M Britt Kemper Profiles

• Very nice composition and some tasty playing, bobiz!

Thanks, maybe I should have worked with the delays a little more before buying the timeline. Pretty pricey at $450.

I know Strymon is top of the line, but good grief...that is almost the price of a Kemper Remote. =O
    Given that 4.0 is coming any day now, with the new delays included (or following shortly), my first reaction was puzzlement -- couldn't you have held off on pulling that trigger, at least until you heard the new KPA delays?

However, my second reaction was to remember all the impulsive purchases I, myself, made over the span of my guitar-playing career, due to that insidious and debilitating syndrome known as G.A.S. :thumbup:

• @dmbandtimmy

You should have waited a little longer, if you like Strymon delays im pretty sure you will be satisfied with the upcoming new kemper delays.

Still, until they come out to the general public i guess you can have fun with the Timeline :)

I cancelled it this morning. It was on the truck. I felt bad, but I thought I better hold out for the new delays and verbs. If the stock ones are good enough for Michael, they are definitely good enough for me. I'm no pro like Miguel.

• Very nice composition and some tasty playing, bobiz!

[quote='dmbandtimmy','http://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php/Thread/16259-M-Britt-Kemper-Profiles/?postID=289989#post289989']Thanks, maybe I should have worked with the delays a little more before buying the timeline. Pretty pricey at $450.

I know Strymon is top of the line, but good grief...that is almost the price of a Kemper Remote. =O
    Given that 4.0 is coming any day now, with the new delays included (or following shortly), my first reaction was puzzlement -- couldn't you have held off on pulling that trigger, at least until you heard the new KPA delays?

However, my second reaction was to remember all the impulsive purchases I, myself, made over the span of my guitar-playing career, due to that insidious and debilitating syndrome known as G.A.S. :thumbup:

Thanks alot Tritium, glad you liked it :)

• Hey Bo, heard all your Soundcloud tracks and just wanted to say how much I enjoyed your melodic choices, touch and tones. Emotional and nice ... very, very, very nice.

Hey MLScola, thank you, i really appreciate your positive feedback. Planning to upload some more soon, so please come by my soundcloud again :)

Best regards Bo

• Quote from KrlosRodz: “Quote from lonestargtr: “Thanks and I'm glad your experience was a positive one! I do have a few FRFR cabs including the CLR and Friedman ASM12. They both sound good with a little tweaking but I'm still using a power section…

Thanks for your reply...I hope you don't mind me asking, what in-ear monitors are you using? I've tried a couple and all of them have some weird spike between the 5k and 7k frequencies, which make the profiles sound way different than on my studio monitors or headphones! Thanks!

• I've been using Ultimate Ears UE7's for quite some time. If they have a bump there I'm either used to it or can't tell. They have a resonant bump around 630hz but that may actually be the resonant frequency of my skull for all I know. I have tried some other ones that are overly hyped on the top end so I know what you mean.

• Micheal,

Is there good reason you chose to use the 3rd Power 212 c over an FRFR cab like the Atomic Reactor or the new Friedman ASM-12?

Thanks,
    Derek

Very true that a merged profile with cabs off through a guitar cab should be identical to the direct amp profile with the same settings. My experience with my own merged profiles compared to the same settings' studio profiles is that they are not truly…

John,

The cab I use on most all my profiles is a 3rd Power Switchback 212 cabinet. It has a diagonal baffle board between the two speakers to create a trapezoidal space in the cabinet for each speaker, reducing standing waves and much of the "cabinet"…

• Hi Bo,

Just listened to Summer Flower. Lovely piece of music where you use the different guitar textures to great musical effect. The tune itself is beautiful and the playing shows real emotion. Thanks for posting this!

Cheers,

Mats N

• Hi good people of the KPA pursuation!

I was asked to do a demo of the Extra Spanky profiles in a funk contact.

