M Britt Kemper Profiles

• I just bought it too. Can't wait to try them out. I have been using one of the AC30 profiles as my main profile for about a year. The other day we had a company come in to do new speakers/amps/tune our sound system, the engineer said, 'wow, you have great tone!' - so thanks for the great tone @lonestargtr!

• Wow, Just got notified on my phone of a $5 PayPal refund from Mr. Britt! Sure wasn't expecting that, since it was my own fault that I just forgot to enter the code at checkout. Thank you!

I've already told a couple of my Kemper buds about the AC30 release, since I'm not sure how much time they spend on the forum. One of them has already gotten back to me that he is headed your way...

• Hi Michael - I cannot see the link on your site for the Ac30 pack.

I have about six of your packs and they are all great. Keep up the great work.

What's next on your list?

@Deej09, how are you accessing the site? I just bought the 65 AC30 and D100 packs no problem. The 65 AC30 link is on the left, at the bottom of the list of packs available.

Thanks again, Mike, I will try to load and test these out this weekend.

• The reason you don't see it could be a browser issue. I noticed that it showed up fine in a updated browser (e.g. Chrome), but it didn't show up using an old version of Internet Explorer.

How do these profiles compare to the AC30 profiles in pack 2?

• @Deej09, how are you accessing the site? I just bought the 65 AC30 and D100 packs no problem. The 65 AC30 link is on the left, at the bottom of the list of packs available.
    Thanks again, Mike, I will try to load and test these out this weekend.

Hi @flyingheelhook

I have Michaels web as a bookmark and purchased a number of packs and I went to this as normal. i.e. http://www.mbrittprofiles.com/kemper/index.html the link didn't show. But when I tried http://www.mbrittprofiles.com/kemper/ It worked.......weird.

Thanks for the response. Ordered, downloaded but off out now for the evening with the missus, I will have to try tomorrow :( . If they are anything like the others I'm sure they will be awesome. :thumbup:

• Holy crap! I just tried the 65 AC30 profiles and these are the best AC30 profiles I have heard out there. I've tried almost everything out there and nothing beats this tone! This will be my go to Vox sound, M Britt 69 for my Marshall Plexi sound, and the Pro Reverb in the Vintage Pack for my Blackface Fender sound. I have all the sounds I really need!

• Wow, @lonestargtr - you've done it again ... that 65 AC30 profile pack is just amazing ... depth, warmth & clarity - all you expect from a good AC30 ... and the way some of the more gainy profiles clean up ... you've captured the whole sound palette of a truly amazing sounding amp - thanks so much!

Cheers,
    Wolf

• just a head's up. I just released a pack of profiles I did of a '65 Vox AC30.

I agree with one of my previous speakers.
    The 65 Voice ACE30- with Colonial-Pack has everything you need,

If you have Diaz CD100 Pack, Tweedy Pack, 69 Marshall Pack, Guytron Pack and Jim Kelley Pack also, you will can get head ache to think about which profiles are not to use to have any overview. :/
    Mike is one of a few incredibly good vendors of profiles.
    Well, the Kemper has already unimagined possibilities and ask for big self-control which I do not have in the amount which would be necessary ^^

• Just downloaded and wow best AC30 profiles that I have found. Will definately be using these alot. This mixed with the Dumble pack is probably all I need (but we all know we won't stop at that LOL)

Dan

• I bought the '65 ac30 amps a couple of days ago and gigged on 'B 1 6*' last night, with the gain dialed back I was both surprised and delighted how similar it sounded to the /13 FTR 2.0 (with less volume and a **tiny** bit brighter) which was my go-to clean before now.

The FTR 2.0 has a lot of raw frequencies which I love, but seeing as they sound so similar, and the fact I LOVE my 1998 AC30tbx (which I will be eventually be keeping or selling vs the Kemper) I feel like using the ac30 profile makes more sense! Delighted these Ac30 profiles have been made.

At some point I'm going to mic up my ac30 in my friends studio and A/B my fave sound and compare it to my fave clean sound on my Kemper (which might now be one of these '65 ac30 ones'). That will tell me once and for all whether I keep the Kemper or my beloved AC30tbx! @lonestargtr do you think the Kemper might win (as someone who regularly actually compares real amps to profiles)? I always suspect the Kemper is ALWAYS a little more compressed in a way you can't dial out

• I bought the '65 ac30 amps a couple of days ago and gigged on 'B 1 6*' last night, with the gain dialed back I was both surprised and delighted how similar it sounded to the /13 FTR 2.0 (with less volume and a **tiny** bit brighter) which was my go-to clean before now.

The FTR 2.0 has a lot of raw frequencies which I love, but seeing as they sound so similar, and the fact I LOVE my 1998 AC30tbx (which I will be eventually be keeping or selling vs the Kemper) I feel like using the ac30 profile makes more sense! Delighted these Ac30 profiles have been made.

At some point I'm going to mic up my ac30 in my friends studio and A/B my fave sound and compare it to my fave clean sound on my Kemper (which might now be one of these '65 ac30 ones'). That will tell me once and for all whether I keep the Kemper or my beloved AC30tbx! @lonestargtr do you think the Kemper might win (as someone who regularly actually compares real amps to profiles)? I always suspect the Kemper is ALWAYS a little more compressed in a way you can't dial out

I never like to say "win" because that would imply a loser, which may not be the case. It's all a matter of application. When comparing the Kemper to a real amp, are you comparing the real amp mic'd up to the Kemper? In that case, there would be a case where the Kemper might pull ahead because of the extra tweakability inside the Kemper. If you're comparing just the amp in the room and trying to get a mic'd up speaker version of that to sound good through another cabinet, then I would say that the amp might be best for that application. I don't ever suggest getting rid of real amps. You never know when you'll want to profile your favorite amps again and again til you find a magic one. The Kemper does have some volume leveling and compression inherent but as someone who uses in-ear monitors a lot, both onstage and for tweaking, I appreciate this feature as it reduces ear fatigue and the need for extra outboard processing to smooth things out. However, if you truly need the entire dynamic range produced by a real tube amp, then that might be the way to go. I find that in applications of recording or playing onstage with a loud band, the compression keeps my guitar in the ballpark I put it in and keeps me being heard (hopefully).

On a side note, I used the Flutter rig on a few of our ballads with clean tones this weekend and although it was different from what I'm used to and may need a touch of tweaking, I loved the extra midrange the AC30 rig added. It had the crisp top end and rich vocal-like mids and although I don't normally think to use a Vox tone for cleans (usually going for my 3P blackface sound) it was really quite nice, especially with the octave delay trails.

• Thank you Mr. Britt for

(a) the really useable VOX rigs. I bought them yesterday and I can't keep my tele away from them. Good job!
    (b) the considerate remarks you gave to teamjims question. Frankly, not many a rigs seller take the time and the knowledge to reply in depth. I certainly do agree with your point of view. I might add, though that comfort and "easy going" always is a good argument for the Kemper. More than once in live situations I wondered, where the subtelties of my sound, if any, might have vanished in all the sounds around.

Joachim