M Britt Kemper Profiles

• Hi guys,

Pls help me out. Guitar cabs are a big part of the guitar sound. I heard people saying it's almost 50% of the sound.
    A bogner usually uses V30's, a Vox uses blue of greenbacks in general etc.

I noticed the britt profiles make use of the same cabinet. Aren't you missing something of the 'original' voicing because of that?

No offense, they sound very good but I was just wondering......

• Hi,

I really like many of the MBritt profiles - but I think it can be a little hard to find on his web page the correct pack to purchase to get a specific amp or profile.

I was recommended a good fat clean profile called "Mesa Lonestar 11" - does anyone know which pack contain that one?

Also which pack has the most /13 profiles?

Thanks!

• So, I have lots of profiles including many MBritt profiles. I like the older MBritt stuff but they can be a little dark. A little tweak in the high end and they sound pretty good.

BUT, I just purchased the Sweet Sixteen pack. HOLY CRAP, these profiles sound AMAZING! They seem a little more open and a little less dark ... PERFECT!

Sorry for the gushing but I just wanted to spread the word...EXCELLENT profiles! :D:D:D

• You are correct in that cabs can play a large part of the sound. Sometimes that's desirable for sure. The reasons I use the same cab on most of my profiles are:

1. In my experience, if you're doing home recording it's okay to have the stock cabs and having every amp sounding totally unique. I did find with that system that I ended up using only 1 or 2 of the amps as the rest had eq curves from the cab that I didn't care for. Also, for live use, changing amps with different cab curves creates really weird eq shifts that take my ears 20-30 seconds to adjust to, which isn't useful for changing to lead sound for the solo and then back. So, in order to make more "usable" amp tones and be able to switch between them a bit more seamlessly, I started using the same cab for most everything. I used to have a 4-head Bradshaw amp switcher that just went to one cab so it was a sound I was pretty familiar with anyway. That way I look at it as "changing amps" and not setting up a whole new rig.

2. The 3rd Power switchback cabinet I use has a proprietary diagonal baffle board that stops a lot of the standing wave frequencies that tend to give cabs a "tone". One thing I don't care so much for is a cab coloring the tone so much that every amp sounds the same through it (imagine running every amp you own through a tweed deluxe cabinet). I've used numerous speaker cabs, both open back and closed back over the years and it's just my opinion but this 3P cab sounds really good with whatever amp I run into it and it still lets the amp be the star. It may, indeed, have it's own sound and maybe I'm just used to it, but it sounds a bit more "transparent" than many of the other cabs that I've profiled.

3. Sometimes there's a special synergy with an amp and cab and I've tried to include some of those in my packs. The 69 Marshall pack utilizes a couple of Marshall 412s, the 65 AC pack utilizes the open back 212 and blues, and the 5150 pack includes some 5150 cab profiles.

So, my take is that I'll make a small "sacrifice" of the "original" voicing in order to get more amps that I can switch between without getting the aural vertigo associated with most other modelers. You can always swap to cabs you think sound better or just prefer the sound of. I just have my own personal preferences and those kind of show through in what I do. I'm not a big fan of 412 cabs or greenbacks for the most part, but that doesn't mean people that like those are wrong, we just have different ears and tastes.

Pack 3 contains the "Cal Texan 1 1" (names changed to protect the copyright holders). Pack 1 has the "most" ÷13 amps: FTR37, ERT33, LDW39. Pack 3 has the JRT amp. Hope this helps!

Let me know if you have any other questions...
    Mike

• That is such a good explanation. I used to think of using the same cab for profiles as something only negative; but then also started too see/experience some of the same you are describing here.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Utilizing the aforementioned Mesa Lonestar profile, albeit with a Fredric Effects Green Russian Muff in front

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

TG-64 into a Fredric Effects Green Russian Muff into the Fender 65 Deluxe Reverb from the Sweet Sixteen pack.
    External Content youtu.be

Fender Bassbreaker from the same pack. Lead is done with a Jack White Bumble Buzz. Crazy great pedal.

• Had a great time with the 65 Luxe Verb last night out of the Sweet 16 pack.

Set up a performance with the various profiles going from clean, crunch to heavy(ish!) and had a blast with my Tele.

