M Britt Kemper Profiles

• I didn't bond with most of my strats until I had a nice American (just a lucky find) and just sold it, lol. Tried Anderson, Suhr, but it was my Thorn SoCal that is the keeper.

It's not 100% classic sounding, very close, maybe a bit hotter (and made by Lollar I think) but it's darned close. Why sound exactly like everybody else!

That said, my fav guitars right now are my LP and Duesenberg Starplayer. They just sound killer recorded The Thorn is easiest to play. Like a PRS or Custom Strat neck.

• Can someone tell me how to Embed the video in this forum. I couldn't figure out how to do it.

Simply paste the URL for the video in the body of your message.

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Most of the gain profiles use the cabs from the blended IR pack. I did not do direct profiles of the amps, but rather just swapped cabs. Since most of the time I use many of the same cabs I can swap without weird eq happening. Every time I compared the profiled cab to the IR cab I just preferred them on the gain settings. All of the cleanish profiles use the profiled cabs. Working with Jamie, my goal was to get tones he approved of and I was able to do that using the the blended cabs. I think the amp/cab separation algorithm has gotten better over time and I feel the DI adds a layer to the profiles, imparting a slight shift of tone to the sound. I've just been happier swapping cabs since the basic tonality is so close, it's just like making minor eq changes on a mixing console or something.

Michael,

Your Citizen Gain profile sounds excellent! I am about to purchase it for my newly acquired Power Toaster. :)

Is there any chance you might be doing a subsequent profile of the Dual Citizen? This is my go-to amp and, as a newby, I am certain any profile I create of this killer amp will be vastly inferior to your excellent work.

Thanks for all the great work! :)

Pedal Board (Fuzz Fella>ClinchFX Pico>Flashback>Alter Ego>Unit67)>Kemper Floor>SD PS170>Kabinet

Edited once, last by LordByron ().

• For mid gain tones recently, I've been really liking a cleanish amp (gain ~3) with a screamer module mixed in about 50-60%. It seems to have better note separation and less compression overall than using a mid gain (gain ~5) profile. Has anyone else tried that? It reacts really nice to picking dynamics and volume knob too. Always learning new stuff.

• For the last month, I've been using low gain profiles, yours Mike, and some Tone Junkie stuff with several different real pedals up front. A Tumnus, a JHS Soul Food, a Boss SD-1 with a Monte Allum mod kit, an original grey DOD OD250, and an old Keeley triple mod TS from when he was just starting his own pedals. They all some more alive to me than using higher gain profiles or using the on board drives. Some work better with some amps, and some work better with others. That's the fun of finding the right combo and then there's magic.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Here's Michael 's Britt Marshall SL 100 profile live ":)

I got a cramp in my hand just from watching that! Great playing and sound.

Hi Anatoli,

Great playing, great sound, great song. Is the whole song available on Youtube? How can I find it?

• Michael Britt Matchless profile ;)

External Content www.youtube.com

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Michael Britt Matchless profile ;)

External Content www.youtube.com

Ash

Glorious sounding