M Britt Kemper Profiles

• Hi Mike,

I really liked the BOC profiles in your new Factory set so I grabbed the BOC pack from your site. I'm very pleased with the profiles. This is one of your packs I didn't have and it doesn't get a lot of coverage on this page but I think it deserves some more attention.

One thing - the 4 Trainor BM patches (Bass Master) - I liked them very much they didn't get a mention in the info sheet for BOC. Were they a late addition - what is the story on that amp?

Regards,
    Antipodes

• Just updated my Kemper and Rig Manager yesterday and was extremely (pleasantly) surprised about these new "Rig Packs".

I already had a few MBritt profile packs on my wishlist - but I must say it really helped to be able to play so many sample sounds for free first.
    Now that I have a good idea how these are actually going to sound with my guitars I will be buying a couple of your packs for sure!

Like others have said before, the amount of free quality profiles just took a HUGE leap upwards with those Rig Packs!

• I've had 4 of Mr. Britt's large packs for a couple of years, and just finished off purchasing the rest of the complete collection!
    I've collected several thousand commercial profiles, and I tend to use a ton of MBritt ones in my band. Love it!!!

I highly recommend these profiles!!!

Rock on!!!
    Will

I am a Profile Whore... Sometimes a Recovering Profile Whore...
    but mostly a Complete and Utter Profile Whore... I want them all... aCk!!! 8|:love:

• I just wanted to pop in and say how much I love the new Rig Manager and the ability to try out all of the Rig Packs so easily without having to download them individually. And as a public service announcement, you owe it to yourself to go check out the Lasse Lammert pack. I especially like German Grease, Liquid Leads, and Juicy Chunks. Just lost about an hour of time playing those. Fun stuff!

• I think it was a late addition to the pack. I didn't have a lot of profiles of that amp and I can't remember who the amp came from but it was one of the 70's wide body heads with the channel inputs separated, not grouped all together like the old bass masters. I used to have one of those same models years ago and it sounded great for the money. I'll see if I can update the BoC info sheet to include it. thanks!

• I think it was a late addition to the pack. I didn't have a lot of profiles of that amp and I can't remember who the amp came from but it was one of the 70's wide body heads with the channel inputs separated, not grouped all together like the old bass masters. I used to have one of those same models years ago and it sounded great for the money. I'll see if I can update the BoC info sheet to include it. thanks!

I believe that Traynor came from a bass player friend of mine. He used it as his bass rig. Sounded pretty good with bass & awesome with guitar.

My name is Chris & I'm a guitar-a-holic!

• Quote:
    I believe that Traynor came from a bass player friend of mine. He used it as his bass rig. Sounded pretty good with bass & awesome with guitar.

OK - thanks for the info. Sounds like it might be a good amp to make some merged profiles with if it ever gets another look in.

• Hi Mike,

Love the 65 ACE 30 bundle. Got it the other day. Best AC profiles I've tried. Now the only problem is deciding which ones to regularly use! The profiles with the 3rd power cab were extra special as well. When playing those with headphones, I swear it was like the cabinet was sitting in the room next to me. Extra magical. But I liked the blue alnico profiles in their own way. Interestingly I have a few other of your bundles, pack 1, guyatron, and the 69 marsh pack, and the ones profiled with the 3rd power cab are usually my favorites.

• And as a public service announcement, you owe it to yourself to go check out the Lasse Lammert pack. I especially like German Grease, Liquid Leads, and Juicy Chunks. Just lost about an hour of time playing those. Fun stuff!

OMG... what's happened to you, Mike?

The Kemper's turning you into an animal, mate. Look out SinMix. :D

• Hi Mike,

Love the 65 ACE 30 bundle. Got it the other day. Best AC profiles I've tried. Now the only problem is deciding which ones to regularly use! The profiles with the 3rd power cab were extra special as well. When playing those with headphones, I swear it was like the cabinet was sitting in the room next to me. Extra magical. But I liked the blue alnico profiles in their own way. Interestingly I have a few other of your bundles, pack 1, guyatron, and the 69 marsh pack, and the ones profiled with the 3rd power cab are usually my favorites.

Thanks! I'm especially partial to the 3rd Power 212 cab. It has a diagonal board between the speakers so they each have their own chamber and the non-parallel walls of the chamber keep cab resonance pretty even and the port in the back is small enough so it kinda sounds like a cross between a closed back and an open back. It's my favorite cab I've ever used. That's why I use it so much. It lets the amp's sound be the star instead of making every amp sound too colored from the cabinet.

And don't fret too much Monkey Man... I don't have the metal chops to play heavy tones for long. It is fun, though.

• Lately I've been using the Xitone onstage and it's been working great. The tone in my open ear hearing the Xitone is more similar to my iem sound so it sounds a bit more even. Every now and then I miss the extra thump the 212 guitar cab gives but I'm sure the soundman appreciates the lack of low end bouncing off the stage.

I'm working on a new compilation pack that should be out in a few weeks. Lots of cool amps and I've been testing some out live already.

Thanks!

• Lately I've been using the Xitone onstage and it's been working great. The tone in my open ear hearing the Xitone is more similar to my iem sound so it sounds a bit more even. Every now and then I miss the extra thump the 212 guitar cab gives but I'm sure the soundman appreciates the lack of low end bouncing off the stage.

I'm working on a new compilation pack that should be out in a few weeks. Lots of cool amps and I've been testing some out live already.

Thanks!

Hopefully it will contain more profiles of the 3rd Power Dreamweaver blackface... hint hint ;)

• Hopefully it will contain more profiles of the 3rd Power Dreamweaver blackface... hint hint ;)

Hasn't that amp been done enough?? ;) Those are still my go-to cleans. Although the new 65 DRRI profiles I have are really nice. I also have some JCM900 and JCM2000 DSL profiles that have been getting some use. There's also some Shiva and Chieftain profiles in the mix.