Very dynamic and sounds fab.. splash of reverb and in tone heaven..

Another moment with the other band members going 'are you kidding'!

Happy days :)

Si

• I, too, played a show last night with Michael's profiles setup in Performance mode. I can run the gamut from oldies to classic rock to 80s rock and pop. I use the 3P BF Newest for clean to the Zee Script 4 & 6 for our Eagles and Lynyrd Skynyrd stuff to the Colonial for straight up rock and the newer 5150 pack for the 80s rockers like Bon Jovi and Journey. Flawless and the sound guy loves me for such a clean signal and balanced guitar tones. Even Leslie thought I sounded the best I ever have. Thanks again Mike for your talents here on the board!! Need to get to Nashville sometime this Fall!

• Hi Michael!

Fantastic profiles in your Sweet 16 pack - 3 amps made it immediately into my main live rigs :)

The 65 Deluxe profiles are simply perfectly balanced, those named with "V" really nice for my 335 being a tad brighter and lighter in the mids; and the "N" profiles perfect with Strat and Tele - I replaced almost all of my clean rigs with this amp. Nice compressor settings btw!

And I like the Wild Kitty/Bad Cat really much for meaty/catchy crunch sound, and the 3M howl is beautiful - very open-sounding and tweedy, also a good fit with my 335.
    For my taste, the lighter/brighter overall feel is a big improvement for humbucker guitars (not that your previous packs were bad, but required more tweaking for 335/les paul etc.)

Beautiful additions- thank you!

Sebastian

This time I tried the one of the profiles for acoustic sounds (I believe it was the AcuSim 2) with my fretless reso CBG loaded with a piezo under the cone. The electric sounds are from one of the Bandmaster profiles.

• I just bought the 69 Marshall pack, and it is excellent! Can't believe I waited this long for this pack. I love the variety of cabs and speakers that come with it.Here are a few poorly played samples of three different speakers:

External Content soundcloud.com

Ugh... I meant to shorten the drums at the beginning. Oh well...

Eastwood TG-64 into an Ananashead Tonebender MK III clone into a Fender Bassman profile.

• Michael,

I've been buying many of your profile packs since I bought my Kemper several weeks ago. I'm having a hard time determining what is in what pack and what is an duplicate to another pack or an duplicate to profiles that you have provided for free.

Here are the packs I've bought so far:
    Profile Pack 1, 2, 3, Vintage Pack, D Pack, BoC Pack, 69 Marshall Pack, Tweedy Pack, JKelley Pack

If I buy the remaining packs I'm missing can you give me an idea of how many duplicate profiles I wlll have purchased?

For example you refer to the Sweet 16 pack as a "greatest hits" pack. Are all of those profiles in other packs?

I don't mind buying packs with duplicates when the duplicates were freebies that came with the Kemper or are part of the 50 profile rig pack that was also free. That is to be expected. I'm just trying to avoid buying a pack only to find that I already own most if not all of the profiles already.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Mike Carpenter

Edited 2 times, last by webdoubt ().

• I don't think Mike sells any duplicates, Mike.

The Kemper MBritt Rig Pack is gleaned from his commercial offerings, obviously. That's the M.O. generally with these things; the same applied to Bert Meulendijk's pack, for example.

AFAIK, the Kemper Team™ makes the selections and takes this undertaking very-seriously; they try to test all manner of Profiles under various conditions.

Oh, and welcome to the forum, mate! 8o

• I'm almost certain that the only duplicates should be from the Rig Packs, and Mike has already adjusted his prices to account for that.

For the Sweet 16 pack, I attached screenshots of what is in it.

• Yeah. There are very few duplicates in the packs. I think there are a couple of profiles in Pack 2 that made it into the D-Pack with minor edits.

The Kemper rig pack pulled from existing packs and there's a list of those a couple pages back.

The Sweet 16 pack is all new profiles. My term "Greatest Hits" was a little confusing I guess. I just meant that I pulled my favorite rigs from a bunch of profiles I had made of a bunch of amps at the time. I had been doing mostly single amp packs for a bit with lots of profiles of the same amp so the Sweet 16 was closer to my original packs in format.

Shoot me an email if you have any other specific questions about which packs you have purchased so I can make sure you don't get duplicates of ones you've already gotten.

Thanks!