M Britt Kemper Profiles

• Just grabbed the Colonial pack! I have 1,2,3, Guytron, Marshall, Heavy, Tweedy, Jim Kelly, Vox and now this guy...

The Colonial is a very useful turn in the Marshall territory, isn't it? I take you are also a Friedman guy, have you tried Britt's Modern Pack. The Bogner Helios is praised, but it's got plenty of stuff like a Pink Taco. It's an option I'm considering. Curiosity killed the cat (about the Guytron).

Never too old for rock'n'roll

• I was asking if you had a Top 5 profiles that you like or use often, not packs.

Thanks for the response.

• The Colonial is a very useful turn in the Marshall territory, isn't it? I take you are also a Friedman guy, have you tried Britt's Modern Pack. The Bogner Helios is praised, but it's got plenty of stuff like a Pink Taco. It's an option I'm considering. Curiosity killed the cat (about the Guytron).

You know, I do NOT have the modern pack.

• I just bought the Guytron. Its not like I really NEED more profiles, you know. I can quit any time. The 65 Vox AC30 are actually perfect, so I really don't NEED any more profiles. You know.

Please don't tell my wife.

• @lonestargtr:
    Hi Michael, the last packs I got were the Colonial and the 65VoiceACE. (use also your Heyvy Pack and the Marshall69)
    But I got a small problem with the Colonial. It sounds as if there is a light curtain in front of the sound.
    Even by increasing High and Presence, the rigs sound dark, not open enough.
    All other rigs are "normal".
    What could help?

• Without hearing what you're actually hearing, I will say that sometimes I find the Colonials a little darker myself but it seems to be volume dependent. At lower volumes it sounds a little muddy but at stage volume it works great. That being said, you can always try turning up the Definition in the amp settings and see if that helps. Without knowing your pickups, monitoring speaker, etc., it may just not fit sonically with what you like. Maybe some other guys might have some insights as well if they find a better workaround? I would start with Definition and maybe try it at different volumes and then go to eq settings. I try to start with neutral eq's but my ears change from day to day and week to week so my profiles may reflect that as well. I try to keep them as consistent as I can but I'm at the mercy of my poor, overworked ears sometimes. Hope this helps.

And THANK YOU to everyone who has been responding to my weekend sale. Much appreciated. I've been driving and traveling to visit my family so I have been checking in but haven't had much time to write. Happy Holidays!

• Without hearing what you're actually hearing, I will say that sometimes I find the Colonials a little darker myself but it seems to be volume dependent. At lower volumes it sounds a little muddy but at stage volume it works great. That being said, you can always try turning up the Definition in the amp settings and see if that helps. Without knowing your pickups, monitoring speaker, etc., it may just not fit sonically with what you like. Maybe some other guys might have some insights as well if they find a better workaround? I would start with Definition and maybe try it at different volumes and then go to eq settings. I try to start with neutral eq's but my ears change from day to day and week to week so my profiles may reflect that as well. I try to keep them as consistent as I can but I'm at the mercy of my poor, overworked ears sometimes. Hope this helps.
    And THANK YOU to everyone who has been responding to my weekend sale. Much appreciated. I've been driving and traveling to visit my family so I have been checking in but haven't had much time to write. Happy Holidays!

Thanks for your replay.
    Will try your advices when I got the time.
    Guitar is a Gibson 58' reissue Les Paul, well, all settings are the same I use for every rig.
    What you said is what I heard: a little bit darker.
    Didn't have the chance to play the colonial on stage til now.
    We will see.
    ;)

• just pulled the trigger on 6 packs: 69 Marsh, Guytron, D-pack, Driftwood, Jim kelley, and D 100. I went quickly throught them, love jim kelley's cleans, and the marshall is the biggest surprise. love how overdriven profiles clean up by rolling the volume knob.
    With the pack 3, the (excellent) tweed, and colonial, it's pure bliss! :D

By the way, if by any chance you could make a soldano SLO100 / hot rod 50 / SL60 pack with more profiles, you would make a happy customer for life ^^. i bought the pack 3 just for this amp and none of the few in there were what I'm looking for. I'm hesitating about BOC since it has only 7 profiles..
    I think I read someone asking about a sunn model T reissue. I'm backing that one up too!

And a little question, is the kemper able of profiling dual amps setups? have you thought about it?
    thanks!

• I shake my head when I think of that thing.
    My God, it sounds absolutely-incredible to me.

They certainly are my favorite clean to mid proflles So far I tried them with a strat type guitar with Ash + maple neck and alnico II single coils. From my experience, once a profile sounds good in one guitar, I've never had a problem making it sound good with my other guitars.

• @lonestargtr

I have a couple amps I'd like to profile. Do I need a pre amp to get the most out of profiling? Or can I do a good job by just using the Kemper without a mic pre amp?

I've got a Two Rock John Mayer amp clone that I'd love to try and capture. Does the clean thing really well. With a dumble style cab, EVM12L speaker. Would be nice to have that to call on whenever needed

• I've got a Two Rock John Mayer amp clone that I'd love to try and capture. Does the clean thing really well. With a dumble style cab, EVM12L speaker. Would be nice to have that to call on whenever needed

Yum, I'd love to have that too :love:

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

The Colonial is definitely darker than your typical Marshall style amp. I did some research and Heritage Amplifiers recommends V30 and G12H30 speakers to go with the Colonial, which are brighter speakers than a normal G12m Greenback speaker. For the Colonial Pack, I switched the speaker in the profiles to an Ownhammer Marshall 412 cab with V30s and G12-50GL impulse response (IR) in his Marsh-UK Collection pack and it sounds like a match made in heaven!

• They certainly are my favorite clean to mid proflles So far I tried them with a strat type guitar with Ash + maple neck and alnico II single coils. From my experience, once a profile sounds good in one guitar, I've never had a problem making it sound good with my other guitars.

Well, my brother's LP through the high-gain ones was what I was talking about, actually Deano. He didn't want to audition the cleans 'cause he's a strictly-high-gain dude.

Maybe you could try a similar guitar or PU style similar to a LP, or even just 'buckers through the pack too? You might find that the cranked Profiles just don't agree with your SC / wood configuration.

• The Colonial is definitely darker than your typical Marshall style amp. I did some research and Heritage Amplifiers recommends V30 and G12H30 speakers to go with the Colonial, which are brighter speakers than a normal G12m Greenback speaker. For the Colonial Pack, I switched the speaker in the profiles to an Ownhammer Marshall 412 cab with V30s and G12-50GL impulse response (IR) in his Marsh-UK Collection pack and it sounds like a match made in heaven!

To be honest, 49 $ is a little bit expensive at the moment just to get 1 cabinet!