M Britt Kemper Profiles

• I've been on a strat search for a few years. I had a new '91 strat plus that I used for years before it was stolen. I got a USA '62 RI fiesta red strat in '98 and it's good but still not something I'd play all the time. I went through a couple '70's vintage strats and boutique ones (Anderson, Suhr) and even to the Mexi Road Worn series and still didn't find what I wanted. I got a custom shop strat last year thinking that was it but never bonded with that one either. I recently picked up an Xotic '50's look relic strat with a figured roasted maple neck and I am just in love. I cant' stop playing it. The pickups sounded great but I put some Duncan Antiquity Texas Hot pups in it and an Ilitch backplate and I am no longer looking at strats. If you can get your hands on one to try, I'd highly recommend it. The neck is big but not too big, just nice fat tone, even from a maple board, which is odd because my hands are usually a little bright. The body feels totally naturally broken in and the finish is thin and resonant.

Awesome, thanks for the information Mike!!!

• I've been on a strat search for a few years. I had a new '91 strat plus that I used for years before it was stolen. I got a USA '62 RI fiesta red strat in '98 and it's good but still not something I'd play all the time. I went through a couple '70's vintage strats and boutique ones (Anderson, Suhr) and even to the Mexi Road Worn series and still didn't find what I wanted. I got a custom shop strat last year thinking that was it but never bonded with that one either. I recently picked up an Xotic '50's look relic strat with a figured roasted maple neck and I am just in love. I cant' stop playing it. The pickups sounded great but I put some Duncan Antiquity Texas Hot pups in it and an Ilitch backplate and I am no longer looking at strats. If you can get your hands on one to try, I'd highly recommend it. The neck is big but not too big, just nice fat tone, even from a maple board, which is odd because my hands are usually a little bright. The body feels totally naturally broken in and the finish is thin and resonant.

That's the darkest maple neck i've ever seen...but it looks great!

As you know @lonestargtr I am a Tom Anderson fanboy but this guitar looks amazing! I love that neck!

• Thank you for the Ed King profile, MB! Skynyrd is one of my all time favorites.
    Interesting about the Xotic gutiar. I'll have to check into it. I remember when Oz Noy got interested in these also.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• @lonestargtr

In the information sheet of the 3P CSR Pack we can read: "Many of these Gain profiles use cabinets from the Kemper Cab Pack".

So does that mean you did direct profiles of the amp and combined them with already existing cabs? And the cab parts used here are not done with the Kemper, but they are Impulse Responses converted to Kemper format with Cab Maker software, right?

@lonestargtr
    Still interested in the answer ;)
    I would like to know, if there a only profiled Kemper cabs in the pack or (also some) just converted IR.
    Thanks.

And also thank you for the free profile!

• @lonestargtrStill interested in the answer ;)
    I would like to know, if there a only profiled Kemper cabs in the pack or (also some) just converted IR.
    Thanks.

And also thank you for the free profile!

Most of the gain profiles use the cabs from the blended IR pack. I did not do direct profiles of the amps, but rather just swapped cabs. Since most of the time I use many of the same cabs I can swap without weird eq happening. Every time I compared the profiled cab to the IR cab I just preferred them on the gain settings. All of the cleanish profiles use the profiled cabs. Working with Jamie, my goal was to get tones he approved of and I was able to do that using the the blended cabs. I think the amp/cab separation algorithm has gotten better over time and I feel the DI adds a layer to the profiles, imparting a slight shift of tone to the sound. I've just been happier swapping cabs since the basic tonality is so close, it's just like making minor eq changes on a mixing console or something.

• I finally got a chance to give this profile a go. No $#!+. That's good. Just a touch more gain and tiny bit of bass (for my low pickups). Right there! Sounds, feels and acts like a real (good) amp. So, I go back to the distortion "masterpiece" I've been working on all this week and think it's going to sound drastically out of the EQ realm and nasty, right? No! Not at all. That was a shock. I guess I'm finding out these profiles can and do stand up pretty well...being new to this and all. Bonus! :thumbup:

Thank you Michael for that great amp profile. :thumbup:

• External Content
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Featuring Michael‘s TBolt 1 profile, an Ananashead Effects MFZ-1 clone was additionally used

• External Content

This time I stumbled upon a Morgan profile from the BoC pack. A hidden gem! I feel like I really should get to know each and every one of the MBritt profiles I bought. But I‘d have to do it with all of my guitars, though. Might have to ask my boss for a day off for some ”research“ :D

Edited once, last by Nick ().

• Funny (to me) little story I just have to share... So, I got myself a Christmas gift, a DynaMount automated microphone moving system. It basically lets me move microphones in realtime using an app via wifi, which lets me find sweet spots on speaker in realtime. Our band cave has been undergoing some work as Dean is moving his studio stuff in, so I decided to set it up in my house. I confiscated a closet a short distance from my office for a makeshift iso room for my speaker cab and set up the Dynamount and as much sound baffling as I felt necessary (or had on hand) and away I went. I first shot IRs using most all my speaker cabinets. My house currently looks like a gear locker. I have promised my wife it isn't permanent.

I recently picked up a Matchless Spitfire and had some tweaks done to a couple of my other amps so I wanted to profile those, so I did. Then I did some custom profiling for a buddy that's out on a big rock tour and everything was sounding pretty darn good, so I decided to just profile all 8 of my personal amps. Keep in mind that many of the amps in Packs 1 and 2 were mine (at least at the time), so these are amps that I've probably profiled numerous times, and the first profiles I made were in my living room with couch cushions. I have used some of those early profiles for years on the road and they were pretty hard to beat.

So as I'm listening back over the last couple of days to the new profiles, I kept comparing to the rigs I'm currently using in our show and they were super similar (in a good way). In a slightly crazy, ballsy mania, this afternoon I backed up my main road Kemper and proceeded to replace every single rig in our live show with profiles that I made this week. Granted, most of the original amps are the same, but there are a few new ones like the Matchless and the Extra Spanky that I have never used live. I still use my main 3P Britt's Dream and my 72 Marshall a lot because those are still some of my favorite tones. I just finished soundcheck and although it's a bit of a loud, untreated room, the sound in my iems on the 4 songs we played was pretty darn awesome.

Why would I embrace such madness? I feel like after a year of touring, my ears get a bit worn down and we've been off for a month or so. My ears are pretty fresh and I just wanted a bit of a fresh start this year. I like the basic tones that I've been using but just wondered if I could make them better. Since getting the Kemper, my tone-searching quest has kinda been on the back-burner. I haven't needed to constantly change things. I swap a rig in/out here or there, but this is the first big overhaul I've done in a couple of years. I'll let you know how it goes after a couple of shows. Tonight's room probably isn't the best to judge overall tone, but if it's as good tonight as it was at soundcheck, then I should be pretty happy with it.

I'm sorry for the long read but I'm kinda excited about trying some new stuff while still keeping the main bones of my tone. I'll post here more as I test them.

• That’s awesome to hear from you Mike!

I have done the same recently-

I use your 72 Marshall for my rock stuff, and that new 3rd power CSR just really got me teetering on replacing the Marshall just to switch things up.

The Colonial also replaced my single coil clean and dirt tones from the /13 tones I have been using for a few years recently.

Regardless, I wouldn’t use anything other than your profiles live!

Thanks again!

Nick