M Britt Kemper Profiles

• These new Colonial rigs really sound very nice, thank you very much Mike!
    I have the same amp here and really was looking for a way to get it in the KPA, but my profiles always sucked.... guess there is no need for that any longer :)

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• Hi! Cool Stuff! 8) Which sound card/interface are you using in your home studio, and how is it set up?

Bjorn

Hey guys,
    We were doing some album promo at my house the other day and our drummer/video guy Keech asked if I wanted to shoot anything else while he was set up and I asked if he could shoot a quick little vid showing a Kemper tone for one of the solos. …

Bjorn :)

• I use an inexpensive Propellerhead Balance 2-ch interface via usb into an iMac with protools 10. I use the xlr outs from the Kemper into the xlr ins on the Balance. For the audio in that video, Keech took the headphone out of the Balance and a lav mic into a zoom h6 recorder. It's crazy simple and not expensive but I get good results, good enough for all the solos on our new cd.

• Would love a Dumble mini-pack, even at a relatively higher price (like 25 bucks) for the Dumble profiles only.

I'm intrigued by this Colonial pack, but I'm drowning in Marshall profiles so I'm not sure.

• Would love a Dumble mini-pack, even at a relatively higher price (like 25 bucks) for the Dumble profiles only.

Please don't say this, GASbag! For many around the world the exchange rate is a killer.

I'm intrigued by this Colonial pack, but I'm drowning in Marshall profiles so I'm not sure.

What do you think of the demos. Do they sound like they have some mojo that you don't already? If so...

• Well, yes, I prefer 10 dollars myself. :) But if it's too cheap everybody would just buy the small Dumble pack. I like those tones, but I already have some Dumble clone profiles so it's really just a profile or 5-10 of an original one that I'd like and it's not really worth $50 to me.

As for the colonial pack, I'm not sure, but I suspect I could get very close to at least 80% of the demo'd tones. I like a couple of the other 20% a lot though, so I'm still undecided. Also digesting 2 new guitar purchases. :)

• I bought the Colonials the other day. So far, I've only had a chance to try them through headphones but my initial impressions are that they are superb. The very first one I tried is the lowest gain (I think it gets 1-2 bars on Rig Manager) so it's not crystal clean but fairly. It's lovely. Just a quick whizz through the rest is all I've managed so far but I didn't find any that I thought 'meh'. It's how to now decide which ones to keep!

• Click HERE to hear our new Lonestar single featuring Kemper tones. The solo starts around 2:00. I'm using my AC30TB profile for rhythm parts and my '70 Marshall JMP 20w for the solo. Thanks for listening! If anyone knows how to embed the video, that'd be great. Thanks!

That sounds GREAT, Michael!! Your phrasing is really tasty, and your playing is outstanding - as always! And the tone, um-mm, omigish... that is the reason my MBritt profiles are pretty much my go-to for any given need.

I cannot comprehend how anyone can say that the Kemper sounds "digital". In some ways, it surpasses the sound and capabilities of a tube amp, and I was (and still am) a tube amp fan, albeit one whose eyes have been opened to the possibilities inherent in digital modeling which allow a machine to take the best qualities of a tube amp, remove the undesired, unnecessary, and unusable bits, and distill it into a small, portable form suitable for recording and performance. It does cost... but you get what you pay for.

I was going around with someone about it this week who uses an Eleven Rack he purchased for $200 and who insisted that a Kemper (or any digital modeler) could never sound as good as a tube amp. irregardless of the fact that he had never even heard a KPA. His judgment was based upon the "...harsh digital sound" of his 11 Rack, and his mind had already been made up, in fact he stated that digital modeling would "never sound as good as a tube amp". I finally gave up. No use wasting any more time on him. I wished him good luck and Godspeed. What else to do?

• I was going around with someone about it this week who uses an Eleven Rack he purchased for $200 and who insisted that a Kemper (or any digital modeler) could never sound as good as a tube amp. irregardless of the fact that he had never even heard a KPA. His judgment was based upon the "...harsh digital sound" of his 11 Rack, and his mind had already been made up, in fact he stated that digital modeling would "never sound as good as a tube amp". I finally gave up. No use wasting any more time on him. I wished him good luck and Godspeed. What else to do?

I can see how *modeling* might not sound as good. (Someone else's good is many times my blech!)
    I haven't heard a really great modeler. I don't consider the KPA (which DOES sound as good as a tube amp) modeling.

If you really want to be bothered, bring a real tube amp on stage, plugged in with the lights on and put the KPA hidden out of sight. Invite said person to the show and ask how they like your tube amp sound and if they think it blows away the Kemper.....point to the Kemper. 8o

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me