but it doesn't round off the attack as smoothly. These are just my thoughts, YMMV. It's also whatever you get used to. If I just made the switch, I would get used to it after a few weeks and tweak the monitor output eq around it. Sometimes at home I will run my KPA through my Fryette Power Station and a guitar cab and turn the cab sims off to monitors and then just eq the monitor out eq a little. It just varies as to what I want to hear that day, but usually if the cab sims are off (to monitor out) then I'll roll off some highs and presence and if the cab sims are on, I'l. roll those up a bit or roll the lows back.

• Michael,

Do you use only the delays found in the kemper? I know they are coming out with new ones, but I am always wanting more. I honestly like the effects in the Kemper. I just ordered a strymon timeline from sweetwater today. It's pricey, but boy does it sound good to my ears. I currently use a DD5 and a line 6 DL4. I want a bigsky, but it's hard to justify it.

I'm just a bedroom player for the most part, but I'm curious to what you think.

• I can't wait for the new delays but honestly for anything I need to do the stock delays are plenty versatile. Every now and then I want something more but I don't think it's anything the audience would notice so it's not worth adding an external device for me. The new delays will be awesome though.

• Thanks, maybe I should have worked with the delays a little more before buying the timeline. Pretty pricey at $450.

Delays were a wormhole I went down and the Timeline didn't last long. The Echolution2 Deluxe beat it out for me.

I have been plenty satisfied with the Kemper delays though. no need for external pedals for me.

• The Jubilee profiles are pretty darn nice, fast becoming my go to Marshall sound, I got caught up playing the Jubilee profiles for a couple hours alone last night to be honest. This set of heavy profiles seem to have a brighter edge to them vs some of the previous Mbritt packs with "heavier type profiles". I am really liking what I am hearing and feeling. I was getting some great sustain out of these.

The Jubilee samples seem to be mostly humbucker/higher-gain, do these profiles work for/cover John Frusciante / RHCP sounds?

• Thanks Antipodes appreciate it, :) The backing track is one of mine, although claiming a chord progression of G-Em-Am-D to be mine, would be an exaggeration :)

Well recorded then. I wondered if you would care to share it on Soundcloud or something. Could be fun to play over.

• Michael,

Do you use only the delays found in the kemper? I know they are coming out with new ones, but I am always wanting more. I honestly like the effects in the Kemper. I just ordered a strymon timeline from sweetwater today. It's pricey, but boy does it sound good to my ears. I currently use a DD5 and a line 6 DL4. I want a bigsky, but it's hard to justify it.

I'm just a bedroom player for the most part, but I'm curious to what you think.

@dmbandtimmy

You should have waited a little longer, if you like Strymon delays im pretty sure you will be satisfied with the upcoming new kemper delays.

Still, until they come out to the general public i guess you can have fun with the Timeline :)