As I love playing the funk, here it is:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Cheers,

Mats N

• I'm planning to swap out the PUP's in my Fender Mexican Deluxe Roadhouse tomorrow with Klein Jazzy Cats and did a quick recording today for comparative differences. That said; I used the MBritt Princeton and think it's a fantastic rig, therefore, wanted to share it here:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I'll post a version with the Jazzy Cats once installed and time allows.

Got them in this evening - 03/14/16. Super easy install from Sigler 920D shop:

• Hi Mats, glad you liked it, it's actually a tune i wrote 10 years ago when i first meet my wife and was strucked by ligthning, i wrote it for her back then, and the recording you can hear on soundcloud is a re recording made for our weddingday last year, so it's wery romantic :)

Best regards Bo

• Hi Matt/ALL

Mat, thanks for the Great demo , what profile was that my friend?

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Hi Matt/ALL

Mat, thanks for the Great demo , what profile was that my friend?

Ash

Thanks, Ash! Glad you liked it.

The funky clean and cleanish rhtym parts were recorded with a Wooly Coats Extra Spanky profile by Michel Britt. He wanted my view on these profiles and the best way to find out is to use them. So I did and I really like it. If I got Michael's intentions correctly, he is planning to do a 3rd Power Pack and these Spanky profiles will be part of that.

The lead guitar used Michael's 70s Marshall SL4 profile that already available.

Cheers,

Mats N

• Just got Pack 1, 69 Marsh Pack, Guytron Pack, Jim Kelly Pack, and Tweedy Pack.

Absolutely amazed. So many good balanced profiles that track pickup changes well, particularly in the slightly broken up range to medium overdrive, great cleans, and even some higher gain ones. So many good tones. I liked so many I don't know even where to begin. I've bought a ton of commercial profiles in the past and liked playing very few, even though I liked how the sound samples sounded. With these, I like the way they sound when I play them. And so many of them! That's what really floored me. There's so many profiles in these sets that could become one of my five or so go to live sounds.
    I don't know if it's the magic of that cab you use on most of the profiles, or just your ear for tone in general or what. In any case, apparently what sounds good to your ears sounds good to mine as well. I don't even play any country! I half expected to get these and dislike most, as I dislike most profiles I try. These were worth every penny. In particular I loved the Guytone marsh, and pack one. I almost never like fender profiles (even though I've enjoyed playing through some real fender amps.) but loved these as well.

In general, so many of the amps Played and sounded great in these sets even though I haven't enjoyed them in other profiler's sets.

• Hey Bobiz,

Very tasty tune of yours ("Amp Delight). Congrats, you're super talented. Can't stop listening. :)
    Reminds me of Satch style (which I like). The good notes at the right moment.

• Just got Pack 1, 69 Marsh Pack, Guytron Pack, Jim Kelly Pack, and Tweedy Pack.

Absolutely amazed. So many good balanced profiles that track pickup changes well, particularly in the slightly broken up range to medium overdrive, great cleans, and even some higher gain ones. So many good tones. I liked so many I don't know even where to begin. I've bought a ton of commercial profiles in the past and liked playing very few, even though I liked how the sound samples sounded. With these, I like the way they sound when I play them. And so many of them! That's what really floored me. There's so many profiles in these sets that could become one of my five or so go to live sounds.
    I don't know if it's the magic of that cab you use on most of the profiles, or just your ear for tone in general or what. In any case, apparently what sounds good to your ears sounds good to mine as well. I don't even play any country! I half expected to get these and dislike most, as I dislike most profiles I try. These were worth every penny. In particular I loved the Guytone marsh, and pack one. I almost never like fender profiles (even though I've enjoyed playing through some real fender amps.) but loved these as well.

In general, so many of the amps Played and sounded great in these sets even though I haven't enjoyed them in other profiler's sets.

Thanks so much! I am always glad to hear when people connect with the tones. I have spent a lot of time lately with some of the other modeling devices (Amplifire, Helix, Fractal) and while good sounds can be found/created/etc. I keep needing to go back to my Kemper or a real amp to hear what things are supposed to sound like. I'm not sure if it's my "magic cabinet" I'm used to or what, but the Kemper just doesn't feel like work compared to the other units.