M Britt Kemper Profiles

• So... is it me, or is the key to a really good clean sound a really good reverb setting? Maybe its personal taste or something but I can't have one without the other. Now if I could just dial it in...

Dunno, 'Hookster.

I mean, for funk, you might want it completely dry, for example.

To my mind, the key to a meaningful clean sound, and by that I mean something with character, something non-80s-style, is the existence of warmth in the mids to lower mids. Some woody body in there is, for me at least, what separates the men from the boys.

• So... is it me, or is the key to a really good clean sound a really good reverb setting?

I think that's a big part of it, depending on the application as @Monkey_Man stated. I've noticed with the Kemper that I'm using more reverb than I normally would with a regular amp, but that is certainly due to the nature of the device and how I'm using it. I run direct and use in ears probably a good 80% of the time, so I basically get zero room sound at all. For most applications, a perfectly dry clean sound isn't going to sound very natural. I sometimes forego using reverb though and just use a low level delay to give me space. Not a big reverb guy over here.

• I'm now assuming its a personal preference. Its hard for me to explain but after loading 4.05 I had to redo a reverb setting and for the rig in question, it really seemed to bring out something that the rig without it doesn't have. I'll have to spend some time getting it 'just exactly perfect' or wait until the new reverbs in 5.0 but it was definitely a moment of realization for me - now I just need to make it work.

• Just discovered a killer profile on the Vintage pack. I think it's the ProVerb, can't remember exactly at the moment.

Perfect for the Tele I was using. Pick hard and get nice grit, and lighten the attack for a great cleaner sound. I'll be making a new performance and use some of these vintage profiles. Probably have just 2 profiles and just have some with different FX to make it different

• Man for anyone who doesn't have the Diaz pack you are missing out! This could my absolute favorite pack mike has done, I absolutely love this amp and am stoked he got his hands on it.

Got the Diaz (D100) profiles the other day due to them being recommended here and they deserve all the praise imho !

I finally bought this tonight and wow. =O
    This sounds excellent with 2 Strats (both with vintage output S/S/S pickups) AND a Peavey Wolfgang humbucker equipped guitar with no regular re-EQing.

I don't think I've ever come across a profile where I could do that before.
    (The only thing I added to some of the profiles was inserting a No-Boomy E and A Strings preset into the X slot.)

The low gain crunch works great on the rear pickup of the Strats (Tom Petty/John Mellencamp tunes) and the higher gain profiles work great with the single coils and humbuckers.

Amazing and outstanding. :thumbup:

I highly recommend the D100 pack to everyone. Thanks, Micheal, once again for your exceptional profiles!

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

Edited once, last by HCarlH ().

• Thanks so much guys! And I did recently add a Diaz profile to one of my live song performances. I'm always finding ones I've never used before and thinking 'how did this one sneak by me?' We've recently added a few new songs to our live show and I asked my wife to try to grab some video so I could hear the sounds out front since I'm using different profiles than my usual handful. I'm going to have to incorporate these profiles in some more performances, especially the first solo's bogner Helios profile. It was a weird gig on the party deck of a minor league baseball stadium but they had a great Meyer pa rig. Again, thank you guys for the kind words of support and glad the profiles are working for you.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Sounds great, especially love the cover of 'Let It Be'!

I am grappling (pun intended, ex-BJJ guy here) with how to incorporate different profiles into my rotation. Just loaded the Tweedy pack finally and really think there is some good stuff going on there. Guess the Diaz pack might have to be the next investment!

• I guess SRV's tech knew what he was doing with the Diaz , dont forget to try it on your Strat, try CD 100 15 and CD 100 33 (clean blues hybrid picking, neck PU)

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Thanks so much guys! And I did recently add a Diaz profile to one of my live song performances. I'm always finding ones I've never used before and thinking 'how did this one sneak by me?' We've recently added a few new songs to our live show and I asked my wife to try to grab some video so I could hear the sounds out front since I'm using different profiles than my usual handful. I'm going to have to incorporate these profiles in some more performances, especially the first solo's bogner Helios profile. It was a weird gig on the party deck of a minor league baseball stadium but they had a great Meyer pa rig. Again, thank you guys for the kind words of support and glad the profiles are working for you.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Dude, tasty tones! Killer!

I hope you guys have another hit soon, you deserve it. Sounded awesome.

• [quote='sanders4617','https://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php/Thread/16259-M-Britt-Kemper-Profiles/?postID=313157&#post313157'] other is Bert Meulendick (sp?) Showman

@JedMckenna Meulendijk it is :) I'm glad you like the Showman !! It's a killer :thumbup: I really like Michael's stuff by the way

• I've found what I like most about the Kemper and even my Helix (and my Fractal products I owned previously) is that I can have a few go to rigs, and then the specialty ones for songs that require the trademark tones/fx. However, when I get tone stir crazy, instead of having to buy/sell amps, I simply load up different ones in my patches/profiles to get that fix.

It's a personal music store...

I am a Profile Whore... Sometimes a Recovering Profile Whore...
    but mostly a Complete and Utter Profile Whore... I want them all... aCk!!! 8|:love:

• Love the profiles. Checking out your youtube video I see you picked up a fret king. I've never heard of them, but the pickup combo is interesting!

I assume after a week or so you're still digging it? I'm honestly thinking about picking one up. They are less than 1k! They are well built correct? Not some chinese made stuff?

• Love the profiles. Checking out your youtube video I see you picked up a fret king. I've never heard of them, but the pickup combo is interesting!

I assume after a week or so you're still digging it? I'm honestly thinking about picking one up. They are less than 1k! They are well built correct? Not some chinese made stuff?

I believe this is a UK company with production in Korea?

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I am really liking it. I know I'm spoiled and have a lot of nice guitars and it's hard to give them all equal playing time. The Fret King has just kind of inserted itself in our live show and it's hard not to take it. I think it's really well built for an import. I think Trevor Wilkinson had a lot of input on the build quality and his hardware is really great. The only thing I did to it was to replace the bridge saddle screws as it's a bit of a pet peeve of mine to bang my hand on protruding strat saddle screws. Other than that, it's stock. I usually swap pickups on guitars but I don't really feel the need to at all. I like the sounds and the neck really does feel nice. The guitar has a bit of mass to it, not light, but not a boat anchor, either. I'd guess high 7lbs area. The tremolo feels nice and even though I keep it against the body and set fairly tight, it is still smooth and comes back in tune. For the money, it's a nice option for sure.

External Content www.youtube.com

• I am really liking it. I know I'm spoiled and have a lot of nice guitars and it's hard to give them all equal playing time. The Fret King has just kind of inserted itself in our live show and it's hard not to take it. I think it's really well built for an import. I think Trevor Wilkinson had a lot of input on the build quality and his hardware is really great. The only thing I did to it was to replace the bridge saddle screws as it's a bit of a pet peeve of mine to bang my hand on protruding strat saddle screws. Other than that, it's stock. I usually swap pickups on guitars but I don't really feel the need to at all. I like the sounds and the neck really does feel nice. The guitar has a bit of mass to it, not light, but not a boat anchor, either. I'd guess high 7lbs area. The tremolo feels nice and even though I keep it against the body and set fairly tight, it is still smooth and comes back in tune. For the money, it's a nice option for sure.

External Content www.youtube.com

Wow that is one nice guitar.
    Great demo and playing, too.