M Britt Kemper Profiles

• The new Crank and Go pack is definitely less dark than Michael's previous offerings and therefore some humbucker players may like them more. I haven't tested them at gig volume but the Friedman BE50 is worth the price of admission alone. I was hoping someone with a good ear would profile this amp so in Mr Britts hands this sounds great (to me), then with the other gems in this pack I couldn't resist. I definitely fall into the category of too many profiles(is there such a thing??) but am so glad I pulled the trigger on this. The 78 JMP is not getting much of a mention, I'm loving this one in the pack as well.

• hi Michael

congrads again for your amazing crank an go pack just wondering was it a new profiling method or using humbuckers I have request may be crank an go pack 2 using your same method may be fender twin/reverbs or two rock amps thanks again Michael great job on your last pack.

regards

Ian

Ian Flynn

• So has anyone else ever thought you had it all figured out and everything was good with your tone? And then you start rehearsals for your co-headline Christmas tour with Phil Vassar and you’re sharing the stage with another guitar player who uses a Kemper? Using some of your profiles? And he sounds “better”? No? Just me?

The moral of this story is that there isn’t just one way to do things and there’s always room to learn, even when you think you know a lot.

So my buddy Jeff plays guitar in Phil’s band and we all share the stage for about half the show. He’s using a couple of real dirt pedals in front of his Kemper and just using 1-2 rigs, mostly a clean rig and he uses his dirt pedals for gain. Sounds great. I’ve spent years finding the right rig for each song, trying out new ones, settling on my faves. I think I spent so much time fine tuning the details that I may have missed the forest for the trees. Ha. That is not to say the tones I had when I walked in that day weren’t good. They were good and if that’s all you/I heard then they would’ve been great. It’s just when you’re playing with someone else the tones haven’t to kinda match up. His tone sounded a little bigger and rounder.

So I asked what he was using and he said one of the /13 LDW rigs from my very first pack. Probably one of the first 5-6 amps I profiled in my living room when I was first starting to make profiles. I don’t know what’s different (firmware, signal chain) but those LDW profiles are louder than almost every other one I’ve made. So I thought, I’ll try that on a song. So I made a rig using it for one of the Christmas songs in the show. Then another. And pretty soon I was using it on almost every song and just using the screamer or rat module for a little dirt. Now I have to rethink whether I want to re-program our whole regular show using it. I’m still using a couple of other profiles (maz jr, soldano, 72 mars, Helios) but my main tones are that one rig. Who knew?

It’s all what works for you and that can change. Sometimes overnight.

I know my ears change a bit over time and I’ve seen the comments about the new packs being a little more open on top. That is both by design as well as just my ears changing. A lot of it is just volume. I’m prob running less volume now at home and onstage to prolong my ears’ life so they’re more balanced at that level. I’ve also gotten the DynaMount mic positioner so it lets me adjust mics in real-time. Some of it is just a response to what I am trying to mentally fine tune and fix.

So, who else is primarily using 1-2 rigs all night and not trying to use a whole collection for live gigs? And what is your go-to main rig? It’s so funny to me that there are so many different good tones that people find rigs that I never think to use, like this LDW. But it is so muscular and big sounding. I’ll see where this train takes me.

Sorry for the long winded post but I’ve been trying to wrap my brain around it for the last couple of weeks and it’s been working so well at shows I just wanted to share.

• I'm enjoying a lot of it, particularly the Crank n Go, but I keep coming back to the Friedman.

Part of me feels like I should be using all the other profiles, just because I have them. Of course, that's like saying I should use every position of every knob on an amp, just to make sure they all get used.

I just dialed in a dozen songs for some classic rock guys I'm meeting next weekend. About half of them use different profiles, but honestly the differences are pretty subtle. The other half I just left on the Friedman after realizing that I was trying to force myself to use different profiles on principle, instead of just rolling with the great sound I already had.

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• I am using 2 rigs from rig exchange, tweaked for almost every song, 15 songs setlist. I bought crank n go and some cililab packs..but i am not ready to change my sound yet.

I think when you work with less sounds,and a guitar cab for example aswell, you have less variation but you have some kind of coherence, consistence in the mix. And you have less problems due to the room sound or PA sound of the venue.

I mean if you have 10 very different sounds, on the venue you cant check and compensate for every sound. Maybe one rig has more high end and in the venue you have to use a PA and a cab high freq dominant for example. you dont know and check and adjust monitor or main out eq to compensate for another rig with less high end and you can end with an ear pierce surprise when turning on that especific rig..or not hearing you if the example goes on the other way.

• I just stay with the morgan ,, and use more gain as I go to leads,Klon pedal in front, with the same profile and cab, I get the same great tone show after show, Im a big fan of your FTR37 profiles,

Thanks

• lonestargtr

I have been using three profiles from the Colonial pack in the performance slots for over a year and a half now with one of the bands I'm in. It fits the mix and sound of this band perfectly. One clean, one crunchy and one high gain for lead. It covers a wide range of tones and styles that I need nothing else. I have been wanting to try some other profiles from other packs you've released but these three have covered me for a long time. Thank you for these, brother!

• lonestargtr

I have been using three profiles from the Colonial pack in the performance slots for over a year and a half now with one of the bands I'm in. It fits the mix and sound of this band perfectly. One clean, one crunchy and one high gain for lead. It covers a wide range of tones and styles that I need nothing else. I have been wanting to try some other profiles from other packs you've released but these three have covered me for a long time. Thank you for these, brother!

hello ,can you tell which profiles you use?thanks in advance!

• My favourite Solo Sound is the Bogner Xtasy blue channel (profile Pack 2).

Also the Vox AC30 profiles are great (profile Pack 2)

For AC/DC like rhythm parts I like the 70 Marshall Super Lead profiles (profile Pack 2)

For Blues solo I like the 65 Bassman with the Timmy (profile Pack 2).

I also bought other packs, but Pack 2 is still my favorite.

The Friedman profiles from the Crank and Go pack are very good. I will use some in the future. :thumbup:

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Skating away on the thin ice of a new day
    Last Exit Rockband

• your /13 LDW is very awasome rig for Fender sound !!! it's one of my favorite profiles